• Announcements

• Flash Mod

Members! PLEASE READ Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines BEFORE POSTING

Before participating in our forum or any other area of AdamOfficial.com please read and acquaint yourself with the following Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines:   http://forum.adamofficial.com/topic/62357-forum-guidelines/   http://www.warnerbrosrecords.com/terms-of-service
    • Flash Mod

***HERE is how to access PRESALE CODES, VIP* and Meet and Greet* opportunities.***   01/30/2017

Before getting down to the business of access to presale codes, etc. please take note:   ***Please be advised that any member publicly posting actual presale codes anywhere on the forum (and possibly elsewhere!) or reportedly through private messages, will be banned from membership here on AO! NO EXCEPTIONS!   Our site here at adamofficial.com (aka AO) is Adam's official record label site, not his official fan club, and is not the place to find presale codes, nor are they provided through the official newsletter.   Presale codes are provided to paid members of Adam's official fan club one to several hours before the presale begins. If you are a paid member you can find the presale code in your dashboard at that site.
      The official fan club, Adam Lambert Fans, can be found here: http://www.adamlambertfans.com
      You must pay a fee to join. I believe the minimum fee is $9.99.
      Any other entity, website, or contact person on Twitter, email, etc. claiming to be representing Adam's official fan club and collecting payments other than directly at the above website is BOGUS, NOT LEGITIMATE!   Any questions you may have concerning any aspect of the fan club, including presale codes, VIP* tickets, Meet and Greet* opportunities, should only be addressed to the fan club moderators, DearBecky and addictedtoadam here on AO in the Adam Lambert Fan Club subforum. Please check to see if your question has already been posted in an existing thread there before posting a new topic. Please do not post questions concerning these subjects anywhere else on the forum. You can find the fan club subforum listed on the main forums page directly under Tour Talk.   The direct link is:
      http://forum.adamofficial.com/forum/30-adam-lambert-fan-club/   Fan club moderators, please correct me on anything I've posted that you find to be unclear or incorrect, through a PM. Thanks.   *Meet and Greet and VIP opportunities may or may not be offered.
ShadowWhysper

Open Letter to Adam

So, I wrote an open letter to Adam this weekend... I wasn't sure if this forum would be accessible by the public and I didn't want to flood the creative corner with all the poems that were included, so I posted it here instead: An Open Letter to Adam Lambert

Adam has been on my mind a lot lately and I've felt rather reflective, as you may have noticed by my recent posts. I have no idea if Adam will see this letter, but I just wanted to put it out there. It shouldn't come as a surprise to any of you that I feel very inspired by Adam, (I would hope my poetry would speak for itself), and I know most, if not all, of his fans would say the same. I'm a poet, and yet, I still find it difficult to put into words just what Adam means to me. This letter is my reflection on my journey through Adam's career since Idol and how I feel Adam has affected the world around him.

I will post a copy of the letter below, for those of you who may wish to read it without having to go elsewhere. (Hopefully, the links will cooperate...).  :-)

--------

An Open Letter to Adam Lambert

Apparently, open letters are often critical and political in nature… Two things which I am not, (unless I’m judging myself of course…). So perhaps the title should be “A Backwards Open Letter…” but I will leave it as is and let you judge for yourselves.

ETA: Sorry folks, apparently, none of the links are working and I cannot figure out why... All the poems are posted as separate blogs on this site and they are all viewable as far as I can tell. With luck, thoughts.com will sort it out soon. ETA Sept 6th: ** I think all the links are working now, unfortunately, they won't open in a new window when you click them, but at least they will take you to the proper post...

Dear Adam,

From the first time I saw you audition on Idol with your awesome rendition of Queen’s ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ I knew you were special. I looked forward to watching your performance every week and your interpretation of ‘Ring of Fire’ by Johnny Cash gave me chills. In fact, by the end of the Idol season, I had developed a “Fatal Fixation” and wondered how I would adjust to not being able to enjoy your magic every week.

I joined my first ever fan club, (yours of course!), hoping that it would help ease the transition from weekly exposure to more sporadic events. I then found myself riding the waves of controversy from the ‘Take One’ album and Hi Fi (“Remember Why We’re Here…”) to troubles on the Idol tour with the Westboro Baptist Church (“Homophobic Hypocrites”). Then came your performance on the American Music Awards (“Shock Wave”) and the aftermath (“Do You Know Your ABCs?”). Continuing with overzealous fans (“A Steady Flow”), who I believe had your music banned from Open House Party (at least for a time).

Finally, with your debut album, 'For Your Entertainment', out and about, came the anticipation of your first concert tour (“Runaway Horses”). Unfortunately, it also brought with it some unrealistic expectations as millions of fans wanted to meet you in person (“In His Shoes”). I was fortunate enough to see you in concert at ‘Wham Bam 2010’ and I must say, it was quite the ride!

Afterwards, things settled down and the fixation began to fade. ‘Trespassing’ came out with less fanfare and no Canadian tour for me to share. Your world tour with Queen, I could have seen, (“Adam Sings for Freddie”). I know you were amazing, but I passed it by, in favour of seeing you perform your own music. Now that ‘The Original High’ is out, of which I “Can’t Get Enough”, the hope to see you in concert is there again.

However, something else has occurred as well. This album, being so different from the previous ones, has caused me to reflect on your journey so far. You have grown so much over the years and yet managed to stay true to yourself. Some fans may miss the flamboyant flare of your first album and tour, but I, for one, am very happy to see this new side of you. ("Missing Piece of Me...")

You may not have set out to change the world, but your courage to come out after Idol and the way you handled the controversy throughout your journey so far, has inspired the “Age of Acceptance”. People have less fear to admit their sexuality and eventually I hope that fear will completely disappear. I know it may not happen in this lifetime, but future generations may be free to fully express themselves without feeling fear or shame at being ‘different’. You have created a "Common Thread" between us all.

You have inspired millions of people worldwide to be true to themselves, face their fears and take chances they never would have before. (And all with a smile and no need for speeches!) Your light shines far and wide and brightens all it touches (“Always a Winner to Me”).

Thank you for making the world a better place, just by being you.

Forever your fan,

Shadow Whysper

No problem.   :)  Thought it was a bit of a grey zone as I was talking about/to Adam, but with all the poems, I wasn't sure...

You have summed it up beautifully Shadow ... it is the WAY Adam carries himself and simply IS that makes his message so powerful 56_EmoticonsHDcom.png