• Announcements

• Flash Mod

Members! PLEASE READ Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines BEFORE POSTING

Before participating in our forum or any other area of AdamOfficial.com please read and acquaint yourself with the following Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines:   http://forum.adamofficial.com/topic/62357-forum-guidelines/   http://www.warnerbrosrecords.com/terms-of-service
    • Flash Mod

***HERE is how to access PRESALE CODES, VIP* and Meet and Greet* opportunities.***   01/30/2017

Before getting down to the business of access to presale codes, etc. please take note:   ***Please be advised that any member publicly posting actual presale codes anywhere on the forum (and possibly elsewhere!) or reportedly through private messages, will be banned from membership here on AO! NO EXCEPTIONS!   Our site here at adamofficial.com (aka AO) is Adam's official record label site, not his official fan club, and is not the place to find presale codes, nor are they provided through the official newsletter.   Presale codes are provided to paid members of Adam's official fan club one to several hours before the presale begins. If you are a paid member you can find the presale code in your dashboard at that site.
      The official fan club, Adam Lambert Fans, can be found here: http://www.adamlambertfans.com
      You must pay a fee to join. I believe the minimum fee is $9.99.
      Any other entity, website, or contact person on Twitter, email, etc. claiming to be representing Adam's official fan club and collecting payments other than directly at the above website is BOGUS, NOT LEGITIMATE!   Any questions you may have concerning any aspect of the fan club, including presale codes, VIP* tickets, Meet and Greet* opportunities, should only be addressed to the fan club moderators, DearBecky and addictedtoadam here on AO in the Adam Lambert Fan Club subforum. Please check to see if your question has already been posted in an existing thread there before posting a new topic. Please do not post questions concerning these subjects anywhere else on the forum. You can find the fan club subforum listed on the main forums page directly under Tour Talk.   The direct link is:
      http://forum.adamofficial.com/forum/30-adam-lambert-fan-club/   Fan club moderators, please correct me on anything I've posted that you find to be unclear or incorrect, through a PM. Thanks.   *Meet and Greet and VIP opportunities may or may not be offered.
Laurie Waller

What is it about Adam Lambert?

Just joined your forum in need of some Adam comradery. I've been perplexed by my obsession for Adam. Over the years as a fan of music I never found an artist who has mesmerized me quite like this. I was beginning to think I had some kind of abnormal psychological problem until I started reading what other fans have said and I realized there's just something about this man that can't be defined. Is it his talent? His exquisite looks? What the heck is it? I guess it's all that and something else I just can't put my finger on.....  anyway, in an attempt to shut me up from my daily rantings about Adam, my son bought Original High tickets for me and a friend. Well that backfired..I've been on cloud 9 since the 2/26 concert and even more vocal about him. I just spent several days non stop voting for him on the Pop Crush poll, (which we won thankfully) and with my battle scarred little fingers I'm still wandering aimlessly for an Adam fix. So here I am where I should be, with like minded people who adore a man who is inexplicable and makes

our world a happier place.

Hahaha!!  I love your story histbuff!!  Because it's just like so many others here :)  Yes, we are all a bit obsessed with Adam.  You are correct--it's difficult to explain to others.  Sure, we all know he's beautiful (inside and out), and no one can deny THAT VOICE!!  But there is something indefinable about Adam that just keeps pulling us all in.

Just joined your forum in need of some Adam comradery. I've been perplexed by my obsession for Adam. Over the years as a fan of music I never found an artist who has mesmerized me quite like this. I was beginning to think I had some kind of abnormal psychological problem until I started reading what other fans have said and I realized there's just something about this man that can't be defined. Is it his talent? His exquisite looks? What the heck is it? I guess it's all that and something else I just can't put my finger on.....  anyway, in an attempt to shut me up from my daily rantings about Adam, my son bought Original High tickets for me and a friend. Well that backfired..I've been on cloud 9 since the 2/26 concert and even more vocal about him. I just spent several days non stop voting for him on the Pop Crush poll, (which we won thankfully) and with my battle scarred little fingers I'm still wandering aimlessly for an Adam fix. So here I am where I should be, with like minded people who adore a man who is inexplicable and makes

Hi Histbuff 0313, welcome among us  :) 

You wrote beautifully. I'm sure you've captured it perfectly. We all feel the same things to Adam. Also, I am not able to define exactly what it is that he fascinates me so. Sometimes I feel like a fool indeed. ;)

Welcome histbuff0313!  You've described the obsession as perfectly as is possible, because it's hard to explain in words.  He has some kind of inexplicable ability to connect with our hearts and souls.  He has often commented that some people get him, and some people don't.  My family does not understand my obsession with Adam, and they give me grief about it all the time.  I can't even understand myself, how he captured my heart through my television screen on American Idol.  First, it was his voice...so beautiful.  Then, his looks...gorgeous!  Then he amazed me with his ability to change up every song to fit his personality.  And his stage presence!  I couldn't take my eyes off him!!  I was mesmerized!  I guess the clincher was his face and eyes.  When he performs, he pours his whole being into his performance.  He gives everything he's got.  And his speaking voice is as beautiful as his singing voice.  He has mentioned in many interviews that he's an open book.  He truly is.  We are the lucky ones who did not judge him, but accepted him for who he is...a beautiful, humble, loving soul, with exceptional gifts to share with us.

