• Announcements

• Flash Mod

Members! PLEASE READ Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines BEFORE POSTING

Before participating in our forum or any other area of AdamOfficial.com please read and acquaint yourself with the following Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines:   http://forum.adamofficial.com/topic/62357-forum-guidelines/   http://www.warnerbrosrecords.com/terms-of-service
    • Flash Mod

***HERE is how to access PRESALE CODES, VIP* and Meet and Greet* opportunities.***   01/30/2017

Before getting down to the business of access to presale codes, etc. please take note:   ***Please be advised that any member publicly posting actual presale codes anywhere on the forum (and possibly elsewhere!) or reportedly through private messages, will be banned from membership here on AO! NO EXCEPTIONS!   Our site here at adamofficial.com (aka AO) is Adam's official record label site, not his official fan club, and is not the place to find presale codes, nor are they provided through the official newsletter.   Presale codes are provided to paid members of Adam's official fan club one to several hours before the presale begins. If you are a paid member you can find the presale code in your dashboard at that site.
      The official fan club, Adam Lambert Fans, can be found here: http://www.adamlambertfans.com
      You must pay a fee to join. I believe the minimum fee is $9.99.
      Any other entity, website, or contact person on Twitter, email, etc. claiming to be representing Adam's official fan club and collecting payments other than directly at the above website is BOGUS, NOT LEGITIMATE!   Any questions you may have concerning any aspect of the fan club, including presale codes, VIP* tickets, Meet and Greet* opportunities, should only be addressed to the fan club moderators, DearBecky and addictedtoadam here on AO in the Adam Lambert Fan Club subforum. Please check to see if your question has already been posted in an existing thread there before posting a new topic. Please do not post questions concerning these subjects anywhere else on the forum. You can find the fan club subforum listed on the main forums page directly under Tour Talk.   The direct link is:
      http://forum.adamofficial.com/forum/30-adam-lambert-fan-club/   Fan club moderators, please correct me on anything I've posted that you find to be unclear or incorrect, through a PM. Thanks.   *Meet and Greet and VIP opportunities may or may not be offered.
Sign in to follow this  
Flyte

Why Have Sony UK Failed To Deliver Success For Adam?. Help Urgently Needed From US and International Glamberts

I am a very positive person who believes good things always comes to those with a good spirit. And I continue to be positive about Adam's future in the UK.

However, what am reading on a UK site seems to be that there is a problem with radio play with Radio 1/2. These are the major radio's that is important for songs charting. Apparently they will not play Adam's music because of some sort of aggro from fans and non fans who are no longer fans of Adam etc. I hope I have not misundertood but this is what has been communicated. Further more they would have happily promoted another AI star rather than Adam.

Now! What baffles me is where is all this negativity coming from? Most radio station where falling over Adam when he was here. What has changed? There is no problems with other counteries, why the UK?

IMO , if there is a problem with radio Sony/RCA has to try to get to bottom of it and do some damage control. The UK is a major market for international success. Adam has all the goods. All they need is to put things right.

I do not think it helps if there is anxiety and panic about sales. But He needs PR to sort it out if the story is true. Does Simon Fuller does this job or will it be RCA? I believe the sooner the better.

Regards

Babie

Babie, could you explain please. What aggro?.

I think you will find, in the case of Radio 1, they are committed to playing mainly UK artists,,but they obviously play US stars too and they do seem to have snubbed Adam.

IMO there is no problem with radio, just the people in charge of getting him the opportunities.

Radio stations were not falling over themselves to play FYE, that's not the case at all. At least WWFM is getting some support in regional radio and commercial stations.

@Babie I really think youve misunderstood. "aggro from fans and non fans who are no longer fans of Adam etc. I hope I have not misundertood but this is what has been communicated. " Where was this comunicated? What do you mean by aggro fron fans?

"Further more they would have happily promoted another AI star rather than Adam." What other AI star?

The problem isnt actually with Radio 1 and 2. Its tru they won't play Adam but thats because they don't see why they should. Its the job of the promotion people at Sony UK to persuade them to play Adam's music by showing them how big and successful he is every where else and they failed in there job.

An what radio stations were falling over Adam when he was here? The sames one that are playing him now. There hasnt been a change, Radio 1 and 2 have never shown an interest in Adam. The problem with radio airplay isn't the cause of Adam's lack of success here, its the effect of the failure of Sony.

