• Announcements

• Flash Mod

Members! PLEASE READ Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines BEFORE POSTING

Before participating in our forum or any other area of AdamOfficial.com please read and acquaint yourself with the following Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines:   http://forum.adamofficial.com/topic/62357-forum-guidelines/   http://www.warnerbrosrecords.com/terms-of-service
    • Flash Mod

***HERE is how to access PRESALE CODES, VIP* and Meet and Greet* opportunities.***   01/30/2017

Before getting down to the business of access to presale codes, etc. please take note:   ***Please be advised that any member publicly posting actual presale codes anywhere on the forum (and possibly elsewhere!) or reportedly through private messages, will be banned from membership here on AO! NO EXCEPTIONS!   Our site here at adamofficial.com (aka AO) is Adam's official record label site, not his official fan club, and is not the place to find presale codes, nor are they provided through the official newsletter.   Presale codes are provided to paid members of Adam's official fan club one to several hours before the presale begins. If you are a paid member you can find the presale code in your dashboard at that site.
      The official fan club, Adam Lambert Fans, can be found here: http://www.adamlambertfans.com
      You must pay a fee to join. I believe the minimum fee is $9.99.
      Any other entity, website, or contact person on Twitter, email, etc. claiming to be representing Adam's official fan club and collecting payments other than directly at the above website is BOGUS, NOT LEGITIMATE!   Any questions you may have concerning any aspect of the fan club, including presale codes, VIP* tickets, Meet and Greet* opportunities, should only be addressed to the fan club moderators, DearBecky and addictedtoadam here on AO in the Adam Lambert Fan Club subforum. Please check to see if your question has already been posted in an existing thread there before posting a new topic. Please do not post questions concerning these subjects anywhere else on the forum. You can find the fan club subforum listed on the main forums page directly under Tour Talk.   The direct link is:
      http://forum.adamofficial.com/forum/30-adam-lambert-fan-club/   Fan club moderators, please correct me on anything I've posted that you find to be unclear or incorrect, through a PM. Thanks.   *Meet and Greet and VIP opportunities may or may not be offered.
Sign in to follow this  
contarino

About Brian London's rude tweet

Actually I don't know if it's venting or not but I wish this could be posted on the most visible forum so everyone could see it.

Aren't we almost tired of listening to Adam and his staff saying criticism is always accepted as long as they are respectful?

well, what can you tell me about this?

http://i49.tinypic.com/zksks5.jpg

That is absolutely BS. how can he answer someone like that? Instead of just ignoring, answer with a "Thx" or actually caring about one fan has to say he replies that rudely? And people even say it's so funny and good? what are they happy about, a dictatorship attitude?

I'm starting to think Adam isn't the intelligent man I used to think by letting people like this around him. I don't even want to start talking about how bad his current band sounds and how it's ruining all live presentations...

Contarino

We "met" on the I need to say this thread,then you had a problem with Adam's tweeting, now you have a similar problem with BL tweets. I have no intention to patronize you , to sound condescending but you seem to forget a very important aspect of Tweeter.It gives people the false impression that a direct question/answer relation with their favorite artist makes it(the relation) more familiar, more intimate and they can afford to cross the line, to offer unasked suggestions, advice. I'm not a fan of these reggae covers or versions but the best place to post my possible complaints or disappointments is here, on a forum, to discuss about them, why not" to quarrel", to defend my point of view.

As to how good or not Adam's band is we've talked and talked and ....when Adam is financially able to hire better musicians , when he is categorized as a profitable artist , when people wake up from the brain washing and appreciate VOICE mostly he'll hire Nightwish.(joking, they are my favorite symphonic metal rock band) Till then he and his band are working hard, it's impossible not to observe TJR progress.

Yes @Tarabostes, I remember you :)

Hmmm, so you think sending a perfectly respectful Tweet is crossing the line? Why? I mean, if the message would say "I loved that version" I'm sure nobody would say "you crossed the line, keep your impressions here" but like it was something different it does?

I think it was a normal tweet that he could have simply ignored!!! I mean, if he would have ignored or say "thx" and still ignore it, it would have been better. This way, he is only provoking and the only one who suffers damage is adam, not him.

