• Announcements

• Flash Mod

Members! PLEASE READ Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines BEFORE POSTING

Before participating in our forum or any other area of AdamOfficial.com please read and acquaint yourself with the following Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines:   http://forum.adamofficial.com/topic/62357-forum-guidelines/   http://www.warnerbrosrecords.com/terms-of-service
    • Flash Mod

***HERE is how to access PRESALE CODES, VIP* and Meet and Greet* opportunities.***   01/30/2017

Before getting down to the business of access to presale codes, etc. please take note:   ***Please be advised that any member publicly posting actual presale codes anywhere on the forum (and possibly elsewhere!) or reportedly through private messages, will be banned from membership here on AO! NO EXCEPTIONS!   Our site here at adamofficial.com (aka AO) is Adam's official record label site, not his official fan club, and is not the place to find presale codes, nor are they provided through the official newsletter.   Presale codes are provided to paid members of Adam's official fan club one to several hours before the presale begins. If you are a paid member you can find the presale code in your dashboard at that site.
      The official fan club, Adam Lambert Fans, can be found here: http://www.adamlambertfans.com
      You must pay a fee to join. I believe the minimum fee is $9.99.
      Any other entity, website, or contact person on Twitter, email, etc. claiming to be representing Adam's official fan club and collecting payments other than directly at the above website is BOGUS, NOT LEGITIMATE!   Any questions you may have concerning any aspect of the fan club, including presale codes, VIP* tickets, Meet and Greet* opportunities, should only be addressed to the fan club moderators, DearBecky and addictedtoadam here on AO in the Adam Lambert Fan Club subforum. Please check to see if your question has already been posted in an existing thread there before posting a new topic. Please do not post questions concerning these subjects anywhere else on the forum. You can find the fan club subforum listed on the main forums page directly under Tour Talk.   The direct link is:
      http://forum.adamofficial.com/forum/30-adam-lambert-fan-club/   Fan club moderators, please correct me on anything I've posted that you find to be unclear or incorrect, through a PM. Thanks.   *Meet and Greet and VIP opportunities may or may not be offered.
foxeylady

Adam tweets concerns about Trump and endorses Clinton

1,086 posts in this topic

A few days ago, Adam sent out a tweet with a message about Donald Trump.

Here's s direct link to his tweet:  

https://twitter.com/adamlambert/status/740573181740781568

Flash Mod has told us that, while we generally avoid political or religious conversations on this forum, it is appropriate to do so when Adam has opened the discussion himself.  She also posted the following limitations (in the "Adam's Tweets" thread):

"Just take care in discussing these issues that the discussion does not stray into general political bashing of parties and/or politicians or other issues not specifically tweeted by Adam. Thanks!"

So I am opening this thread for any and all who wish to comment on Trump.  I'll start   :lol:

I think it's just a matter of time before Trump says something so outrageously offensive that it will end his campaign.  He seems to lack control over what comes out of his mouth.  With the recent tragedy in Orlando, I've been waiting for him to say something stupid or homophobic.  He almost got there on Sunday, when his tweets were all about congratulating himself for being right.

Disgusting!!!

galorecamping2 and justMAX like this

I'm disagreeing with you foxeylady.  He has been so outrageous since the very beginning that he should be long gone by now.  I think he will be the GOP nominee.  I think Hillary and the Democrats are going to have to work ridiculously hard to bring the voters to see him for who he is. Many voters see Obama as being guilty for all things wrong without any consideration that Congress is also involved in all policy decisions.  I also believe if Trump is voted in as president we will end up having to impeach him before his first year is over. 

I want me to be wrong and you to be right that there is still something left Trump can do bring himself down.  

I totally agree with Adam wondering how can anyone possibly take him seriously.  

I only wish I could believe that Trump could do something to make his campaign crash and burn. Everyone from celebrities to politicians to even right-wingers endorsing Hillary over Trump have seen how outrageous he is. One of Bush 41's former advisers went on Lawrence O'Donnell last night and ripped Trump, calling him "the most massively ignorant person ever to run for president."

Yet, he continues to barrel on. This is what frightens me - who are these people who are supporting him? He's been racist, misogynist, homophobic, planned to build a wall, ban all Muslims, sue the press corp, banned major publications from his campaign events because he doesn't like what they have to say...where does it end?

Adam and everyone else with a platform is right to call him out. He's very scary indeed.

justMAX and Amberbert like this

I don't think Trump will do or say one outrageous thing that will end his political career. Instead, I think it will be a death of a thousand cuts. Now that Hillary has won the nomination, some very powerful surrogates (Obama, Warren) are going after him with both barrels and, more importantly, the media is FINALLY giving them lots of airtime and column inches to go after him. Every day more moderate Republican are realizing they can't support him and are announcing it to the world. Hillary is drawing away ftom him in the polls. Bring on the debates!

