• Announcements

• Flash Mod

Members! PLEASE READ Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines BEFORE POSTING

Before participating in our forum or any other area of AdamOfficial.com please read and acquaint yourself with the following Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines:   http://forum.adamofficial.com/topic/62357-forum-guidelines/   http://www.warnerbrosrecords.com/terms-of-service
    • Flash Mod

***HERE is how to access PRESALE CODES, VIP* and Meet and Greet* opportunities.***   01/30/2017

Before getting down to the business of access to presale codes, etc. please take note:   ***Please be advised that any member publicly posting actual presale codes anywhere on the forum (and possibly elsewhere!) or reportedly through private messages, will be banned from membership here on AO! NO EXCEPTIONS!   Our site here at adamofficial.com (aka AO) is Adam's official record label site, not his official fan club, and is not the place to find presale codes, nor are they provided through the official newsletter.   Presale codes are provided to paid members of Adam's official fan club one to several hours before the presale begins. If you are a paid member you can find the presale code in your dashboard at that site.
      The official fan club, Adam Lambert Fans, can be found here: http://www.adamlambertfans.com
      You must pay a fee to join. I believe the minimum fee is $9.99.
      Any other entity, website, or contact person on Twitter, email, etc. claiming to be representing Adam's official fan club and collecting payments other than directly at the above website is BOGUS, NOT LEGITIMATE!   Any questions you may have concerning any aspect of the fan club, including presale codes, VIP* tickets, Meet and Greet* opportunities, should only be addressed to the fan club moderators, DearBecky and addictedtoadam here on AO in the Adam Lambert Fan Club subforum. Please check to see if your question has already been posted in an existing thread there before posting a new topic. Please do not post questions concerning these subjects anywhere else on the forum. You can find the fan club subforum listed on the main forums page directly under Tour Talk.   The direct link is:
      http://forum.adamofficial.com/forum/30-adam-lambert-fan-club/   Fan club moderators, please correct me on anything I've posted that you find to be unclear or incorrect, through a PM. Thanks.   *Meet and Greet and VIP opportunities may or may not be offered.
albertabroad

Speculations, guesses and unofficial information about Adam's new music. SPOILER ALERT!

Well, I guess I want what's best for Adam with his UK promo. I know RB is very wacky. There seem to be plenty of TV shows, etc., in the UK that would give Adam some TV to promote his new music. If no Russell, so be it. Actually, he's better in small doses.

Hi disaffected--welcome to AO!!

I did see that Russell Brand interview with the Westboro people, and loved it! Beyond that, I really don't know enough about him to comment one way or the other.

Shoshanna has confirmed that Adam won't perform on "Britain's Got Talent".

Shoshanna has confirmed that Adam will be appearing on Uk TV shows in June. https://twitter.com/14gelly/status/597125708629041153/photo/1

More than one too! https://twitter.com/14gelly/status/597159347274285056/photo/1

Hello to everybody :)

I don't like speculations, guesses and unofficial informations, just a stupid fabrications. I never really didn't pay attention. I was raised that these things are handled and care about them, people who have no work to do and have both internally and externally poor life. It's just my opinion that education and certain beliefs and experiences. Definitely I don't want to humiliate anyone. Peace :wub:

We're not spreading rumors here justMax, we are merely having fun talking about possibilities.  Everything is clearly identified as mere speculation, not truth.  It can be fun to discuss what COULD be :)  By the way, we do this quite often.

However, no one will think less of you if you prefer not to participate.  That is absolutely your choice.

Peace Max  :wub:

Okay, I dug up this old thread 'cause I don't know if it's the right time to start a thread for "New Queen music" yet. But here's what I found:

http://www.digitalspy.com/music/news/a796850/adam-lambert-is-open-to-the-idea-of-recording-a-new-queen-track/

I've noticed that in TWO recent interviews Brian, while talking about the joys of performing again, said something about being able to "create".

Maybe they've been asked about recording soooo many times, the thought is beginning to take root :)

I've noticed that in TWO recent interviews Brian, while talking about the joys of performing again, said something about being able to "create".

Maybe they've been asked about recording soooo many times, the thought is beginning to take root :)

I think that Brian would love to write for Adam, and it is possible that they could go into the studio. Brian likes to write music for a specific voice, and Adam's voice would definitely stir Brian's creativity if they decide to follow through on this.

ETA This is at least an interesting read: http://www.digitalspy.com/music/news/a796850/adam-lambert-is-open-to-the-idea-of-recording-a-new-queen-track/

Hi Alberta

Adam is so humble; I think the only reason they would record new material without Adam is if he lost his voice. haha

x

Hi Karen! :) Haha! I think you're right! :D

Hello to everybody :)

I don't like speculations, guesses and unofficial informations, just a stupid fabrications. I never really didn't pay attention. I was raised that these things are handled and care about them, people who have no work to do and have both internally and externally poor life. It's just my opinion that education and certain beliefs and experiences. Definitely I don't want to humiliate anyone. Peace :wub:

Hello Max!  :)  I agree with you that rumours can often hurt people and should not be spread around as truths. That is why this thread is specifically pointed out as rumours & unofficial information so that everyone visiting here will know that anything written here has not been verified. It is also meant to be about Adam's music! Not about his personal life or things that could hurt his feelings.

