• Announcements

• Flash Mod

Members! PLEASE READ Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines BEFORE POSTING

Before participating in our forum or any other area of AdamOfficial.com please read and acquaint yourself with the following Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines:   http://forum.adamofficial.com/topic/62357-forum-guidelines/   http://www.warnerbrosrecords.com/terms-of-service
    • Flash Mod

***HERE is how to access PRESALE CODES, VIP* and Meet and Greet* opportunities.***   01/30/2017

Before getting down to the business of access to presale codes, etc. please take note:   ***Please be advised that any member publicly posting actual presale codes anywhere on the forum (and possibly elsewhere!) or reportedly through private messages, will be banned from membership here on AO! NO EXCEPTIONS!   Our site here at adamofficial.com (aka AO) is Adam's official record label site, not his official fan club, and is not the place to find presale codes, nor are they provided through the official newsletter.   Presale codes are provided to paid members of Adam's official fan club one to several hours before the presale begins. If you are a paid member you can find the presale code in your dashboard at that site.
      The official fan club, Adam Lambert Fans, can be found here: http://www.adamlambertfans.com
      You must pay a fee to join. I believe the minimum fee is $9.99.
      Any other entity, website, or contact person on Twitter, email, etc. claiming to be representing Adam's official fan club and collecting payments other than directly at the above website is BOGUS, NOT LEGITIMATE!   Any questions you may have concerning any aspect of the fan club, including presale codes, VIP* tickets, Meet and Greet* opportunities, should only be addressed to the fan club moderators, DearBecky and addictedtoadam here on AO in the Adam Lambert Fan Club subforum. Please check to see if your question has already been posted in an existing thread there before posting a new topic. Please do not post questions concerning these subjects anywhere else on the forum. You can find the fan club subforum listed on the main forums page directly under Tour Talk.   The direct link is:
      http://forum.adamofficial.com/forum/30-adam-lambert-fan-club/   Fan club moderators, please correct me on anything I've posted that you find to be unclear or incorrect, through a PM. Thanks.   *Meet and Greet and VIP opportunities may or may not be offered.
burgundyrose

Adam its a shame

Saw Adam last week and he was great, his voice and performance were 100 times better than when I saw him last on FYE tour. That being said he was awesome then!  He is so talented he should be at the top of the charts and on the radio/tv all the time. Something was pointed out to me at the show that I had not really noticed before, it seemed the show and audience were centered around his sexuality. Adam has many straight fans and unfortunately they (or some) were uncomfortable. Its a shame that that is how the world is but I cannot help but wonder how successful he could be....

Hi Burgundyrose, welcome to AO!!   :lol:

Sorry, I'm just not following what you are saying--can you give some examples please?  How is the show centered around his sexuality?  And how is the audience centered around his sexuality?  

I'm one of Adam's many straight fans, and I certainly was not uncomfortable.  Maybe I'm missing something...

Saw Adam last week and he was great, his voice and performance were 100 times better than when I saw him last on FYE tour. That being said he was awesome then!  He is so talented he should be at the top of the charts and on the radio/tv all the time. Something was pointed out to me at the show that I had not really noticed before, it seemed the show and audience were centered around his sexuality. Adam has many straight fans and unfortunately they (or some) were uncomfortable. Its a shame that that is how the world is but I cannot help but wonder how successful he could be....

Hi burgundyrose!

I have to agree with Foxey that I am not quite sure what you mean. When you say that some straight fans were uncomfortable is it because the fans were uncomfortable because of Adam's sexual preference, or why exactly? Also, when I compare the current TOH tour with FYE tour which you also mentioned - I find the FYE tour much more sexual than this one! So I don't quite understand. Would you like to explain?

But welcome to AdamOfficial! :) It's great to have new fans and discussion here.

Hi burgundyrose,

welcome to the AO :)

So, I can say only this: Artists we can not judged in terms of what they have sexual orientation, skin color, religion, or how to lead their private life etc. At that nobody has the right.

Adam is very open and honest person, personally for him to really appreciate. Without fear and without scruples proved about itself to say out loud that he is homosexually oriented and he talked about it enough! It fails to everyone. He rightly deserves the admiration! If people have in his presence continued the need to address his orientation, so I was really sorry and it's really embarrassing. He is my hero. And I will fight for him and protect him!

And I agree with albertabroad and foxeylady in everything!

