• Announcements

• Flash Mod

Members! PLEASE READ Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines BEFORE POSTING

Before participating in our forum or any other area of AdamOfficial.com please read and acquaint yourself with the following Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines:   http://forum.adamofficial.com/topic/62357-forum-guidelines/   http://www.warnerbrosrecords.com/terms-of-service
    • Flash Mod

***HERE is how to access PRESALE CODES, VIP* and Meet and Greet* opportunities.***   01/30/2017

Before getting down to the business of access to presale codes, etc. please take note:   ***Please be advised that any member publicly posting actual presale codes anywhere on the forum (and possibly elsewhere!) or reportedly through private messages, will be banned from membership here on AO! NO EXCEPTIONS!   Our site here at adamofficial.com (aka AO) is Adam's official record label site, not his official fan club, and is not the place to find presale codes, nor are they provided through the official newsletter.   Presale codes are provided to paid members of Adam's official fan club one to several hours before the presale begins. If you are a paid member you can find the presale code in your dashboard at that site.
      The official fan club, Adam Lambert Fans, can be found here: http://www.adamlambertfans.com
      You must pay a fee to join. I believe the minimum fee is $9.99.
      Any other entity, website, or contact person on Twitter, email, etc. claiming to be representing Adam's official fan club and collecting payments other than directly at the above website is BOGUS, NOT LEGITIMATE!   Any questions you may have concerning any aspect of the fan club, including presale codes, VIP* tickets, Meet and Greet* opportunities, should only be addressed to the fan club moderators, DearBecky and addictedtoadam here on AO in the Adam Lambert Fan Club subforum. Please check to see if your question has already been posted in an existing thread there before posting a new topic. Please do not post questions concerning these subjects anywhere else on the forum. You can find the fan club subforum listed on the main forums page directly under Tour Talk.   The direct link is:
      http://forum.adamofficial.com/forum/30-adam-lambert-fan-club/   Fan club moderators, please correct me on anything I've posted that you find to be unclear or incorrect, through a PM. Thanks.   *Meet and Greet and VIP opportunities may or may not be offered.
HadasAL

Adam is going to play Eddie on the Rocky Horror Show tv movie

My guess about those two weeks between the European leg of his solo tour and the beginning of the QAL tour are that he will be in rehearsals with Bri and Rog.  They've got a big show to get ready :)

Foxey, I think you are right :)   I see that is May 7 - 19 and he will only have to fly from Germany to Portugal, maybe Bri and Rog will stop by and give him a ride in the jet, ha, ha!  ;)

Only a guess but one way it could possibly be a "live event" is if its broadcast in a studio for television with a live studio audience (and perhaps, possibly shadowcast as per common occurrence at movie theatres screening the original Rocky Horror Picture Show). I have no idea, only pure speculation based on knowledge of Rocky.

I'm beyond stoked for Adam doing this Show!! I think he'll make a terrific Eddie and really look forward to hearing Adam sing Hot Patootie! In a perfect world I would have loved for him to portray Frank(enfurter). But do understand why he opted out of the lead role. My only regret aside from that is he'll get such comparatively little screen time. For that reason among others I could conceptually see Adam as Riff Raff, the butler character, and am curious as to why he wasn't cast there rather than Eddie, but I am just very, very happy he is in it!

Oh Neneth, that's perfect, I just hope they don't make him fat, although he will probably get a big cut on his forehead from the brain surgery  :blink:

@Roxanne ,even  if they make him fat , ;) he 's still a fierce Eddie, and don't you worry he will steal /stole that show for sure. :rolleyes:

I'm sure they will not make him fat. That was just Meat Loaf. A slim, sexy Eddie makes more sense since he was the lover of both FnF and Columbine. Saw an article today with director Kenny Ortega saying they are filming in February in Toronto. There was a picture of him on an empty soundstage with the creative team.

Moovie, great info from you, as always!  Do you have a link to the article?

Here are some articles of interest:

This one was posted  April 10 2015, so it has been in the works for a while now. 

Fox remaking 'Rocky Horror Picture Show' | EW.com

A couple of points I thought relevant were:

"unlike NBC’s prime-time musicals and Fox’s own upcoming Grease, the Rocky Horror reboot will not be live."

and

"Fox plans to stick to the text of the original 1973 play by Jim Sharman and Richard O’Brien."

This article, more recent,  dated January 16, 2016, with lots of photos and videos, helps to clarify that there was the original stage show, "The Rocky Horror Show" in 1973, then the film, "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" in 1975, and finally, the two hour film, coming this fall, apparently on Halloween (see @Foxey's post #67, above) 

Tim Curry is returning to Rocky Horror Picture Show as Criminologist Narrator | Daily Mail Online

30_EmoticonsHDcom.png  Tim Curry as the narrator would be PERFECT!!   30_EmoticonsHDcom.png30_EmoticonsHDcom.png   I'm just about more excited about that than Adam's brief cameo 46_EmoticonsHDcom.png

I have never seen a more PERFECT performance of a role as Tim Curry in the film ....  mainly because it is so outside of the mainstream that normal acting chops just wouldn't cut it 77_EmoticonsHDcom.png   I wouldn't like to be anyone trying to take over that role on TV/film 

BTW one of the writers, (who plays Riff Raff in the movie) while born in the UK, has been a NZer since a child and pops up on our TV screens from time to time ... just recently had a TV series based on tracing the familial lines of well known people from a DNA analysis.  