I always get very excited when Adam is creating new music so I started this thread when we were very keenly waiting for any little piece of information about his then upcoming new album (The Original High album). I don't mind if you choose not to post in here. ^_^ See you on other threads!  :) 

Oh, I hope so, Foxey! :)

I think that Brian would love to write for Adam, and it is possible that they could go into the studio. Brian likes to write music for a specific voice, and Adam's voice would definitely stir Brian's creativity if they decide to follow through on this. ...

It would be SO interesting to wittness both the process and the results!!!

I haven't really looked into Queen songs enough to know which songs were written (only) by Brian. Obviously their songs were written for Freddie as well as for their unique combination of 3-4 voices, but as far as I've understood it is almost impossible to know who actually wrote what since they had a certain way of crediting the writing. But it would be really interesting to dug deeper into Brian's brains of music writing. :)

Alberta, you can research the genesis of any Queen song on their website, under the discography tab.  Although most of their songs were collaborations, with everybody contributing their bits, it is quite possible to identify the primary writer of each.

I haven't done an actual count, but almost half of the songs that QAL have performed on tour were written by Brian, a few more were Roger's songs, and at least two of them (IWTBF and AOBTD) are Deaky songs.

So, for all those diehards who say that QAL should not be performing "Freddie's music", I say  :P  :P  :P  :lol:

Right now, I'm on the fence about the possibility of creating new music by the guys. 

There's a part of me that would be thrilled if the rumors turned out to be true. I mean, these are people who created many great songs that continue to be amazing and popular despite the passage of time and there aren't many right now that can do what they did. And they are working with a guy who can probably sing anything and everything they throw at him. In addiction, Brian and Roger deserve to be happy and fulfilled and to be able to do what their hearts dictate - they were right about the collaboration with Adam being the right thing to do at the time, so if they wanted to record some new music, I would be persuaded to give it a try.

But there's also the other side of this and I wholeheartedly agree with what Adam said: "To me, Queen is... that's why we're billed as Queen plus Adam Lambert. I'm their guest who's filling in by singing these songs and having a great time doing it. But it's not necessarily Queen." I'm not completely sure I would be okay with them creating new music under the Queen name. Right now we have half of the original Queen (with, if I'm not wrong, Deacon being included in creative decisions, but not taking the part in it) and an outsider with a very companionate relationship with Brian and Roger. And as much as they come across as a real band, they are two different subjtects. So who's the new music would be? Especially in the case of finishing some old material that they have, that could potentialy become a problem. 

I really don't know what to think. 

Got no likes left Moovie and foxey but this is exactly what I have said. The act is Queen + Adam Lambert why would they be recording music under any other name.

I cant see any issue whatsoever.

x

So, for all those diehards who say that QAL should not be performing "Freddie's music", I say  :P  :P  :P  :lol:

Hahahahha, I have never looked specificaly who wrote which song, to be honest  :lol:

But I also have never said QAL should not be performing, soooo... 

I agree, Fem, that it would be somewhat disingenuous to record new music as Queen, but they could record as Queen + Adam Lambert.

Just like "The Cosmos Rocks" was recorded as Queen + Paul Rogers.

Got no likes left Moovie and foxey but this is exactly what I have said. The act is Queen + Adam Lambert why would they be recording music under any other name.

I cant see any issue whatsoever.

x

Maybe it's just me and my little die-hard Queen fan misbehaving, but especially in the case of finishing some old songs, I would feel... weird about it. 

And I had even more issues with 'The Cosmos Rocks', so it's not like my concerns are about Adam. It may be connected to the way I'm seeing the 'Queen+' initative, where I make a very clear distinction between Brian and Roger, as the Queen, and a vocalist (Adam or Paul, doesn't matter). I just see Queen and their guest, who's helping them play the music they love, the music people love and want to hear live again. But I don't see this cooperations as something that should create something new together. It's possible I just need some time (and maybe a little bit of alcohol) to accept the fact that Queen+Adam Lambert is an unexampled kind of band, something solid and permanent. 

I hope I didn't offend anyone with my previous post, it wasn't my intention! 

Fem, I didn't mean you when I referenced Queen fans who say that Bri and Roger shouldn't be performing "Freddie's music"--I know you never said that.  I think, from your post, that you know I didn't mean you, but I just want to be sure.

As for "The Cosmos Rocks", I don't think you are alone in having a problem with it.  From what I've heard/read, it bombed.  I've never listened to it myself.  Seeing live videos of Q + PR was enough for me!!

I know you didn't mean me, of course :) Sorry for the confusion! But it was quite interesting what you wrote about who wrote which song and I started to wonder if that's affecting the setlist for QAL.

Plenty of people had (or still have) a problem with "The Cosmos Rocks". Fans didn't like it, music critics didn't like it... I have always wished every Queen's project all the success in the world, but this record wasn't a good move. 

