• Announcements

• Flash Mod

Members! PLEASE READ Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines BEFORE POSTING

Before participating in our forum or any other area of AdamOfficial.com please read and acquaint yourself with the following Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines:   http://forum.adamofficial.com/topic/62357-forum-guidelines/   http://www.warnerbrosrecords.com/terms-of-service
    • Flash Mod

***HERE is how to access PRESALE CODES, VIP* and Meet and Greet* opportunities.***   01/30/2017

Before getting down to the business of access to presale codes, etc. please take note:   ***Please be advised that any member publicly posting actual presale codes anywhere on the forum (and possibly elsewhere!) or reportedly through private messages, will be banned from membership here on AO! NO EXCEPTIONS!   Our site here at adamofficial.com (aka AO) is Adam's official record label site, not his official fan club, and is not the place to find presale codes, nor are they provided through the official newsletter.   Presale codes are provided to paid members of Adam's official fan club one to several hours before the presale begins. If you are a paid member you can find the presale code in your dashboard at that site.
      The official fan club, Adam Lambert Fans, can be found here: http://www.adamlambertfans.com
      You must pay a fee to join. I believe the minimum fee is $9.99.
      Any other entity, website, or contact person on Twitter, email, etc. claiming to be representing Adam's official fan club and collecting payments other than directly at the above website is BOGUS, NOT LEGITIMATE!   Any questions you may have concerning any aspect of the fan club, including presale codes, VIP* tickets, Meet and Greet* opportunities, should only be addressed to the fan club moderators, DearBecky and addictedtoadam here on AO in the Adam Lambert Fan Club subforum. Please check to see if your question has already been posted in an existing thread there before posting a new topic. Please do not post questions concerning these subjects anywhere else on the forum. You can find the fan club subforum listed on the main forums page directly under Tour Talk.   The direct link is:
      http://forum.adamofficial.com/forum/30-adam-lambert-fan-club/   Fan club moderators, please correct me on anything I've posted that you find to be unclear or incorrect, through a PM. Thanks.   *Meet and Greet and VIP opportunities may or may not be offered.
Sign in to follow this  
Weezle

WOULD YOU GO TO A QUEEN CONCERT IF ADAM WERE NOT SINGING ????? I NEED TO VENT

I READ THE FOLLOWING OVER ON A QUEEN SITE FROM A POSTER....DO THEY NOT REALIZE THAT A FEW OF ADAMS FANS MAY FEEL THAT QUEEN'S MUSIC IS NOT EXACTLY WHAT WE WOULD LIKE TO HEAR ADAM SING....YES I SAID IT.....I AM NOT GOING TO BE FORCED TO LIKE SOMETHING ...I AM A HUGE FAN OF ADAMS OWN MUSIC.....TRESPASSING ETC...SO WHEN THE SO CALLED QUEENIES OVER THERE START MOUTHING OFF, THEY NEED TO STOP AND THINK THAT MAYBE AT LEAST ONE GLAMBERT DOESN'T CARE FOR THE COLLAB.......BUT I WILL BITE MY LIP AND BE HAPPY FOR ADAM, I AM GETTING PRETTY SICK OF THE QUEEN FANS THINKING THEY ARE THE BE- ALL END- ALL....GOT NEWS FOR THEM....NOT.............

IT IS SAD THAT THE FAN SITES FOR QUEEN COULD BE FUN, BUT THE BUTT HURT QUEEN FANS MAKE IT SO I WON'T EVEN GO READ ANYTHING OVER THERE ANYMORE....THIS COMMENT BELOW IS A TASTE OF THE NASTINESS COMING FROM THAT CREEPY FANSITE...I WON'T GO BACK

Despite the fact that they are gonna play in Denmark (something that haven't done since the 70's) only 1,5 hours away from me i just can't bring myself to get a ticket. As tempting as it is to see Brian and Roger play i just can't handle the thought of suffering through AL murdering Queen songs for 2 hours

....and before the glamberts attack me with how wonderful and brilliant he is, save your breath cos that's exactly how he sounds to my ears and nothing you say will ever change that so no point in wasting either of our times ;)

Weezle, I NEVER go to QueenOnLine or the fan club page on facebook. Nasty!! There are some Queen sites that are a bit more reasonable though.

I was only a casual fan of Queen until Adam joined them. Watching the fan videos from the Hammersmith shows, my first thought was "how did I miss this for 40 years?" The more I listened and watched though, the more I realized that I just don't like all of the Queen songs. I like a LOT of them, but many are just too 'pop' for me. I'm more of a Zeppelin/Hendrix/GNR sort of gal.

Having said that, though, I think the collaboration with Queen and Adam is the best thing I've ever seen--and I've seen a lot in my 60 years. But I would have to say I'm more of a Brian May fan than a Queen fan. My taste in music runs toward spectacular guitar work, and Brian does that in spades. IMO, Brian and Adam belong together. That guitar--with that voice--*sigh*

The thing about the Queen songs--even those that I don't particularly like--is that they are so well suited to Adam's voice.

So to answer your question: No, I don't think I'd see Queen if Adam weren't singing with them. I can't even imagine Queen anymore without Adam.

I'd go see Brian May though.

Anyway, Weezle, your taste in music is your choice, and yours alone. NO ONE can tell you what you 'should' like. And you should feel free to express that, too.