Don't you think it would have been way more diplomatic and less confronting to say a simple thx or even ignore it?

As for the band I don't think it's because "he can't afford better people". He was able to have a great band before so I'm pretty sure he can keep the same "level". Not saying more, but the same.

anyway, thx for posting tara :)

One thing I was remembering now is that Adam recentyl joined Keek, right? Well, on his welcome video he said to send us videos about us so we can stay in touch and tell him anything we want. This is exactly what people do on Twitter too and this is why I think this girl did nothing wrong but exactly what Adam told her to do. :S

Brian's tweet does come across as rude, but I can't tell whether he meant it seriously or in a kidding way. With no visual or tone of voice behind it you can't assume what his intention was. If he was serious, then yes that was rude because she posted her tweet in a respectful way. If he was kidding then maybe he should clarify it. If in fact Adam is asking fans to give him input, then having someone in his band slam those whose input is even a little negative is counter to what he is saying.

As for the band - we'lll just have to agree to disagree on that subject, my opinion is the same as it was on the previous "I Need to Say This" thread. We have NO CLUE what Adam's finances are, what the label will front, what comes out of his pocket and what goes into it - but it is highly likely that he made much more from FYE than he has so far from Trespassing, based on sales numbers. Sometimes having someone who supports your vision is more important than whether they are at the same skill level as someone who goes against your vision. If Adam was fronting a band it would be different - but Adam is a solo artist with a voice that should be front and center, and the rest is not nearly as important IMHO.

Adamazing, exactly, it's really difficult to tell but you know what? It's not the first time he answered this way and even blocked someone for a same Tweet, that's why I can definitely assume he isn't being ironic.

Anyway, if this was a real ironic answer, it's something you do with someone you know and not an unknown person, and if you still decide to do it, you add a smilie like :) or ;) or even a haha to make sure they other person understands it's a joke.

Being his musical director I think he should be more diplomatic and not affect Adam's career withthis repeated attitudes.

contarino

What I'm going to tell you is based on a hunch. I think that Adam's latest interest in reggae is mainly based on his musical conversations with BL, the musical director.(maybe that's why that tweet was not taken well by him) I also think that all that jazz in the intro is perfectly fitted to his voice , Adam is a sophisticated artist and jazz is a sophisticated genre. Reggae can be interesting but not sophisticated. Let's play a game of speculation and say that reggae was sung/played/loved mainly by the poor, neglected field of Jamaican society , maybe that's why Adam chose to sing this version of his revolt anthem in a reggae style .

Anyway, it really doesn't matter, Adam will sing it as long as he finds pleasure in it, till he rediscovers a more interesting, a more exciting genre to be revived.

First of all, Adam does not make anyone in his band tweet what he specifically wants. i dont see how this is Adam's fault in any way... seriously i dont. brian has a mind of his own. hes old enough to take responisibility for his own actions. its not adam's fault.

Second, i think adam's band is amazing. no matter what kind of money he has to spend on this, i dont think he would change his band for the world. it says something that tommy is still there. hes loyal, and adam appreciates his talent. have you seen his fingers gliding along that guitar neck? thats what i call talent. I think its an insult to adam and his band to say that theyre not good enough. its an insult to adam because he spent time and money finding the perfect group of people to back him up in performances. and they are all very talented.

I dont mean to come off as a [insert expletive of choise here] but i think the comment on "his band isnt good enough" and people saying its adam's fault that brian tweeted that, is rude. sorry if i came off meanly. :(

Not sure who's the rude one here. It may help to put yourself in everybody's role to figure that one out. Brian did the right thing and I applaud him for it! Why? I am a fan of Adam's and I respect his business and artistic choices. If I have a problem I can move on to another artist. They did great with their revamped and expanded show and the audience was wild for them. I personally adored the reggae mash-up and I consider it a brilliant artistic choice. It was the first video I watched and I enthusiastically applauded Adam and his music team. I don't think Adam needs self-entitled fans who think they need to give him career advice. I am sure there are a good number of professional people out there who are more suited to give him feedback!

@tara Oh definitely, he has to sing whatever he wants (not what BL wants) and if he’s fine with it so be it but that’s not my “complaint”, what i’m complaining for is the rude response he gave having the responsability of representing Adam.

