• Announcements

• Flash Mod

Members! PLEASE READ Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines BEFORE POSTING

Before participating in our forum or any other area of AdamOfficial.com please read and acquaint yourself with the following Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines:   http://forum.adamofficial.com/topic/62357-forum-guidelines/   http://www.warnerbrosrecords.com/terms-of-service
    • Flash Mod

***HERE is how to access PRESALE CODES, VIP* and Meet and Greet* opportunities.***   01/30/2017

Before getting down to the business of access to presale codes, etc. please take note:   ***Please be advised that any member publicly posting actual presale codes anywhere on the forum (and possibly elsewhere!) or reportedly through private messages, will be banned from membership here on AO! NO EXCEPTIONS!   Our site here at adamofficial.com (aka AO) is Adam's official record label site, not his official fan club, and is not the place to find presale codes, nor are they provided through the official newsletter.   Presale codes are provided to paid members of Adam's official fan club one to several hours before the presale begins. If you are a paid member you can find the presale code in your dashboard at that site.
      The official fan club, Adam Lambert Fans, can be found here: http://www.adamlambertfans.com
      You must pay a fee to join. I believe the minimum fee is $9.99.
      Any other entity, website, or contact person on Twitter, email, etc. claiming to be representing Adam's official fan club and collecting payments other than directly at the above website is BOGUS, NOT LEGITIMATE!   Any questions you may have concerning any aspect of the fan club, including presale codes, VIP* tickets, Meet and Greet* opportunities, should only be addressed to the fan club moderators, DearBecky and addictedtoadam here on AO in the Adam Lambert Fan Club subforum. Please check to see if your question has already been posted in an existing thread there before posting a new topic. Please do not post questions concerning these subjects anywhere else on the forum. You can find the fan club subforum listed on the main forums page directly under Tour Talk.   The direct link is:
      http://forum.adamofficial.com/forum/30-adam-lambert-fan-club/   Fan club moderators, please correct me on anything I've posted that you find to be unclear or incorrect, through a PM. Thanks.   *Meet and Greet and VIP opportunities may or may not be offered.
ShadowWhysper

What have we become?

I recently posted a topic about Adam coming to Canada, hoping to have some discussion/interaction with other Canadian fans. It is disheartening to see that it received only 2 comments, even though it has over 100 views. Granted, perhaps the majority of those who viewed it were not Canadian and, therefore, did not have much to say on the matter… However, I would say several of the topics here have similar results. The Instagram and tweet topics do well, as do the videos of Adam, of course. I’m glad to see the vote/support thread is also doing well. (Perhaps it could be pinned so it remains easy to find?)

Anyway, what I’m saying here is that the energy on the forum (as well as the Fan Club) is so muted compared to what it used to be, and that saddens me. I know Adam took a break and the majority of the fans basically took that break as well, not spending much time on either the forum or the fan club site. That is totally understandable, as very little was happening until Adam went on tour with Queen. However, I was hoping the release of The Original High would bring more fans back to AO as well as the fan club.

People have come back, and it does seem to be improving somewhat, (now that more tour dates are being announced), but the energy is not what it was, perhaps it never will be. Adam is not “new” now and the initial excitement about discovering such an amazing talent is no longer there. And yet, I hope we can get back the feeling of community that once existed here.

Skin and Bone

There used to be a time when this site was alive

Humming with activity from fans worldwide

Now it sits deserted, a ghost town of its own

What once was thriving is now skin and bone

Postings may be read but seldom a reply

Do fans no longer wish to talk about this guy?

Maybe it’s me, stuck living in the past

Perhaps sites like this are not meant to last

Now there’s twitter, Instagram and snapchat, to name a few

Perhaps instant communication is all the fans wish to do

No longer do they wish to have a conversation

Maybe that is now an unrealistic expectation

I hope the lack of response is not a sign of apathy

Adam fans that do not care would truly sadden me

©2015 Shadow Whysper

Hey Shadow, don't be sad.  I love your poem.  I'm absolutely positive we have not deserted Adam.  I come here every day and vote and read everything.  The reason I don't make a lot of comments is because once I have read a blog, most opinions have been voiced and I have nothing new to say.  No point in repeating everyone else's  comments.  As for Adam coming to Canada, I seem to remember him being in Montreal and Quebec several times (don't know the dates).  And, didn't the QAL Tour go to Canada?  I think when the EU/UK part of the TOH Tour is completed, and Adam sets up the USA TOH Tour, he'll be jumping across the border to visit you folks.  Adam knows he has lots of Canadian fans, and I'm sure he'll want to meet and greet  you.  

Thanks for your comment annielane. It's not that I think fans have deserted Adam, it's more that they seem to keep more to themselves now and not engage as much with other fans. I find the sense of community lacking. I suppose it is more a reflection of the times than anything... Sites like twitter, instagram, snapchat, etc are much more popular - quick messages to the masses and no actual conversation or interaction, aside from likes or short comments.

Adam did come to Canada with Queen, and I'm sure he put on a great show. However, I would like to see him perform his own music, and preferably, not as another artist's opening act. Yet, if that's the only way they can make it happen, then I will take what I can get...

Thanks for your comment annielane. It's not that I think fans have deserted Adam, it's more that they seem to keep more to themselves now and not engage as much with other fans. I find the sense of community lacking. I suppose it is more a reflection of the times than anything... Sites like twitter, instagram, snapchat, etc are much more popular - quick messages to the masses and no actual conversation or interaction, aside from likes or short comments.

Adam did come to Canada with Queen, and I'm sure he put on a great show. However, I would like to see him perform his own music, and preferably, not as another artist's opening act. Yet, if that's the only way they can make it happen, then I will take what I can get...