52_EmoticonsHDcom.png  Not sure I get your point ... while Adam is out and proud and doesn't pretend to be anything other than who he is, as a straight female who has watched his current and previous shows on videos by the thousands I have never got the impression that either the shows or the audiences were centred around his sexuality.   Sexiness perhaps (31_EmoticonsHDcom.png)  as most fans of all ages and sexual preference tend to mention, but not his own sexual preference.   In fact it wasn't so long ago that a heated debate was had about gay people (one at least)  feeling out of place at his concerts with all the straight fans!

I suspect that had Adam been less honest and open about himself, indeed he may have gained more "traditional" media and radio support, as we have discussed on other topics, but there is no excuse for anyone going to the shows to be surprised about anything unless they went with no knowledge of who they were going to see 72_EmoticonsHDcom.png

Adams naturally sexual lol. If you get my meaning. Im a straight 27 year old Male whos loved Adam since 09. And its not like i often care about anything enough to invest. Adams the first music act ive ever connected with. Fye was the first album i ever bought. Well actually My Mum bought it for me for Christmas in 09 haha. But re your pov The show was centred around his sexuality the audience too. Well heres my personal experience from the Nz show. Their were screaming teenage girls, stuffy fifty year old middle aged Queen fans, Parents, Young straight males like me ha, A Gay couple swooning in front of me. So while Adam is very sexually overt. No one was umcomfortable. Quite the contary. 

52_EmoticonsHDcom.png  Not sure I get your point ... while Adam is out and proud and doesn't pretend to be anything other than who he is, as a straight female who has watched his current and previous shows on videos by the thousands I have never got the impression that either the shows or the audiences were centred around his sexuality.   Sexiness perhaps (31_EmoticonsHDcom.png)  as most fans of all ages and sexual preference tend to mention, but not his own sexual preference.   In fact it wasn't so long ago that a heated debate was had about gay people (one at least)  feeling out of place at his concerts with all the straight fans!

I suspect that had Adam been less honest and open about himself, indeed he may have gained more "traditional" media and radio support, as we have discussed on other topics, but there is no excuse for anyone going to the shows to be surprised about anything unless they went with no knowledge of who they were going to see 72_EmoticonsHDcom.png

im glad he diddnt. Imo hiscareer wpuldent be so bright now if hevpretended to be something hes not. Besides Adams all aboit being true to yourself. Like Adam aaid he doesent do itfor somechart placement. Butconnecting with ppl.

Hi 3ku1,

I am so sorry, but I do not understand what you write. I know it is not addressed to me, but your opinions are interesting, as well as opinions from Lamburger. But with you I really have a problem with the translation, just do not give ;) I think all good. Peace

Hi everyone, I guess I am not sure how to be politically correct.  What I was trying  to say is that I never understood why Adam is not as popular as he should be (he is arguably the best male vocalist around today!)  I had not really thought that he may not have become as successful as he should/could be because some people find his actions or his concert atmosphere not to their liking until my companions pointed things out during and after the concert, it just got me thinking, thats all ...

Hi everyone, I guess I am not sure how to be politically correct.  What I was trying  to say is that I never understood why Adam is not as popular as he should be (he is arguably the best male vocalist around today!)  I had not really thought that he may not have become as successful as he should/could be because some people find his actions or his concert atmosphere not to their liking until my companions pointed things out during and after the concert, it just got me thinking, thats all ...

Hi rose! Well yes, I'm sure there are lots(!) of people who don't think Adam's their cup of tea. But then there will always be people like that no matter what he did or sang so I think he is being really brave and smart being who he himself wants to be. I sure want him to be able to do this for the long run and with his head together - not just chase after the biggest success. And I feel that is what he has indicated, too. So really, when you think about it, it's a good thing. Not everything is about popularity - eventhough I, too, of course would like him to get all the fame he wants and we think he deserves. :)

What I was trying  to say is that I never understood why Adam is not as popular as he should be (he is arguably the best male vocalist around today!)  

We've all been asking that same question for a very long time  :)

I think that this topic is nothing more to add. It was said enough already. Everybody can not like the same thing, now I mean the style of music. Of course, me more than regret that some people refuse to Adam's music for his sexual orientation. I know these people, but some give him a chance, and his music love and people from the LGBT community sees differently and better, does not address how ones oriented, those people do not mind them anymore. And it pleases me, it is only thanks Adam. It is his merit. The world will always be fools and over their moronic judgments will not go train with, them not not move. But that's just their misfortune! I just can say that I am very happy bisexual and very happy just because Adam exists, he is so charming and humble being. And frankly I wish him only the best, all possible glory, a happy and peaceful life as he wishes and to meet immensely, beautiful and everlasting love of his life. That's all I can say.