@bella what? How is that insulting? We can agree or not agree on if they are are not sounding good but that’s not an insult, that’s an opinion.

I didn’t say it’s rude on Adam that Brian tweeted that, don’t twist it please, I said that he is not surrounded by “nice” people and it could be damaging his career and he shouldbe aware ofthat. On the other hand, he did blocked people before for identical tweets as this one and that certainly is Adam’s fault.

@sizzling So if tomorrow Adam does something you don’t like you move on after all the time you said you were going to support him no matter what? Wow!! I would rather hear what people like and don’t like, whether I decide to do it or not but listen.

I seriously realized it’s American fans who are completely possessive and cannot open their eyes about Adam. I have talked with many fans and non fans from all over the world and they all told me that answer was rude and what Adam did was rude too but everytime I talk about it with an American they get angry and think the rude one is the poor girl giving just a respectful opinion.

Seriously, one thing is being a great fan and another one is being obsessive and not to be able to see even when it’s in front of your eyes.

Self entitled fans? More suited to give opinon? What is this? God it sounds so tyranic… Everyone can give their opinion whether the person decides to do it or not is their business but, as long as it is respectful, what’s the problem? God, I’m so sick of pseudo moralists…

And btw, this wasn’t about liking or not liking the reggae version, this was about the rude responses.

@contarino, I am a big fan of Adam's because of his voice, his charming personality, and his magnetism as a performer. Still, from the start of his career I have never approved of every single decision he has made. I like honest discussions about him, but in terms of direct feedback I chose to give him genuine positive feedback instead of putting him and his team down. I figure that Adam will take notes based on the amount of positive feedback he gets. That's my personal approach in order to support him. I would not tell a painter which colors to pick either.

It's not putting anything or anyone down, it's being honest and respectful. Actually you're only encouraging to make more mistakes instead of solving them.

Adam isn't a friend from any of us but what do they say?: A friend will always tell you the turth and not always only what you wanna hear".

This is exactly the same, if a fan only say what he wants to hear you're only damaging him and specially his career which is what we are talking about. :S

Actually my sister is working for a rock band, he came home yesterday and besides telling them all the good things we noticed we also told them the ones that should get special attention and get fixed. Wanna know their reaction? They absolutely thanked us for not licking their ass as everybody else around them and telling them their real flaws so they could work on them.

That is the reaction any person should have, as long as it is made respectfully, of course.

Some of you might disagree with me on this, but in my opinion they both could've been a little more polite with their tweets. She could've just said that she liked the piano version better, & he could've said that he'd keep that in mind & thnx. That's my opinion & I'm sorry if you don't like it.

@contarino ok, now you've made me mad. How then h-e-double hockey stick does being American have ANYTHING to do with it? What? That is not fair and to be honest very rude. It's not right to make assumptions like that. What if I had made an assumption about Adam being a white, American, gay male who likes to sing and perform and act? That's how many people allegedly 'hate' him because they make assumptions that he must hook up with every guy. He's a slut. Hes super feminine. Hes a draf queen on the side. He uses autotune or whatever makes them 'hate' him. That comment is quite hurtful and I ask you not to apply it to a general group of people because you tweeted one person who was like that. And if that comment about "possesiveness" or whatever was meant for me, please know that I was stating an opinion just like you were about his band that you so... kindly... Informed me about.

And how is Brian blocking someone adam's fault? What?

Sorry for "twisting" ur words, I guess I didn't understand completely what you were saying.

I think all i can say now is WHAT??? I didn't understand a word of what you said :P Specially the tweeting part, who did I tweet that is I don't know what?

I think you need to read everything again to see if you understand it now cause it's crystal clear, can't find any other way to explain it better :P

Made you mad? Sorry for that but well, at least now you can understand exactly how I and that girl felt when getting blocked by both of them (that's why I said was Adam's fault, blocking for no reason) ;)

Personally, I thought the tweet to Brian was patronising, at best. Having opinions about a performance or version of a song is one thing - however opinions are not 'truths' and the 'suggestion' that Adam cease with a particular version simply b/c it was not this person's preference came across as condescending and rude and I thought Brian's response was perfectly fine. I can understand why he was irritated and I thought he was making a point.