You say "he needs PR to sort it out" and "All they need is to put things right." Ha ha! That's exactly what Flyte is saying isn't happening. There isnt negativity from radio stations or fans. Theres indifference from radio stations (because they haven't been persuaded that Adam is worth playing), theres intense effort and support from a fanbase that consists of no more than one to two thousand people at most, and theres a lot of mistakes from a PR team that have failed Adam.

Third post. Others have not registered.

I want to make one thing clear. I will not tolerate been attacked for telling fans what I found on another site. I thought I was trying to help by telling you guys what I have read.

Its not worth the panic and anxiety which only leads to negativity. So Calm down!

I am new to this forum after pondering for quite a while whether I should join or not, as I do not like forums/message boards. But for the love of Adam I have-now regretting why? What I have learnt from them is they tend to disintergrate into chaos and arguments which is not me. I am all about positivity.

Well. If you guys want to check out I said in my last post here is the link and you can make up your mind.http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1226504&page=129

Regards

Babie

Babie, nobody is attacking you, just trying to understand what the 'aggro' was you were speaking about.

I've had a look on Digital Spy (couldn't get your link to work) and now I can see what you're referring to. IMO, I would take that with a pinch of salt, it sounds like the person who stated that stuff had a motive for doing so, I wouldn't worry about that.

What is worrying is that Adam has dropped six places on the chart from 71 to 77 ( I know he's not officially released yet, but the single is still for sale on iTunes) and Capital, the big commercial station in London who have really supported him, seem to be dropping their rotation.

CassieS: Exactly. it really is very dispiriting to see the way his PR has been mishandled over here.

To me, at this stage, the only thing that is going to prove to people what a shambles Sony UK have made of Adam's promo is the performance of WWFM when it is released on the 19th.

Consider how well this has done everywhere and watch what happens to it here. That will be the result of limited airplay and extremely poor publicity and nothing else. To say it is frustrating is an understatement.

I am not naive enough to think that Simon Fuller has any hands on involvement in Adam's UK campaign at this stage, he is way too high up the chain, but I wish to God he was and had an idea of just what effective support Adam HASN'T had from the team behind him here.

For all of us in the UK it's a pretty s*itty deal.

Hi Flyte

Re Sony UK - It could be worth sending them a message on their Facebook page (if they have one). I left a message on SonyMusicNZ's fb page last week and today I got an email from them in reply.

Here's my message:

Hiya Sony. Love seeing news about Adam Lambert on your page. There are rumours he is touring NZ sometime later this year. Can you let your Twitter followers know of any dates as soon as you get them please? Thanks a lot!

Here's the reply I got:

@Carole don't worry, as soon as we have news you guys here and our twitter followers will be the first to know!

Understand. There are some very dedicated UK fans who have regularly posted on AO previously, who do so now, and are also very active on Twitter. There are several active Adam Lambert UK fan sites too. Hard to understand why things are not taking off so well - but if Adam is not getting the support from the very people paid to promote his awesome artistry, that must have an impact.

Unfortunately I missed it, but I believe that WWFM was aired at the end of the World Cup Soccer final today - that will have reached all over the world! How can the UK miss that fact! Sooner or later popularity will catch up. Maybe the release of another song may help boost things in due course of time - especially the release of Sleepwalker, Fever or Pick U Up.

When UK radio stations realise they are missing out on something that Europe and the rest of the world are experiencing - a truely artistic phenomena - I wonder who will be wearing egg on their face at the loss of $$$ that could have been had?

It maybe that promo in UK is slower. However, I am absolutely sure that Adam Lambert is destined for success in the UK too, regardless.

Oh, and by the way Adam Lambert has special rapport /reason for travelling to the UK - Bowie (he has said many times he would love to collaborate with David Bowie); Elton John (they already have connection/communication); and Adam even indicated in his promo tour in UK that he very much liked it there and could live there! This will all catch up in time - Adam won't forget!!! :)

This is an e-mail to a U.K Adam fan from radio1

.Firstly, Radio 1 is obliged to strongly support UK music: a minimum of 40% of each week's playlist must be by UK artists,Naturally we therefore favour UK acts such as JLS and Diana Vickers. Radio 1 must play a wide variety of different styles of music. We consider Adam to be a pop artist and pop is currently.every song out there, or every artist, and currently we do not consider Adam to be a priority at Radio One....although we will continue to keep an eye on his popularity in the UK.' we have played Adam in our Switch zone on a Sunday evening