• Announcements

• Flash Mod

Members! PLEASE READ Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines BEFORE POSTING

Before participating in our forum or any other area of AdamOfficial.com please read and acquaint yourself with the following Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines:   http://forum.adamofficial.com/topic/62357-forum-guidelines/   http://www.warnerbrosrecords.com/terms-of-service
    • Flash Mod

***HERE is how to access PRESALE CODES, VIP* and Meet and Greet* opportunities.***   01/30/2017

Before getting down to the business of access to presale codes, etc. please take note:   ***Please be advised that any member publicly posting actual presale codes anywhere on the forum (and possibly elsewhere!) or reportedly through private messages, will be banned from membership here on AO! NO EXCEPTIONS!   Our site here at adamofficial.com (aka AO) is Adam's official record label site, not his official fan club, and is not the place to find presale codes, nor are they provided through the official newsletter.   Presale codes are provided to paid members of Adam's official fan club one to several hours before the presale begins. If you are a paid member you can find the presale code in your dashboard at that site.
      The official fan club, Adam Lambert Fans, can be found here: http://www.adamlambertfans.com
      You must pay a fee to join. I believe the minimum fee is $9.99.
      Any other entity, website, or contact person on Twitter, email, etc. claiming to be representing Adam's official fan club and collecting payments other than directly at the above website is BOGUS, NOT LEGITIMATE!   Any questions you may have concerning any aspect of the fan club, including presale codes, VIP* tickets, Meet and Greet* opportunities, should only be addressed to the fan club moderators, DearBecky and addictedtoadam here on AO in the Adam Lambert Fan Club subforum. Please check to see if your question has already been posted in an existing thread there before posting a new topic. Please do not post questions concerning these subjects anywhere else on the forum. You can find the fan club subforum listed on the main forums page directly under Tour Talk.   The direct link is:
      http://forum.adamofficial.com/forum/30-adam-lambert-fan-club/   Fan club moderators, please correct me on anything I've posted that you find to be unclear or incorrect, through a PM. Thanks.   *Meet and Greet and VIP opportunities may or may not be offered.
Sign in to follow this  
mocha

Fastest way to gain popularity

OMG- totally embarrassing to have posted something here in 2014 (that was the moment I discovered Iheart performance, mindblow, so, I ranted here..  silly silly me..Here let me edit it in 2016 just because no one's gonna read it). :)

In 2014, I wrote something like these in terms of what I wished:

1. Collaborate with a big female star, like appear in a her MV. 
2. EDM
3. A role in movie. (Glee is a good start)
4. Singing with Queen proves he is a tier one performer but it does not do much with popularity.  It helps a lot with international status.
5. Do some modeling
6. Go rock. rocker career last longer than popstars, and the audience age group seem wider. Queen-audience should be diverse like sports event. Imagine 3 generation going to the same concert.
7. A album cover that's adult men friendly. aka. No face on the album. You need focus group of regular guys. lol

Here is why I bothered to write a post:
5 years ago, i was waiting to watch 'Fringe', silly American Idol was on (it went overtime), and 'Mad World' was on screen. I became a fan. (and it was the first time in my life watching Idol/fan girl, it was not cool. lol Obviously that was the only time I watched) I thought he could be a MAJOR global star.
Then, AMA, the silly album cover and came all the haters. (BTW, FYE video was really hot, the tune was way too Britney for my taste.)  I went to his concert in 2010 spring. I saw the performance in 2011 MTV EMA award with Queen and was wondering how wonderful it would be to be there.
Then, some negative news and I waited for 2nd album forever, sigh, the itune snippet did not resonate with me, for some reason I got the wrong impression of him (probably the bad guy in better than I know myself, and I didn't like that song.) I was still addicted to the voice not the songs.. So, i (tried my best) stopped following him because fangirling was not cool.

Anyways, then, I planned to watch Glee just to see him sing (and I don't usually watch that show) This spring, I suddenly discover that QAL touring (forgot somewhere); and found the footage of iheart performance. wow. impressive (honestly EMA vocal might be better). So, I dug deeper and checked out what has he been doing these years. Very interesting.. He seems to be trained by Queen (singing in front of 250k people?! comparing with liveaid?).. and he was following the foot step of Queen by gaining ground in other countries.  He is almost like the story character in Queen's song.  Someone mentioned rockstar movie, now the last episode of glee appearance also called 'rockstar' LOL) Also, the society has changed during these years, how many man on man kiss/made out on screen since then?! how many states have gay marriage now? And he did got some awards for gay rights. The story of Adam is getting interesting, it is dramatic. can he be the champion?

I started looking at footage of queen, killer queen, bicycle thing, AIDS.. oh..i started to get it. These people do 'rock and roll' (* Errata 2016: yup, it took me a long time to get it.) I became a fan again, wish him become successful. AND HE NEEDS GOOD SONGS! please hear the the samples on the radio first before selecting it. A song can sound good in cd but bad on radio. 

