• Announcements

• Flash Mod

Members! PLEASE READ Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines BEFORE POSTING

Before participating in our forum or any other area of AdamOfficial.com please read and acquaint yourself with the following Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines:   http://forum.adamofficial.com/topic/62357-forum-guidelines/   http://www.warnerbrosrecords.com/terms-of-service
    • Flash Mod

***HERE is how to access PRESALE CODES, VIP* and Meet and Greet* opportunities.***   01/30/2017

Before getting down to the business of access to presale codes, etc. please take note:   ***Please be advised that any member publicly posting actual presale codes anywhere on the forum (and possibly elsewhere!) or reportedly through private messages, will be banned from membership here on AO! NO EXCEPTIONS!   Our site here at adamofficial.com (aka AO) is Adam's official record label site, not his official fan club, and is not the place to find presale codes, nor are they provided through the official newsletter.   Presale codes are provided to paid members of Adam's official fan club one to several hours before the presale begins. If you are a paid member you can find the presale code in your dashboard at that site.
      The official fan club, Adam Lambert Fans, can be found here: http://www.adamlambertfans.com
      You must pay a fee to join. I believe the minimum fee is $9.99.
      Any other entity, website, or contact person on Twitter, email, etc. claiming to be representing Adam's official fan club and collecting payments other than directly at the above website is BOGUS, NOT LEGITIMATE!   Any questions you may have concerning any aspect of the fan club, including presale codes, VIP* tickets, Meet and Greet* opportunities, should only be addressed to the fan club moderators, DearBecky and addictedtoadam here on AO in the Adam Lambert Fan Club subforum. Please check to see if your question has already been posted in an existing thread there before posting a new topic. Please do not post questions concerning these subjects anywhere else on the forum. You can find the fan club subforum listed on the main forums page directly under Tour Talk.   The direct link is:
      http://forum.adamofficial.com/forum/30-adam-lambert-fan-club/   Fan club moderators, please correct me on anything I've posted that you find to be unclear or incorrect, through a PM. Thanks.   *Meet and Greet and VIP opportunities may or may not be offered.
carter_

Adam speaks on the shooting tragedy at Orlando's Pulse Nightclub

WOW!!  I just watched the Orlando rally.  They estimate that 50,000 people were there.  It was incredible!  Speaker after speaker with the most heart-warming and moving speeches.  They had civic leaders, faith leaders, and leaders of the LGBTQ, Hispanic, and Muslim communities.  Orlando's first openly-gay (yeah, it's relevant in this context) city councilwoman stood up and said that hating a Muslim is the same as hating a gay person.

It was awe-inspiring.   :wub:  50,000 people holding up candles and rainbow flags and American flags.  And when a real rainbow appeared in the sky, the crowd went nuts!!

foxey, I'm assuming this is what you are describing.  

Click on the twitter account for pics and tweets

Orlando Police ‏@OrlandoPolice  2h

We will not be defeated. #OrlandoUnited @ChiefJohnMina

ClW7ugYWgAAzGt5.jpg
193 retweets271 likes

WOW!!  I just watched the Orlando rally.  They estimate that 50,000 people were there.  It was incredible!  Speaker after speaker with the most heart-warming and moving speeches.  They had civic leaders, faith leaders, and leaders of the LGBTQ, Hispanic, and Muslim communities.  Orlando's first openly-gay (yeah, it's relevant in this context) city councilwoman stood up and said that hating a Muslim is the same as hating a gay person.

It was awe-inspiring.   :wub:  50,000 people holding up candles and rainbow flags and American flags.  And when a real rainbow appeared in the sky, the crowd went nuts!!

Whaaaaat! Crowd just went nuts as a stunning rainbow appeared over Lake Eola vigil @WESH

ClWdekuWIAI7qMz.jpg

@foxey - our city had a memorial  on Thursday night - one of the most heartbreaking speakers to hear was a young Muslim  - he talked of how he struggled with realizing he was gay and questioned his religion - this young man is not out to his family yet.... he broke down several times (as did most of the speakers that night)

i kept thinking of and hearing this young man all night - what he said about struggling with being Muslim and being gay, made me wonder about the shooter as there have been reports that he was gay - wondered if this was an extreme case of internalized homophobia - on Friday morning, i came across this;

Gay Muslim: Islam Is No Religion of Peace http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/06/16/gay-muslim-islam-is-no-religion-of-peace.html