I have a great commercial against Trump:

Show a photo of Trump sitting in the Oval Office next to Putin. Then, post this text: 'What will happen if Putin says something to Trump that Trump doesn't like?" Switch to Trump at the podium-"Get him out, OUT, OUT, in the old days they used to shoot them!"

For those who don't understand the commercial, The "Get him out..." is what Trump would say when there were protestors disrupting his rallies.

Trump only speaks in superlatives. You are either the best or the worst. If you are a member of his family or someone who says something nice about him. you are the best. If you don't agree with him, you are the worst. He says "incredible" a lot. He says "tragic" a lot. Only Trump can fix the world. Trump said that he was the "best friend of the lBGt community, when he should have said the lGBt community. He was such a good friend, he didn't even know how to say the initials correctly.

Trump is totally unfiltered. Right now, he is in the "I could shoot someone and it wouldn't affect the polls" mode. He thinks he can say anything that he wants to say and it will not lose him any of his supporters. He has pushed to Muslim ban so far that he has started to alienate his supporters. As an American, I am embarrassed by his bigotry and his lack of political correctness.

I think his children and his wife are embarrassed by his conduct. He would never allow his children to act the way he has been acting. All he did during the primaries was call people names, like the playground bully. What an example he is for children. He never speaks of how he is going to do anything. It scares me that so many people are following him when there is no reason to believe that he can achieve anything he says he is going to do. Business people do "great deals" with him because they are making money off of him.

He knows more about ISIS than the Generals. He has a "very good brain." Actually, Wharton was a dummies school when Trump went there. He didn't even get in the first time he applied. He transferred there in his 3rd year of college. Wharton is now a great school. He uses that fact to make it appear that Wharton was a great school when he went there. He started calling himself "The Donald" at Wharton. I know someone who went to University of Pennsylvania when Trump was there and he knew him. Trump used to hang out around the tennis team, but no one paid attention to him.

Trump is dangerous. I pray that he implodes himself.

justMAX, foxeylady, Zel and 1 other like this

Observing from the other side of the world with no US media to skew things, it looked like the media actually caused this Trump aberration by giving him so much exposure. While they covered him for his entertainment value primarily, unfortunately it seems many people missed the point & took him & his rants seriously.

It is to be hoped this will not translate to achieving political power as there is no upside for the citizens of America or the world in having such an intolerant & "economical with the truth" person in such a position of power. I wonder if people would refuse to obey orders if they were patently unhinged? I hope so! ✌

There's that, and I think the media and the rest of the country - including political leaders - massively underestimated the power of fear and ignorance in America. That is what Trump uses. There's a faction of people who don't care how much he lies, how ridiculous he sounds, how incompetent he is etc. They just care that he'll build a wall, get the Muslims out, reverse LGBTQ rights, and basically "protect" them from everything they hate and fear. Those are the types who like Trump. Across the pond, there's a lot less bigotry in the general population. Unfortunately, America has a ways to go with that, and Trump has promised the folks who still have issues with certain groups of minorities that he will get rid of those they don't like - or at the very least, keep them in their place.

EDIT: And we could always have him impeached and removed from office if he breaks the law - which he will. 

foxeylady, justMAX and twyla like this

I hope he doesn't get elected to begin with.  His need to get revenge on those against him and other personality traits would get him impeached.  Trouble is he could wreak havoc in a short time and he would be replaced by his hand picked vice president who wouldn't be much different. Most importantly the Republicans would still be in charge of appointing the new Judge of the Supreme Court.  This SCOTUS issue is what I believe is why any republican leader is willing to back Donald.  

I hope he doesn't get elected to begin with.  His need to get revenge on those against him and other personality traits would get him impeached.  Trouble is he could wreak havoc in a short time and he would be replaced by his hand picked vice president who wouldn't be much different. Most importantly the Republicans would still be in charge of appointing the new Judge of the Supreme Court.  This SCOTUS issue is what I believe is why any republican leader is willing to back Donald.  

Yes, SCOTUS is the key. That is a lifetime appointment, and they know that anything that makes it to the Supreme Court that they want done will get shot down if Clinton wins.

And re: Trump - you're right. He's dangerous and so are his supporters. It would take no more than a month or two for him to really do some damage.

justMAX, foxeylady and Lamburger like this

OMG!!  This guy (tweet below) attended a Trump rally and tweeted about it throughout.  He's not a Trump sympathizer; he's a journalist/political writer/professor.  He has put all of his tweets together.  It's chilling and horrifying :(

https://twitter.com/case_face/status/742890971679969280

galorecamping2 likes this

@Foxey-- I have yet to be brave enough to go to a Trump rally. I'd like to, and live tweet/blog it. But those people are frightening. Kudos to this journalist.

