• Announcements

• Flash Mod

Members! PLEASE READ Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines BEFORE POSTING

Before participating in our forum or any other area of AdamOfficial.com please read and acquaint yourself with the following Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines:   http://forum.adamofficial.com/topic/62357-forum-guidelines/   http://www.warnerbrosrecords.com/terms-of-service
    • Flash Mod

***HERE is how to access PRESALE CODES, VIP* and Meet and Greet* opportunities.***   01/30/2017

Before getting down to the business of access to presale codes, etc. please take note:   ***Please be advised that any member publicly posting actual presale codes anywhere on the forum (and possibly elsewhere!) or reportedly through private messages, will be banned from membership here on AO! NO EXCEPTIONS!   Our site here at adamofficial.com (aka AO) is Adam's official record label site, not his official fan club, and is not the place to find presale codes, nor are they provided through the official newsletter.   Presale codes are provided to paid members of Adam's official fan club one to several hours before the presale begins. If you are a paid member you can find the presale code in your dashboard at that site.
      The official fan club, Adam Lambert Fans, can be found here: http://www.adamlambertfans.com
      You must pay a fee to join. I believe the minimum fee is $9.99.
      Any other entity, website, or contact person on Twitter, email, etc. claiming to be representing Adam's official fan club and collecting payments other than directly at the above website is BOGUS, NOT LEGITIMATE!   Any questions you may have concerning any aspect of the fan club, including presale codes, VIP* tickets, Meet and Greet* opportunities, should only be addressed to the fan club moderators, DearBecky and addictedtoadam here on AO in the Adam Lambert Fan Club subforum. Please check to see if your question has already been posted in an existing thread there before posting a new topic. Please do not post questions concerning these subjects anywhere else on the forum. You can find the fan club subforum listed on the main forums page directly under Tour Talk.   The direct link is:
      http://forum.adamofficial.com/forum/30-adam-lambert-fan-club/   Fan club moderators, please correct me on anything I've posted that you find to be unclear or incorrect, through a PM. Thanks.   *Meet and Greet and VIP opportunities may or may not be offered.
Sign in to follow this  
twyla

Equal Rights move Forward

This thread is meant to be used for any newly given equal rights anywhere in the world.

I'm starting it with this message

"Hillary Clinton ‏@HillaryClinton  7h

Thrilled by this news. Every loving parent, no matter who they are, can now adopt kids in all 50 states. http://bzfd.it/1TIpv4d  -H"

Here is brief selected highlights from the article. To read it all click on the the BuzzFeed link given above.

Mississippi’s Gay Adoption Ban Dead After State Fails To Appeal Ruling

“Mississippi was the last state in the nation that prohibited adoption by gay couples, so, in all 50 states, gay couples are allowed to adopt kids — as it should be,” Roberta Kaplan, lead lawyer in the case, told BuzzFeed News.

“There are a lot of children in the foster care system, and children in shelters, who need good, loving homes,” said Hrostowski. “There are many gay and lesbians who could be their parents. Research has shown time and time again we make fine parents.”

This thread is meant to be used for any newly given equal rights anywhere in the world.

I'm starting it with this message

"Hillary Clinton ‏@HillaryClinton  7h

Thrilled by this news. Every loving parent, no matter who they are, can now adopt kids in all 50 states. http://bzfd.it/1TIpv4d  -H"

Here is brief selected highlights from the article. To read it all click on the the BuzzFeed link given above.

Mississippi’s Gay Adoption Ban Dead After State Fails To Appeal Ruling

“Mississippi was the last state in the nation that prohibited adoption by gay couples, so, in all 50 states, gay couples are allowed to adopt kids — as it should be,” Roberta Kaplan, lead lawyer in the case, told BuzzFeed News.

“There are a lot of children in the foster care system, and children in shelters, who need good, loving homes,” said Hrostowski. “There are many gay and lesbians who could be their parents. Research has shown time and time again we make fine parents.”

Oh twyla, you're a bringer of good news:)  In this case more than wonderful. I'm really happy for this information, and for all those who got this right. :wub: 

But In my case, I did not succeed! A repeated requests were not complied. I recently received a notice, reasoned my orientation, I have no right to appeal.

Through it all, I know I'd be a good dad. Shame that I do not live in America. Just the end!

Oh Max--I'm so sorry to hear that you are having these troubles :(  I hope that will change for you very soon.  I totally agree--gay men are just as likely to be good dads as straight men.  There are so many factors that determine who will or won't be a good parent.  Orientation is NOT one of those factors.   