Stopping singing about alcohol and drug and sing something universal and positive.. you can have better connection with diverse people. A lot singers on these stuffs but they dont sing about it? lol   * (Errata:This was my comment in 2014; in 2016, I have no idea what connects. lol)
Overall, I found the vocal gymnastics during Idol and with Queen was the BEST (No other singers can do that as Brian May said also). I really like the way he sang 'A Change Gonna Come'.  The song 'Good Feeling' reminded me of that, it has a great tempo, great vocal, plus contemporary hiphop.
If i didn't watch Idol (live performance), judging from the songs or music video post idol, i would not be a fan. I would from Glee might be, (if i even watched Glee).  About Queen, average people who only heard 1 hit 'what do you want from me'; cannot image how he can channel FM. They will have to see AL's Iheart performance to realize how great he can actually sing/perform.

If he had to release a music video in future, he might as well just release concert footage how he interact with the crowd like Freddie did (Herd mentality?).. (it might actually work better) (Look at Lay Me Down video..lol)

Well i wish him best of luck.  (Errata 2016: May the force be with him  ;) )

----

(Me in 2016: I just realized how hilarious all my wishes in 2014 was sort of fulfilled (except I was hoping for KP collab, we got TL and Lucy is sort of a rock song.)  

Maybe GP's perception of Adam improved instead of being popular.  And yes, no kidding, Adam is a superior live performer.)

Wow, okay. Let me just say that I like Adam as he is and however he wants to be. He is always changing up his style, but it's always great as far as I'm concerned. Of course I'd love for him to have more fans, and everyone should be able to see/hear how awesome and talented he is, but he should be himself, not sell out just to be more "mainstream" and "popular." That's probably the one thing that would make me lose respect for him.

Unless he's desperate and/or flat broke, Adam Lambert's not going to sell out in order to make a few bucks/gain more fame. He proved that when he left RCA over them wanting more creative control over his music and an 80's cover album. I say just let him make his choices as a music artist.

Unless he's desperate and/or flat broke, Adam Lambert's not going to sell out in order to make a few bucks/gain more fame. He proved that when he left RCA over them wanting more creative control over his music and an 80's cover album. I say just let him make his choices as a music artist.

I somewhat agree.

I personally feel he needs to start promoting himself again or do a publicity stunt or something. Hardly anyone knows him anymore. It angers me that he isn't as ambitious as he was on Idol. When he got second my dad said he was going to be huge if he took the job with queen or went rock, and now look at him, his fan base is dying. Hardly anyone posts anymore. Only about five years ago most people knew his name, now hardly anybody remembers him.

If this keeps up he might quit making music altogether. He doesn't need the money, the queen tour has probably set him up for life. It makes me sad what's happened :(

Ok. I want to follow up about how I feel since then. (Btw I got hammered by other fans because I said I was no fan of tsp era).

I like basically EVERYTHING from TOH. The original high tour is excellent!!!!! (I really like the little talk during the tour)  The only thing is the lyrics is a little morbid, and i can't really play the entire album in front of people. Grown a** man is little awkward. :)

I mean it is a really good album.. It's the only album I preordered. I love ETIN the most. I love this song immediately and I put it on repeat. unfortunately in today's situation probably not good for radio play. (*hey who knows, heard that new suicide squad song..)
Also i eventually downloaded tsp album(because star child was very personable) I like chokehold the best. And I somehow feel TOH album is the continuation of this song.

I even like CGH a lot.

Not a big fan of WTTS (great idea that it's in musically, see how that caused the spike in spotify)

Hey, major kudos for the work for TOH (from creating songs to the show)

And yes I still believe he can somehow have songs that will connect (instead of saying,'being popular'). (Now go ahead hammer me say he doesn't gaf :P )

Dude is so underrated...It's puzzling..

Hi! I'm not really sure what to say 'cause I can't really disagree with anything because the subject is what it is; "Fastest way to gain popularity". Fast? Sure. Smart? Who knows.

I agree, Adam needs good songs. Good voice isn't enough for a solo artist like for a professional singer in opera/musicals/etc.

About Bruno M not singing about drugs and alcohol - "I got a body full of liquor with a cocaine kicker..." lyrics from his latest album. Sure, he chose "nicer" songs for his first singles, so I kinda get the point that was made, too, but still.

And about people not posting as much here anymore - I think it's just because the change in social media that has happened. There isn't time for people to post on every forums. How many of you were on twitter 2009?Just saying.

I'm sure Adam gaf but it might be that he gaf about something else than our conception of popularity or fame. None of us really knows. But he seems happy.

And true, he probably makes loads of money this year. I say good for him. I don't for one minute fear that he will give up making music. It's his lifeline as far as I've understood. But you just can't compare his time on AI to this moment. There is no way of getting the media attention AI got 7 years ago - unless you start taking off your clothes or acting crazy in other ways.

I personally can't wait for him to get to the studio again, so I'm greedy in that way! :)

Albertaboard.  Exactly. I agree with you.  I guess my idea of popular is more about having good gigs/hit songs.  For me, no news is much better than bad news.  I definitely prefer randomly hear a song from Adam than too much unnecessary gossip attentions.  I wish the artist I like is known for his own work, I am happy with TOH, I did wish TOH/Rumors released as singles.   :)