I'm a longtime straight ally of the LGBTQ cause. I feel very strongly that Adam's music is very universal in its appeal and, if some of his patter at concerts has an edge of his sexuality, it is only Adam being himself. And thank heavens he trusts that he can be himself with his audiences. He knows we adore him in all his glory. Along with it, however, he actively promotes diversity at EVERY SINGLE CONCERT! He wants for all of us what he has found for himself: self-acceptance. I also believe that Adam's openness about very personal stuff has moved the bar a great deal toward LGBTQ acceptance, especially here in the U.S. And that can be nothing but a good thing.

What I was trying  to say is that I never understood why Adam is not as popular as he should be

Adam is living a dream. He is popular enough that he can continue to make albums, continue to give concerts, have lots of money... To want more would just be greedy.

Any fan of Adam's who is ashamed of his being gay is not a true fan. That is an intricate part of who he is. The one thing that made me leave AO long ago is that there were so many homophobic fans - even some so-called fans who were posting on a gay man's fan site but didn't want him to have the same rights he has. Sorry, if you're uncomfortable with Adam's sexuality and/or how he displays it, that means you're uncomfortable with him, and therefore should not be here, IMO. Either you're all in as a Glambert, or you're not. That includes the FACT that Adam is a proud gay man.

Any fan of Adam's who is ashamed of his being gay is not a true fan. That is an intricate part of who he is. The one thing that made me leave AO long ago is that there were so many homophobic fans - even some so-called fans who were posting on a gay man's fan site but didn't want him to have the same rights he has. Sorry, if you're uncomfortable with Adam's sexuality and/or how he displays it, that means you're uncomfortable with him, and therefore should not be here, IMO. Either you're all in as a Glambert, or you're not. That includes the FACT that Adam is a proud gay man.

Welcome back Galore.

Welcome back Galore. I will respond to your post in the official announcements section soon.

While it is certainly commendable and within your rights to attempt to educate others concerning the finer shades of homophobia that occasionally show themselves here, the posting guidelines here on our forum require doing so with a high level of respect. No one here has the right to designate who is a "true fan" and who is not, as the word "fan" can mean many different things to many different people. In addition, no member can set the standard as to who is welcome here and who is not. That standard is entirely up to WBR and those designated by them as admins and moderators of this site. Period. Any member who makes a practice of playing moderator here runs the risk of being banned from further participation on our forum.

While those who continue to be active on the AO forum are as much invested in the man as in the music, some may be more so than others. And there are also those who admire Adam more as a singer/ entertainer than as a person, and those people are welcome here as well. If in the process of posting their thoughts others find those thoughts offensive, please keep in mind that ignorance can be best served through education and enlightenment. In other words "you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar". In my book, telling people they are not "true fans" and they don't belong here is decidedly vinegar.

Considering this topic has been posted in The Vent section of the Forum I will allow this one post to stand, but any others made in the same vein will be deleted.

Understood. I'm gay, though I do realize that many of Adam's fans are straight. So, yeah, education haha. To put it into context, I'm also an LGBTQ rights activist and a blogger on the subject - like as a job lol. I get paid very well to say what I'd be saying anyway lol.  I just hope that homophobia won't be tolerated and that we're at least allowed to call it out. I'd never make a post like that in Adam Discussion or anywhere else. This is the vent/rant area, so I assumed abrasive comments were okay. Sorry if it's vinegar. I'll stay away from the "true fan" comments. 

I am one of Adam's many millions of straight fans. We are all aware of Adam's sexual preference, which is totally irrelevant. So who are the people who attend his concerts and then complain that they are uncomfortable with his sexuality ? Adam is Adam and should be accepted for the fascinating man that he is. 

On 27/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, BlueTeaLady42 said:

I am one of Adam's many millions of straight fans. We are all aware of Adam's sexual preference, which is totally irrelevant. So who are the people who attend his concerts and then complain that they are uncomfortable with his sexuality ? Adam is Adam and should be accepted for the fascinating man that he is. 

you said it: Adam is Adam and should be accepted for the fascinating man that he is. !!! ;)