• Announcements

• Flash Mod

Members! PLEASE READ Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines BEFORE POSTING

Before participating in our forum or any other area of AdamOfficial.com please read and acquaint yourself with the following Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines:   http://forum.adamofficial.com/topic/62357-forum-guidelines/   http://www.warnerbrosrecords.com/terms-of-service
    • Flash Mod

***HERE is how to access PRESALE CODES, VIP* and Meet and Greet* opportunities.***   01/30/2017

Before getting down to the business of access to presale codes, etc. please take note:   ***Please be advised that any member publicly posting actual presale codes anywhere on the forum (and possibly elsewhere!) or reportedly through private messages, will be banned from membership here on AO! NO EXCEPTIONS!   Our site here at adamofficial.com (aka AO) is Adam's official record label site, not his official fan club, and is not the place to find presale codes, nor are they provided through the official newsletter.   Presale codes are provided to paid members of Adam's official fan club one to several hours before the presale begins. If you are a paid member you can find the presale code in your dashboard at that site.
      The official fan club, Adam Lambert Fans, can be found here: http://www.adamlambertfans.com
      You must pay a fee to join. I believe the minimum fee is $9.99.
      Any other entity, website, or contact person on Twitter, email, etc. claiming to be representing Adam's official fan club and collecting payments other than directly at the above website is BOGUS, NOT LEGITIMATE!   Any questions you may have concerning any aspect of the fan club, including presale codes, VIP* tickets, Meet and Greet* opportunities, should only be addressed to the fan club moderators, DearBecky and addictedtoadam here on AO in the Adam Lambert Fan Club subforum. Please check to see if your question has already been posted in an existing thread there before posting a new topic. Please do not post questions concerning these subjects anywhere else on the forum. You can find the fan club subforum listed on the main forums page directly under Tour Talk.   The direct link is:
      http://forum.adamofficial.com/forum/30-adam-lambert-fan-club/   Fan club moderators, please correct me on anything I've posted that you find to be unclear or incorrect, through a PM. Thanks.   *Meet and Greet and VIP opportunities may or may not be offered.
Sign in to follow this  
Karena

AdamSong

UPDATE Jan 29, 2013

I have decided to tweet this link to Adam for his birthday. I have no other gift to give him. I wish I could draw, or paint, or sculpt. I wish I could sing without stage fright. I wish I could make a video but I am not talented in these ways

This was our beloved MamaH's favourite piece of writing from me. So I send it to Adam in her memory.

Adam, if you read this, please know that this was written after the first time you sang Outlaws of Love onstage. You have changed the way I hear music forever, and I will always be grateful.

Happy Birthday Adam. Thank you for sharing YOU with US

Love, Karena xo

"AdamSong"

"With love's light wings did I o'erperch these walls,

For stony limits cannot hold love out,

And what love can do, that dares love attempt..."

~William Shakespeare; Romeo and Juliet. Act 2 Scene 2

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

It is not often that I am in awe of something, or someone. It is not often that I hear the hidden call of a lone sparrow in the middle of the night, or the sound of a wave, lapping at the shore of an otherwise still lake.

The poet, baring her soul, the artist, expressing a vulnerability through the visual art, the musician presenting his song, for all the world to hear.

I take these things for granted. I don't always hear them. I don't always feel them. I often miss the visual cues, the symbolic undertones, the non-linear concepts and sequences.

But every once in awhile, something moves me so deeply, reaches beyond my wall of complacency, and opens the window to my soul.

AdamSong.

The lyrics. Simple, yet complex in their message. Painful to hear("They say we'll rot in hell") but hopeful in the message (But I don't think we will").

The anguish of having 'no place to run to'. 'No place to grow old'. The frustration of 'being branded', and of ' all we know is no'. The wisdom to remind us that 'we cry the same tears', we 'feel the same rain'. The reminder that 'scars make us who we are'. Poignant.

And the dream that 'we would go so far with our minds wide open.

Open.'

There is not a point where I have to stop and analize these lyrics. Nor, do I take them for granted in simple terms, or at face value.

AdamSong.

Behind these lyrics lies the soul of a man who has single handedly made me face my humanity. He has made me think, he has made me feel beyond emotional state of being. He has made me question myself, he has made me stop and truly contemplate the things I take for granted in my life. To appreciate what I have, but to strive to go beyond that realm of thought, and into the heart of the essence that is me.

AdamSong.

He delivers this song simply.

It is almost hushed, tentative, at first.

Adam's voice carries upon the night breeze a tenderness, despite the harsh reality of the meaning. He delivers this gift, wrapped up in a vocal package that is soft and sweet, emotional and strong, sure and true, honest and courageous. There is an underlying excitement, as he gains momentum, and you can hear the turning point. He has taken the risk. He will not look back.

Like Romeo, he chose to ascend that balcony to his love, to his fate, and he had no regrets. Despite all obstacles, despite any opinions of others, despite even the voice in his head, he sang with his heart.

For love.

Love for his family, his loved one, his friends.

Love for his music, his art, his message.

Love for himself.

AdamSong.

And we all stopped to hear him. We all listened. We felt something stir within our being. We freed the darkness with a new light of awareness.

We laughed, and cried. We know. We feel. We hope and dream and sing in the Joy that is Love, and in the Depth that is Despair. For they are interchangeable, and they are Life.

And they are Love.

The Turning Point.

For us. For Adam. For the World.

"And what love can do, that dares love attempt" .

AdamSong.

Respectfully submitted,

Karena xoxo

:jawdrop: You write like an angel :) You choose your words carefully but they come easily as well. A natural gift. I absoluetely love your writing for everything it is and everything it stands for. I don't think your heart could grow if you tried because it's already so huge.

Huge fan here! I love you!

Sunshine

@ Sunshine.... you know I am a huge fan of yours, too. Huge.

The work you do with poetry - your videos and graphics... stellar. Fun. You are something else, kiddo!

Hugs to you.

And thank you!

K. xoxo

Karena once again you have done it....but think this time you have even "outdone" yourself!

I cried when I listened to that song and am in tears again right now.

You have captured what Adam wanted in that song! :) Bravo!

You have said it so beautifully. YOU are an amazing person, with a gift for writing. I thank Adam everyday for bringing so many wonderful people, here, together! :)

Awwwwww....MamaH.... I've been waiting for you!!! Thank you so much. I was so hoping that you would find me here.

You are always so positive, and it means so much.... more than you could know.

Huge hugs.

Love, Karena xo