And please tell me, who said hers was "the truth"? Nobody, it's just as you, me or she said, a suggestion therefore you can take it or leave it but never answer so rudely.

And anyway, isn't a suggestion an opinion? For god's sake. Why can't people accept good criticism?

I'm really so sad to realise how many people lacks of respect in this world... :S

"...no more...reggae version, the piano version is much better". Obviously it's only the twitterer's opinion, but she made it sound like a statement. That's rude. At least she could have said something like "I personally prefer the piano version". That would have been a lot more polite. Still, bravo for Brian to show her he's not interested in her opinion. Why? Because he isn't. Fact is, that people have different opinions on every single rendition of every song anyways. I think it needs to feel good for the artist(s) based on the venue and vibe they get from the audience. When Adam performed "Is This Love" in Australia people all over the world fell in love with it.

It's funny how you think that twitter is a place to write a whole sentence. It's twitter!! U cankt give a full review in a few characters!!

A statement? R u listening to yourself? It's an opinion. Well, maybe that girl is god and I didn't know...

Btw, english isn't her mother tongue so I think you cannot blame her for putting it the way she knew and u know what? BL knows that fans from all over the world contacts him so he does have to be careful with that.

Anyway just quoting a bit of it to make it sound worse, personally, I think is low.

I said "I think" ok? Not a statement, just my opinion. Thought I would say it (even though it shouldn't be necessary) since it sounds like here u cannot say anything that "a few users don't approve".

Even yesterday someone from here recommended me to be careful on how I talk. Why do i have to be careful and not be able to say what i want? Oh yeah, remembered, too much estrogen makes eveyone very sensitive here :P

It's funny how you think that twitter is a place to write a whole sentence. It's twitter!! U cankt give a full review in a few characters!!

A statement? R u listening to yourself? It's an opinion. Well, maybe that girl is god and I didn't know...

Btw, english isn't her mother tongue so I think you cannot blame her for putting it the way she knew and u know what? BL knows that fans from all over the world contacts him so he does have to be careful with that.

Anyway just quoting a bit of it to make it sound worse, personally, I think is low.

I said "I think" ok? Not a statement, just my opinion. Thought I would say it (even though it shouldn't be necessary) since it sounds like here u cannot say anything that "a few users don't approve".

Even yesterday someone from here recommended me to be careful on how I talk. Why do i have to be careful and not be able to say what i want? Oh yeah, remembered, too much estrogen makes eveyone very sensitive here :P

@contarino Nice to see you back posting, even if it is in the vent. Hope you are well. Unfortunately humans are often reactive to feedback they don't like. Brian may have been a bit peeved to read that comment, then you were peeved to read his and so forth. Now people are reacting to reactions on this thread - some of your replies to peoples opinions are kind of ironic, considering the topic ;). You have to look at the funny side of life or you go crazy. Anyway I was just wondering what song did Adam do a reggae version of? ... the only reggae song I have seen Adam do is "Is this Love?". I really need to catch up on what Adam is up to these days.

ETA: Ok, I found it ... OOL in Cape Town ... love it. :)

"I seriously realized it’s American fans who are completely possessive and cannot open their eyes about Adam. I have talked with many fans and non fans from all over the world and they all told me that answer was rude and what Adam did was rude too but everytime I talk about it with an American they get angry and think the rude one is the poor girl giving just a respectful opinion.

Seriously, one thing is being a great fan and another one is being obsessive and not to be able to see even when it’s in front of your eyes.

Self entitled fans? More suited to give opinon? What is this? God it sounds so tyranic… Everyone can give their opinion whether the person decides to do it or not is their business but, as long as it is respectful, what’s the problem? God, I’m so sick of pseudo moralists…"

Is this the passage I misunderstood? I understood this to be a bash on American fans.

@midas, as always, your comments are always one of the few ones worth reading on this forum. Everytime I come back here I remember why did I stop coming in the first place.

Love adam but I guess I would have to find another place to keep supporting him and keep coming here once in a very while.

Good to know I can still find you on twitter and hopefully I'll find u on facebook too. :)

It's funny how in the first place we had our "fight" and now you're one of the few 5 or 6 people that always have something nice to say and understand everyone's point of view. Good for you girl :D