It should be mandatory for all GOP Leaders to go to all Trump's rallies.  

Anyone who brought children to this rally has instilled their same values in these little ones.  

It scares me to think there could enough voters in the US to put Trump in the White House.  There were enough voters to make him the presumptive nominee.

Click on new republic.com to read the write up on this rally.  This quote could be the explanation as to why anyone would take DT seriously.

"Trump can be defeated, and most likely he will be, but elections cannot cure this disease. It’s always been here and perhaps it always will be."

Afternoon / West Coast crowd, here's my @NewRepublic dispatch from last night's Trump rally in Greensboro:

(I can't get the rest of the tweet to copy here, but the quote does come from the article on ...)

https://newrepublic.com/article/134329/american-horror-story 

@Twyla, living on the SC/NC border, I've seen exactly what is being described here. Makes me miss CA and NY. I am planning another great escape after I finish undergrad. This place is full of Trump supporters. This journalist is spot on - it's the ugliest thing I've ever seen.

This is something I wrote on a former Bush 41 adviser who refuses to support Trump. Watch the video. It's spot on.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2016/06/14/fmr-bush-41-adviser-destroys-massively-ignorant-donald-trump-video/

foxeylady likes this

I am beginning to have some hope that Trump's ego, will take him down.  I am embarrassed, sad, and disappointed with so many US voters.   What must other Countries think?  Please let him lose by a landslide.!  "Afraid for The United States of America"

galorecamping2 and foxeylady like this

I feel a bit uncomfortable discussing politics and candidates on the forum… but Trump leads me to this:  :(  :huh:  :o  :unsure:  :rolleyes:  :blink:  :wacko:  

LOL, Saffron! Totally understand. Well, Adam waded into it, and Flash Mod gave us the go ahead. 

We're just expressing Trump fears in here for the most part, though, given his frightening rhetoric. 

foxeylady and Zel like this

Here are my thoughts on Trump, from my FB status yesterday:

Donald Trump is the most breathtakingly ignorant person to ever run for president, certainly in my lifetime, and perhaps ever. A lot of folks are wondering what happened, how we got to this point, but I am no longer one of them.

We have a lot of folks in the general population who are uneducated, ignorant, fearful, and bigoted. Donald Trump tapped into that, and used it to whip them up into a frenzy of fear and hate. They do not care about his incompetence, and nor do they care how massively embarrassing he is on the world stage. No, they care that he will "protect" them from all the people and things they hate and fear. He'll deport 11 million people, he'll build his wall to keep new immigrants out, ban all Muslims, keep women in our places, so on and so forth.

I just hate that everyone who could have stopped this - meaning the GOP leadership - was too complacent and massively underestimated the power of fear and ignorance in their party's base. They created this Trump monster. They need to be the ones to squash it.

twyla, Flash Mod, foxeylady and 1 other like this

I don't think there is anything humorous about Trump.  At best he's an embarrassment.  The 'worst' list is to long to even start on.  So far he has stepped on everyone's faces whose name comes out of his mouth.  

I don't think there is anything humorous about Trump.  At best he's an embarrassment.  The 'worst' list is to long to even start on.  So far he has stepped on everyone's faces whose name comes out of his mouth.  

You're right, embarrassing, but more than that, absolutely terrifying.

Also, as an activist/blogger - the one thing I have refused to do is attend a Trump rally. I've been to plenty of Bernie and Hillary events, just to be there to cover, around the nation. One of my colleagues went to a Trump rally where they had to park a couple miles away and ride a "Trump bus" to the actual location. He refused to ever attend another Trump event. He said it was violent, with lots of slurs thrown around and independent vendors selling goods - apparel, buttons, etc - with slogans too vile to post here. One shirt he showed us even had Hillary in a cage with a nasty anti-women slogan. 

That's what we are up against. I keep debating going to a Trump event, but honestly? I've heard enough. Luckily, my awesome boss has made live coverage of Trump events optional rather than mandatory like Bernie/Hillary events.

justMAX and foxeylady like this

No offense but I find Trump kinda entertaining, he is so embarrasing, some of his comments though. You can't say that lol. I Guess being a kiwi I have no investment. While I agree Trump is an embarrasment. And really needs to stop making such reckless statements. Adam is right leave that to the celebs to create scandals. He should be focusing on the policies. But is Hillary that better? Compared to Trump she is a saint, and savour of the masses. But most people are just going to vote for Hillary because she is not Trump. OR most people well vote for Trump, because Hillary is a women. I think Hillarys flawed as well, and has done some silly stuff. But I guess she is better then Trump. Trump as president would be an absolute disaster.