Probably not. This chapter was concluded for me, when Freddie died. And now is opened the new one thanks to Adam. No one can sing all the Queen songs so perfectly just like Freddie. But Adam sings their songs like Adam, not Freddie. In my opinion, they (Queen and Adam) sound really phenomenally. For me, it is New Queen and I'm really happy for this.

Foxeylady... I thought I would get blasted right out here, but you understand what I am saying...thank you for that. I love that Adam is fronting Queen, but don't care for the so called Queen fans who in my opinion should be happy that Queen is back out there and performing for them to enjoy.... It seems like maybe just a handful of ungrateful fans. I don't expect everyone to like Adam and his voice, and I know if someone sings Adams songs, I generally will comment that no one can sing it like Adam....so I get what the Queenies are sayin, But they have to realize that there are a few of us Glamberts only go to hear Adam. I feel better now that I vented and thank everyone who helped me vent.....very grateful.....hope I don't offend anyone.

You're welcome Weezle :)

I can't post the link here, but if you want to find a Queen fan page, there is a fb page for QAL fans united. Closed group, NO bashing allowed, and the mods are quick to ban anyone who does. 1200 members, lots of Glamberts, lots of friendly Queenies.

FlashMod, if I've overstepped by describing the group, I understand if you take it down.

Thank you Foxeylady....This is the only fansite I post on....but I do like to read about Adam and Queen, so if you are able to guide me to that site....I would probably enjoy it - knowing they keep it under control.....

Weezle, I can't post a link here, but I think I can give you the name. It's a facebook page called QAL Fans United. If you put that in the fb search bar, it should come up. You have to ask to be a member, as it's a closed group. Feel free to use my name (Janet Fox) if they happen to ask if you have friends on the site (I'm not sure how all that works). They are also on twitter, by the same name I think.

It was started by 2 ladies who were sick of all the nastiness on the other Queen sites. I've been a member there from early on.

All fans have a right to their opinion. However, it wouldn't matter if I wanted to go to a Queen, Adam Lambert, or a Queen + Adam concert because I can't afford to. All fandoms think that their artists sound great with or without other artists, some fans can be too extreme and hard to deal with. I say just ignore them and enjoy Adam's music.

All fans have a right to their opinion. However, it wouldn't matter if I wanted to go to a Queen, Adam Lambert, or a Queen + Adam concert because I can't afford to. All fandoms think that their artists sound great with or without other artists, some fans can be too extreme and hard to deal with. I say just ignore them and enjoy Adam's music.

hey Foxey....I am about 2 hours west of you....North Port/Sarasota area, on the Gulf of Mexico.....I actually lived in Bradenton for 32 years, that is where Sam Woolf lives......small world....

Hi weezle

They was a particular fb member was always posting vicious,insulting posts re Adam as he believes Freddie is the one and if not he would rather have either of the other 2 guys fronting instead .

He would put photos of adam with vicious slurs across them.

I on a number of occasions had heated discussion with him about this and was just greeted with abuse myself

told him if he didn't like adam why was he wasting his time coming on his fb page

eventually we had a discussion that started with him being abusive and eventually he agreed to stop the vicious slurs/insults/remarks.

I told him that everyone is allowed their opinion including him but if he were just to voice it in a respectful manner minus the insults others would respect his opinion also

it is not acceptable for people to behave in this manner towards anyone including a public figure. it is the sign of the times im afraid with internet trolls, they say things they would never say to his face

I personally would not go if Adam was not singing.  That's not because I don't like Queen's music, I do.  It's because those songs are SO HARD to sing.  I heard some famous guest vocalist trying to do it once and I thought it was awful.  I KNOW Adam is capable of singing them and that would be a reason to go, I wouldn't chance it with someone else.  Freddie Mercury is an interesting case.  I'm a bit older so know what it was like before he died.  After Freddie died, his popularity zoomed into the stratosphere.  Before he died, Freddie was popular, but nothing like he is now.  I remember "Radio Gaga" and "The Show must go on" not doing much on the charts (though I liked them)  So it's a bit weird for me to see all this reverence for him.  Before he died, I didn't see that much of it, although "Bohemian Rhapsody" "We are the Champions" and some songs were considered classics.  I think before he died, his campiness and gayness unfairly hurt him somewhat, dilluting a bit of his popularity.  When he died, all that changed.  Of course, the same happened to Michael Jackson, he had become somewhat of a joke in the years before he died.  That changed overnight when he passed away.  It's an interesting thing when that happens, it's a shame it sometimes takes for someone to die to realize how great they were before.  I find it a bit hypocritical but it does tend to happen.

My feelings about Queen seem kind of ironic even to myself. When they were popular I did not like them. Freddy did not resonate with me at all. I thought the music was too theatrical. (There is the irony….love Adam's theatrics now.) When I was in high school I was a southern girl and The Allman Brothers were my favorite band. Getting stoned to Memories of Elizabeth Reed, Sweet Melissa,Midnight Rider and the like was bliss to me.

I did go see Adam with Queen last year and I loved the show….because of Adam and his particular take on the songs. No I wouldn't go to a Queen show if Adam was not singing with them.

I love the songs from Day at the Races in particular. Of course I think Adam is a very good choice to sing with Queen and I think he's their forever choice now, but I think I'd be willing to go to a Queen + concert if Tom Chaplin (of Keane) were to front Queen. I think his take on "It's a Hard Life" with Queen from a few years ago is very good and I like songs by Keane and I also like their cover of Elton John's "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road." 

If I had a chance then why not! I always liked Queen and their songs,this is an  iconic band,which everyone in the world should know!