42_EmoticonsHDcom.png  I have been on other Forums and I find this one very good and full of interaction.   IF I am not busy I comment a lot, if I AM busy I skim read things and only comment occasionally.   I don't understand the comment about Adam only coming to Canada as someone's opening act 72_EmoticonsHDcom.png   His world tour for TOH is Adam as the main act, and of course with Queen he was fully part of the show.   Do you mean the Demi Lovato rumours 72_EmoticonsHDcom.png   IF it was ever true ... definitely not happening

Thank you Lamburger, for your insight. I have not been on any other artist's forum and did not know how they would compare to this one. I was only reflecting on how things were when this forum first started compared to what it is now. It is good to know that in relation to other forums, this one is doing well. :-)

Adam first came to Toronto (Canada) as part of the Wham Bam 2010 concert event put on by Kiss 92.5, where they wisely put him as the closing act. Yes, I agree he was fully involved in the Queen concert tour, when they were here in 2014. However, you have seen my other topic about Adam coming to Canada - it was merely a reference to that original topic. I thank you for your reply there as well and I hope you are right in your assessment.

It will never be like it was 6 years ago unfortunately. I remember there being at least 600 people on at every hour of the day. Topics were posted and 2 minutes later buried 5 pages back because new topics were posted. it was unreal and exciting! It was also so much drama. Fights and arguments erupted daily. It is much calmer here now. I have been here since day one but left for a few years and came back recently. This used to be my favorite place. I would literally spend like 5 hours a day here. It was crazy to think about it now!! Those were fun times though. The fans are still there just on different venues like twitter, as you said.

Cusegirl, I also remember some epic clashes!!  And waaaaay back, in the earliest days before we were moderated, it was like the wild west in here!!

So much happier and positive now   :D

Cusegirl, I also remember some epic clashes!!  And waaaaay back, in the earliest days before we were moderated, it was like the wild west in here!!

So much happier and positive now   :D

I shamefully admit to being part of one of those or more :P epic discussions/arguments. They are so easy to get caught up in and I let my emotions get the best of me! lol..I can laugh about it now.

I also remember the drama... I too am glad that we have moved beyond that now (though it was good inspiration for poetry). However, I also remember the excitement, and I wish that hadn't faded quite so much. Perhaps once his TOH tour truly gets underway, the fans will also remember 'the original high' they felt when Adam's career began.

Then again, maybe Instagram and Twitter is the way to go, as the fans seem more likely to express themselves there than here... Time seems short these days, and perhaps many are too busy to take the time to post in the forum.

02_EmoticonsHDcom.pngFans will use new technologies as they come along so whereas all might have been mainly focused on the Forum at the start there are now those other avenues to share etc.   However, for me at least having this to-oing and fro-ing is much more communal and the history of topics and posts being all in the one place is more accessible for new fans (well it was for me anyways)

I wished I had been here at the start, but then in other ways I have found the timing of my Glambert obsession very helpful in my real life, so things worked out OK in that way.

I prefer this type of setting as well, it's much easier to keep up with. Posts to twitter and Instagram can change so quickly sometimes... Not necessarily by Adam, but the fan response is difficult to keep up with and/or participate in (more so for twitter). At least on Instagram, the comments for a post are all found in one spot and don't need to be searched out...

I guess I'm just resistant to change, and while I don't want to live in the past, I also don't want to lose the sense of community that exists in a forum setting. Adam is our common thread and I would like that connection to remain strong. Adam fans are unique, they have a lot of positive energy, and a lot of passion, when it comes to Adam. (Perhaps a bit too much at times...)

I'm glad you found Adam when you needed him, Lamburger. I'm sure you could find some old gems online to experience some of the past, free of all the controversy and drama that existed then. He put on quite the show for his Glam Nation tour...

Hi ShadowWhysper!

... I suppose it is more a reflection of the times than anything... Sites like twitter, instagram, snapchat, etc are much more popular...

I think you are right here. The same change is affecting radio play, chart success, overall popularity etc. I'm happy that Adam is keeping himself up to date, too.

And, please, notice that the "views" on every thread include views from guests who are not able/willing to comment on anything. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this.)

Edited by albertabroad

Ah, the joys of shifting technology and social "norms"... Instagram, here I come...  *shakes head* :)

same here, I keep telling myself that it is about time I get myself a Twitter and Instagram account but I keep putting it off. Although the wonderful people who admin some of the Facebook fan pages are VERY speedy on providing updated news :) That was my only way to know things until I joined here a few days ago. Now I have another place to obsess over Adam!! 

Why soo sad!??!  :mellow:

I only came here about a month ago and I have a great time. Off course for me it's all new and I have a lot to catch up. 

But why can't it be excited for you all too? 

Adam is doing great! He's playing in bigger halls and does a lot promo stuff at the moment.. Lets enjoy this all together  :D

And if you think there should be more activity on this forum, be my guest ;) . And not enough fans are logging in? Well try to get them back again... :)

I think it's fair to say that those who remain active here on AO have wisely accepted the futility of "chasing The [ever elusive] Original High" and are actively engaged in creating incredibly satisfying new highs, morphing along with Adam into something new, definitely less glam, but very very comfortably real. It's a great way to ensure the community never sinks so low into yearning for a past that can never be re-lived as to become a "Ghost Town".  :)

Those of us who were privileged to be there from the beginning can never really lose that Glambert glow of those magical years. There was SO MUCH GLITTER that it's become part of our DNA. :lol:

Not so sad now Marl, glad to see new faces here as well as old faces returning. Also glad to see that people are talking, even if it's not with quite the level of enthusiasm as before. :)

You're right Flash Mod, I wouldn't want to re-live the past, but I am glad I was there at the beginning to experience Adam's journey from then 'til now. The Original High is my favourite album, so far... ;)