I haven't really wanted to be online after learning about the shooting at Pulse, and then followed so quickly by the death of that poor child at Disney.  There can be so much hatred directed from the safety of anonymity.  I had to take some time away after reading some of the comments directed at those poor parents of the toddler.  Reading the active discussion here on this thread has felt very cathartic.  I met up with a friend for lunch today who told me that his brother (with whom he is estranged) called him earlier to say a few days after Pulse he was stabbed leaving a gay club.  I don't even know how to process that?  Why can't people just live and let live?  Why does it matter who someone loves?  I could do nothing but give my friend a big hug.  He himself is now afraid of going on the subway.  He is gay too and is afraid that he doesn't 'pass' as straight and that someone might push him from behind.  He hasn't been going out at night.  He felt anxious meeting me today in broad daylight.  What can I do but offer support and love and encouragement that he should not let the hatred of others define him.  Tell him that he has a life and other people's bullshit is their own...sorry for rambling- just in such a state of shock still.

This was a terrible tragedy, and is very difficult to fathom.

My husband and I were on vacation when this happened, and after expressing his outrage over this violent act, the next thing he did was to ask me where Adam was. He was very concerned for Adam's safety, and I assured him that Adam was not in that area, but touring with Queen.

Un-freaking-believable!!

I just read in the Orlando Sentinel that the stupid governor of North Carolina sent a NC state flag to the LGBTQ community center in Orlando that has been in the forefront of helping people deal with the aftermath of the Pulse shootings.

:angry:    :angry:    :angry:

Un-freaking-believable!!

I just read in the Orlando Sentinel that the stupid governor of North Carolina sent a NC state flag to the LGBTQ community center in Orlando that has been in the forefront of helping people deal with the aftermath of the Pulse shootings.

:angry:    :angry:    :angry:

EWWWWWWWWWW!   :o

Yes Twyla, it's real.  The director of the LGBTQ center was quoted in the Orlando Sentinel.

The shooting, the aftermath, and especially the community response is still BIG news here.  Takes up a big part of the daily paper and the local news shows. 

I completely agree with that article, Saffron.  And with the President's reluctance to use the term "radical Islam extremists".

ISIS/ISIL/whatever should never be called "Islamic State".  They are neither Muslim, nor are they a state of any kind.  They are bullies hiding behind a front of religion to spread their message of hate.

Kind of like Westboro Baptist Church ;)  The only difference is WBC doesn't resort to violence.

Calling the terrorists "Islamic State" gives them the validation they so desperately seek.

Orlando city councilwoman Patty Sheehan, in a moving speech after the attack, said that "hating a Muslim is like hating a gay person".  The Muslim community and the LGBTQ community in Orlando are standing together on this issue.

#OrlandoUnited

Published on Sep 28, 2016

HRC President Chad Griffin joined Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords and Navy combat veteran and retired NASA astronaut Captain Mark Kelly for a rally and round table discussion to urge the majority of Americans who support common sense gun violence prevention laws to vote in November. The events marked the kick-off of a 14-state tour by Americans for Responsible Solutions PAC -- which Congresswoman Giffords and Kelly co-founded.

Thank you video from victims of Pulse via email from Equality Fla GoFundMe update

Honor Them With Action Fund

In the aftermath of the massacre at Pulse, Equality Florida made two promises. 

First, we would do everything we could to help the families of those killed and the survivors dealing with the physical and emotional pain of being targeted in the worst anti-LGBTQ hate crime in U.S. history.

You helped us keep the first promise by contributing, online and in person, more than $9.5M . 

And we have kept our word that every penny we collected - even the interest that accrued on the funds - is going to the victims of Pulse. No staff or overhead. We’ve donated all of our time.  On September 27th, those funds will be disbursed. 

Now our attention must focus entirely on fulfilling the second promise - to honor the dead with action. 

read more here https://www.gofundme.com/forthe49 

Awesome video!

All of the funds were consolidated into the One Orlando Fund, which reached $31 million last month.  Money is still pouring in.  The funds are just now being distributed, after an application period and jumping through all the legal hoops.  Orlando brought in, as administrator of the funds, the man who had overseen the disbursement of funds collected for other major disasters: 9-11, Boston Marathon bombing, Sandy Hook, and others.

Incredibly enough, some a**hole was suing, just last week, to prevent distribution of the funds.  She escaped from the club that night, but fell and injured her knee as she was getting out.  I don't have a clue why she filed the lawsuit.  Just WTF??!!!  Happily, she was NOT successful :)