When you watch Adam perform, pay attention to how your brain changes and if you feel any subtle changes in your body. I think that Adam causes the pleasure centers in the brain to light up. I think that the brain is secreting pleasure chemicals that are addicting. When your brain is stimulated to create pleasure, whatever is causing that becomes something that you want more and more, like drugs. It could be like a runner's high. I feel the same about Adam. None of my family feel the same way, not even close. I am sure that there are a lot Of people who are living with an Adam addict.

Heeheehee!!  Maybe we should start our own chapter of Glamberts Anonymous  :lol:

Seriously though, sweetygirly, you're right.  Adam is an addiction.  And a fine one at that!!  Some researcher really should do some studies about fan's brain activity when they hear Adam sing.  Could be very interesting!  There has been so much written about the unique character of Adam's fan base, especially our fierce loyalty to the man.  You'd think someone would want to delve into the reasons behind it.

When you watch Adam perform, pay attention to how your brain changes and if you feel any subtle changes in your body. I think that Adam causes the pleasure centers in the brain to light up. I think that the brain is secreting pleasure chemicals that are addicting. When your brain is stimulated to create pleasure, whatever is causing that becomes something that you want more and more, like drugs. It could be like a runner's high. I feel the same about Adam. None of my family feel the same way, not even close. I am sure that there are a lot Of people who are living with an Adam addict.

That's definitely what happens to me when I see/hear him sing. I get such a high from it. The only other thing that makes me feel quite that awesome is when I perform on stage myself. He is just totally and completely amazing in every way. 

His voice, his beauty, his intelligence, his heart, his charisma, his little boy smile, his sexy moves, his personality, his zest for life, his whole being. He is a bright light in a sometimes dark world. He is everything to his fans and more..Welcome to the crazy life of being an Adam fan. Just don't expect to get anything done in the RW because you will spend too much time looking at photos, watching videos and reading articles.. :)

Hello. My forum name is BlueTeaLady42. I have recently joined AdamOfficial, though as a long time fan of the lovely Mr Lambert, I really should have joined ages ago. We don't get American Idol here in the UK, but I was able to watch on YouTube. I got hooked on Adam from the first week, after that I watched only Adam and ignored the  other contestants. My obsession had started. His beautiful voice, his stage presence and presentation, his natural charisma and he is such a charmer. I have seen Adam live in concert and he is stunning. I'm an old lady now and yet I am fascinated by him. 

18 hours ago, BlueTeaLady42 said:

Hello. My forum name is BlueTeaLady42. I have recently joined AdamOfficial, though as a long time fan of the lovely Mr Lambert, I really should have joined ages ago. We don't get American Idol here in the UK, but I was able to watch on YouTube. I got hooked on Adam from the first week, after that I watched only Adam and ignored the  other contestants. My obsession had started. His beautiful voice, his stage presence and presentation, his natural charisma and he is such a charmer. I have seen Adam live in concert and he is stunning. I'm an old lady now and yet I am fascinated by him. 

Hello Blue TeaLady42! :) Welcome to AdamOfficial! Better late than never. :)

Hello Amberbert! Yes, being young at heart definitely sounds better than being old! I've attended many concerts - Dire Straits, Rolling Stones etc, and seeing Adam in concert is far more exciting than all the others put together. He is wonderful. 

On 1/4/2016 at 7:39 PM, Laurie Waller said:

@Laurie Waller Totally identified with your words, from Argentina I welcome you to this madness:D

Hello Welsh Fleur. I live in Norfolk and travelled by train to Manchester. I also sat left of centre in the balcony - the big contraption went up in front of me, so I leaned towards the man next to me to get a clear view of the stage! I also chatted to a lot of people while queuing. I use a blue 4 wheeled mobility walker (and had grey hair at the time). I was unable to attend the London concert. 

I think you and I were chatting in the queue :), I've uploaded a picture of me taken when it wasn't freezing cold and snowing so more glam than we were that day  ;) 

I really hope you enjoy joining in here, this was my very first stop after New Years Eve 2014/15 and there are some very lovely people here 

FB_IMG_1461651798746.jpg

@Laurie Waller

Ive just popped into this new glamberts forum.

I noticed in your Hello post you wrote

"I was beginning to think I had some kind of psychological problem...."

Im sorry to say but you do..its the same one the rest of us have!

It is a rare condition caused by Adam but only the best and most astute of mankind have it!:)

X