Twyla, thanks for bringing that good news here.  This thread is a great idea, since the status of equality is changing so rapidly--here in the US, anyway.  I can't speak for other countries.

Oh Max--I'm so sorry to hear that you are having these troubles :(  I hope that will change for you very soon.  I totally agree--gay men are just as likely to be good dads as straight men.  There are so many factors that determine who will or won't be a good parent.  Orientation is NOT one of those factors.   

Twyla, thanks for bringing that good news here.  This thread is a great idea, since the status of equality is changing so rapidly--here in the US, anyway.  I can't speak for other countries.

Dear Foxey, :) 

it's nice of you. There's no need to regret. This is the worst I have lived through. I know that so far it has not changed in any way. My loss lasted six years, but the sixth year I knew how it turns out. I did not think it would be so hard. Even if I wanted a child from a foreign country. I do not know what the rules are governing. I do not understand how they could think that with me he would have been worse than somewhere in a slum, when he is an orphan, living in poverty and so much at risk of any form of abuse. But the message from Twyla is uplifting, at least it works somewhere. And I'm not gay, I'm bi. It's okay, you did not know that. ;)

justMAX,  I hope your day will come.  As you say, not now, but time is on your side.  Maybe not for you personally, but for those who follow you.  

Twyla, I have no words. :)  But I am pleased that possibility, that others have now. This is very great new. And thank you so much for it.

Another event is in the making,

Stonewall: the birthplace of a movement, and soon a national monument for equality. http://hrc.io/24wqWaS  #ThanksObama

In N.Y., White House poised to create first monument to gay rights struggle

(some highlights from the Washington Post article.)
Barring a last-minute complication — ... — Obama is prepared to designate the area part of the National Park Service as soon as next month, which commemorates gay pride.

The decision to recognize a critical moment in the fight for gay rights, at a time when politicians in several states are moving to strip away legal protections for transgender, gay, lesbian and bisexual residents, enjoys considerable support within the administration.

... late last month, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) signed legislation, backed by New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio (D) and several state lawmakers, that would allow the city to transfer ownership of Christopher Park to the federal government should it become designated as a monument. That patch of green, spanning less than two-tenths of an acre, lies opposite the Stonewall Inn.

Wow--just wow.  North Carolina is in BIG trouble!

I just read an article in the Orlando Sentinel.  Wish I could post it here, but I don't have a digital copy.

The US Justice Department wrote a letter telling the gov that the anti-LGBT law the state recently passed "violates US civil rights laws".  According to the article, NC could lose hundreds of millions of federal dollars if they try to enforce the law!!

ETA:  Found it!!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/sns-bc-us--lgbt-rights-north-carolina-20160504-story.html

Wow--just wow.  North Carolina is in BIG trouble!

I just read an article in the Orlando Sentinel.  Wish I could post it here, but I don't have a digital copy.

The US Justice Department wrote a letter telling the gov that the anti-LGBT law the state recently passed "violates US civil rights laws".  According to the article, NC could lose hundreds of millions of federal dollars if they try to enforce the law!!

ETA:  Found it!!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/sns-bc-us--lgbt-rights-north-carolina-20160504-story.html

Oh yes, foxeylady, :)

I agree with you. Wow---just wow! This is good new and thanks you for it.

You're a messenger of good news, as well as twyla. My day is much better.

Oh sure, we have hope! I wish, let them come out there. No registered partnership, but a real marriage, beautiful!!! I don´t want to pull politics here, even though it´s about politics. And church?! Let jerks, this isn´t about religion or God! Let us make it easier and don´t walk over us happiness.

In Europe or in the Czech Republic about that I can only dream of, but if more countries to legalize marriage of people of the LGBT community must be our bigwigs also think that this path is the right one. No discrimination, but recognition of equality and have the same rights and not be kept on the sidelines, what more can I ask for?! And some people might come to their senses, but I fantasized. Not only would the job I was relieved. If we're lucky, my dream will come true. Maybe it really a miracle happens and one day I will be able to marry. Beautiful idea.

Twyla, seriously, Thank you very much for your lovely messages. You're the bearer of good news.

Max, it's nice to see you posting a bit more hope for yourself.  :)

When reading on Mexico, I saw a mention of Columbia, South America.  This happened less than 2 months ago.  I like this quote from the article posted below.  Angélica Lozano, a lesbian who was elected to the Colombian Congress in 2014, also celebrated Thursday’s ruling. 

“Equality is unstoppable,” she said in a tweet she posted to her Twitter page.