Hahahahha, I have never looked specificaly who wrote which song, to be honest  :lol:

But I also have never said QAL should not be performing, soooo... 

Maybe it's just me and my little die-hard Queen fan misbehaving, but especially in the case of finishing some old songs, I would feel... weird about it. 

And I had even more issues with 'The Cosmos Rocks', so it's not like my concerns are about Adam. It may be connected to the way I'm seeing the 'Queen+' initative, where I make a very clear distinction between Brian and Roger, as the Queen, and a vocalist (Adam or Paul, doesn't matter). I just see Queen and their guest, who's helping them play the music they love, the music people love and want to hear live again. But I don't see this cooperations as something that should create something new together. It's possible I just need some time (and maybe a little bit of alcohol) to accept the fact that Queen+Adam Lambert is an unexampled kind of band, something solid and permanent. 

I hope I didn't offend anyone with my previous post, it wasn't my intention! 

Hahaha Dont be daft why would you offend!! :)

About the ' The Cosmos Rocks' situation. I have never even heard of it and considering the only 2 times Ive watched Paul Rogers singing with Queen it has made me laugh

well then.........

For me I think of the 3 acts like this.

There is Adam Lambert an amazing solo artist with the most outstanding voice and stage presence. There is Queen one of the biggest and best rock bands in the world with such an amazing catalogue of music.

Then we have Queen + Adam Lambert the most fitting,amazing and superb blend of two into one. The latter is an entity in itself ( imo).

I also feel that if there is 'lost', or unfinished music that Roger, Freddie, Brian and John wrote then it would be a travesty for the people not to hear it. For it to be left on a shelf is unthinkable. 

Because they are  Queen + Adam Lambert, they are never going to have anyone but Adam sing their music so they need his voice.

If Brian,Roger and John are happy and feel that Adam would be a good addition to the creative process of making/finishing/performing new music then what else needs to be said

x

But it was quite interesting what you wrote about who wrote which song and I started to wonder if that's affecting the setlist for QAL.

Could be.  I've seen a couple of reviews (not lately though) that did imply that.  One reviewer said it seemed as though Brian had picked the set list.  A lot of people don't realize that Brian was nearly as prolific as Freddie, and Roger wrote a lot of their songs too.  Deaky only wrote a handful (4, I think), but they were all hits.

Then we have Queen + Adam Lambert the most fitting,amazing and superb blend of two into one. The latter is an entity in itself ( imo).

YES!!  I've said it too.  They are a REAL band now, not just a band with a guest singer.

Could be.  I've seen a couple of reviews (not lately though) that did imply that.  One reviewer said it seemed as though Brian had picked the set list.  A lot of people don't realize that Brian was nearly as prolific as Freddie, and Roger wrote a lot of their songs too.  Deaky only wrote a handful (4, I think), but they were all hits.

I think that Brian, Roger and Adam have every right to pick the songs they are most comfortable with. I just wished they would try some more rock stuff, but I understand that even Adam has his limitations :D And getting back to the subject, I knew that they were all included in the writing process, but I could never remember who wrote what. 

Hahaha Dont be daft why would you offend!! :)

About the ' The Cosmos Rocks' situation. I have never even heard of it and considering the only 2 times Ive watched Paul Rogers singing with Queen it has made me laugh

well then.........

For me I think of the 3 acts like this.

There is Adam Lambert an amazing solo artist with the most outstanding voice and stage presence. There is Queen one of the biggest and best rock bands in the world with such an amazing catalogue of music.

I also feel that if there is 'lost', or unfinished music that Roger, Freddie, Brian and John wrote then it would be a travesty for the people not to hear it. For it to be left on a shelf is unthinkable. 

Because they are  Queen + Adam Lambert, they are never going to have anyone but Adam sing their music so they need his voice.

If Brian,Roger and John are happy and feel that Adam would be a good addition to the creative process of making/finishing/performing new music then what else needs to be said

x

The only one time I watched QPR made me cry and not in a good way :D 

I have troubles with accepting the third act, but I'm trying here! 

They stated few times that there is indeed quite a lot of unfinished music, or finished music that Freddie didn't get to record before he died, that's just a case of going through some old stuff they have. And as much as I would love to hear it, there's something about Queen music (since it was written by members of Queen) that was never done with Freddie making me sad. 

I'm walking on thin ice here, but even in recent interviews they didn't said that they're a permanent band. There's always this kind of going back and forth with "as long as Adam will find time for us" and "as long as they will want me". I know Brian and Roger don't consider another collaboration with someone else (and why should they?), but my comments about QAL being permanent are only my hopeful wishes :D I doubt we will ever get something like this in a official statement, though. 

The only one time I watched QPR made me cry and not in a good way :D

Sorry; I loved your post Fem but just had to pick this out as it hit me in the face immediately.

QPR- we have a football team known simply as QPR (Queens Park Rangers) LOL!!!

I have no interest in football whatsoever but probably more so then Paul Rogers singing Queen :lol:  :lol:

x