I couldn't watch when he was on as THAT VOICE is Riff Raff and it just seemed like someone taking the mickey 49_EmoticonsHDcom.png

Thank you, Albertabroad! Friends on the Rocky boards were getting slightly grumpy with me for gushing on and on about Adam's inclusion so I thought I better find an Adam forum for that!

Haha! :lol:  Yeah, people who are yet to discover the wonder that is Adam Lambert tend to act that way sometimes. ;) Here gushing is very welcomed, to some even a must.  :lol: 

Thank you, Albertabroad! Friends on the Rocky boards were getting slightly grumpy with me for gushing on and on about Adam's inclusion so I thought I better find an Adam forum for that!

Yes, welcome!  Many of us are here because friends and family got grumpy with our gushing about Adam for various reasons, so you have found the right place  :)

If you still visit the Rocky boards I hope you will keep us informed about any new developments that are not mentioned here.

By the way, I like your avi graphic - is it just coincidence that it is the colors of the Trespassing Era or was it intentional?

Morning foxey, Lamburger

"Taking the mickey"

Not kiwi, not Irish I'm afraid

British

Cockney rhyming slang

Taking the Mickey Bliss- "taking the p***"

Polite form "taking the mickey"

We use it all the time all over the country.

Not quite winding you up or having you on, more used as a response to someone making fun of you in a mean way.

"Are you taking the mickey/p***"

Winding you up or having you on would just be that

"Im winding you up" "I'm having you on" "I'm joking" or "I'm pulling your leg" as moovie says. It's just when someone teases you and its not mean.

A bit of useless information for you first thing in the morning!!

Haha

Karen

X

If you still visit the Rocky boards I hope you will keep us informed about any new developments that are not mentioned here.

By the way, I like your avi graphic - is it just coincidence that it is the colors of the Trespassing Era or was it intentional?

Certainly! I pretty much live on the Rocky boards when I'm not at the theatre--and now my Adam antennae are on hyperalert for Adam news there, too.

Thank you on the graphic; no, not at all coincidental; despite having essentially 4 favorite artists (one of whom is deceased, another probably retired therefore Adam has taken my top spot--after 35 years!! NEVER thought that would happen-!) Trespassing immediately became my favorite album, ever, by anyone...and it still is. I definitely like and appreciate TOH, and I love FYE, albums but Trespassing is the one I can't quit listening to yet.

... Adam has taken my top spot--after 35 years!! NEVER thought that would happen-!) Trespassing immediately became my favorite album, ever, by anyone...and it still is...

Wow, QueenIsBack! That's so great! :) :) You do know that Adam exec produced Tresspassing himself and wrote most of it? :)

Trespassing immediately became my favorite album, ever, by anyone...and it still is. I definitely like and appreciate TOH, and I love FYE, albums but Trespassing is the one I can't quit listening to yet.

Hi QueenIsBack nice to see you here

TSP is my favourite album too. It's an outstanding piece of work and I love putting it on loud and " Well I was walking for some time......" Comes immediately booming from the speakers!!

Love it!!!

Karen

X

so excited for this news!  Rocky Horror was a big part of my youth...when I first heard about the remake I was a little leery because the original is so great.  Not sold on Laverne Cox, but will definitely be on board for Adam!  And the number of articles on his sign-on and all the mentions with the talk about Tim Curry being the narrator is great exposure!

Hi Koula, and thanks! Happy to see I'm not the only one around here who loves Trespassing (but I do love all of Adam's music).

As a longtime Rocky fan (Addict might be a more accurate term and I'm not even sure that quite covers it), and having known about the remake for a long time, (they thought about doing one at least twice before in the past several years, but never did, partly because most of the current fanbase for the film was opposed, fearing it would hurt ticket sales to the movie in theatres--which seems a legit concern given that it is the longest continually run movie in the world, its been in theatres somewhere since 1975/1976 so, 40 years thus far and counting; rockypedia.org has info about the film's history), when I heard they were casting a remake and intended to move forward with it this time, like many my reaction was lukewarm at best; "oh brother, here we go again...." with some trepidation. There were polls all over the internet about potential cast considerations. Adam's name was on most of those lists very quickly, to my delight (if they must do it, it would be wonderful for him to be in it). So I was really happy when the formal announcement was made that he got cast. In retrospect, though initially opposed to various degrees to a remake--moreso with previous false starts--I now think its a better time to do this and whether I agree with whether it should happen or not theoretically, realistically in order to keep it going for as long as possible, it would benefit from the media exposure which may in turn draw audiences back to see the original in theatres. With the inclusion of Adam Lambert, Tim Curry, and Lou Adler, the general consensus seems to be that it has already been taken to a whole new level positively; there is also speculation and hope that some other original cast may be included in the new remake. Excitement based on the cast choices revealed thus far seems to be building; the entire core cast list (10 characters) has yet to be unveiled, so we shall see! For me its a double win since I was already a fan of Adam Lambert and have been a fan of Rocky for well that would really be dating myself ha ha but well, probably for way too long but still am.

I must confess I'm not very familiar (OK, not at all familiar) with the work of Laverne Cox but if Rocky has taught me anything its first to keep an open mind so I will try to do that and see how the Show turns out before making any critiques. But, I am beyond excited for Adam's Eddie here!