(Actually looking at the map of South America they have done a great job of accepting same sex marriage.  The more these victories are publicized, the more it frees up other countries to see and do the right thing.)  

Colombia high court rules in favor of same-sex marriage 

http://www.washingtonblade.com/2016/04/07/colombia-high-court-rules-in-favor-of-same-sex-marriage/

The US has now entered the era of the bathroom wars!  It has become one of the hot topics on the nightly news.  The Justice Department is suing North Carolina--North Carolina is suing the Justice Department in return.  The Department of Education issued a statement that public schools must not discriminate over the use of bathrooms.  Various schools around the country are now revising their bathroom policies.

How did we come to this?  Where will it end?  **sigh**  Just let the people pee.  This is to the point of ridiculousness   :wacko:  

I don't get it either.  Why is this suddenly an issue during this ludicrous election year?  Since time began it hasn't been an issue.  Why now?  One thing I do know for sure is my teenage grandchildren will not use the bathroom at school because anyone and everyone using them gets harassed, bullied and put up for public ridicule.  And they are both straight.  I'm hoping they sometimes take advantage of an opportunity during school hours to slip in and out unnoticed.  We live in a town that has made many lists as a top place in the country to raise kids.  

The US has now entered the era of the bathroom wars!  It has become one of the hot topics on the nightly news.  The Justice Department is suing North Carolina--North Carolina is suing the Justice Department in return.  The Department of Education issued a statement that public schools must not discriminate over the use of bathrooms.  Various schools around the country are now revising their bathroom policies.

How did we come to this?  Where will it end?  **sigh**  Just let the people pee.  This is to the point of ridiculousness   :wacko: 

Dear foxeylady,

I know what you mean. It's partly ridiculousness, but also sad, sometimes desperate. I think it will never end, human stupidity knows no bounds, unfortunately, is eternal. For us, the CZ, it thrives and abounds very well. Many people like to keep this craps and give it as own truth. I don`t know why that is. But we have a couple of brave and as you can read above, and there happen to good things, we have our heroes, who can change the situation. I'm happy for them.

I don't get it either.  Why is this suddenly an issue during this ludicrous election year?  Since time began it hasn't been an issue.  Why now?  One thing I do know for sure is my teenage grandchildren will not use the bathroom at school because anyone and everyone using them gets harassed, bullied and put up for public ridicule.  And they are both straight.  I'm hoping they sometimes take advantage of an opportunity during school hours to slip in and out unnoticed.  We live in a town that has made many lists as a top place in the country to raise kids.  

It's sad but it's true. I also hope that your grandchildren thrive during school hours to get to the toilets and turn away without harm. That's horrible. My nephew had experienced bullying in kindergarten, toilets, he was 5 years old. Never understand it. We never could dream up, the only thing we were able to change the location. That is all.

Dear foxeylady,

I know what you mean. It's partly ridiculousness, but also sad, sometimes desperate. 

I think you nailed it, justMAX.  There are people so desperate to hang on to the social and moral codes they grew up with that they will attack any way they can.  And you're right--it's sad that they are not open to change.

I think you nailed it, justMAX.  There are people so desperate to hang on to the social and moral codes they grew up with that they will attack any way they can.  And you're right--it's sad that they are not open to change.

Yes, it's sad, but I do not want you to be sad.

Omg.  I'm not speechless, it's just that I can't say anything here, so I will just post the information.   Am I allowed to explain GOP is Republicans?

Amid shouts of 'shame,' House GOP defeats gay rights measure

https://www.yahoo.com/news/amid-shouts-shame-house-gop-defeats-gay-rights-163000520--politics.html

I don't know if this thread is justified.  I can't believe the continual show of bigotry and hate that is going on here in the USA.  Where is this country headed?  I'm afraid they will get nothing but an amused chastising by any authorities and this planned hate event will become the norm.  There is nothing accidental about this.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/padres-under-fire-after-humiliating-gay-men-s-chorus-during-anthem-181903586.html 

Padres under fire after humiliating gay men's chorus during anthem

I do not know, but I say why not? Why should not it be justified ?! It's a page about and for Adam, but why not talk about it here or not give to know. Also, I can not believe it, but similar things are happening in our country, but in the minds of people it does not give or it rejects the deal completely. I hope it will not offend anyone. But from one point of view I do not see it again so badly. Knows about it and is a sure effort to solve it. The saddest part is that it happened at all. Those gay men entered voluntarily, just sang the national anthem, do not understand why it is so humiliating. I must say they were very brave and gave it beautifully.