• Announcements

    • Flash Mod

      Members! PLEASE READ Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines BEFORE POSTING

      Before participating in our forum or any other area of AdamOfficial.com please read and acquaint yourself with the following Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines:   http://forum.adamofficial.com/topic/62357-forum-guidelines/   http://www.warnerbrosrecords.com/terms-of-service
    • Flash Mod

      ***HERE is how to access PRESALE CODES, VIP* and Meet and Greet* opportunities.***   01/30/2017

      Before getting down to the business of access to presale codes, etc. please take note:   ***Please be advised that any member publicly posting actual presale codes anywhere on the forum (and possibly elsewhere!) or reportedly through private messages, will be banned from membership here on AO! NO EXCEPTIONS!   Our site here at adamofficial.com (aka AO) is Adam's official record label site, not his official fan club, and is not the place to find presale codes, nor are they provided through the official newsletter.   Presale codes are provided to paid members of Adam's official fan club one to several hours before the presale begins. If you are a paid member you can find the presale code in your dashboard at that site.
      The official fan club, Adam Lambert Fans, can be found here: http://www.adamlambertfans.com
      You must pay a fee to join. I believe the minimum fee is $9.99.
      Any other entity, website, or contact person on Twitter, email, etc. claiming to be representing Adam's official fan club and collecting payments other than directly at the above website is BOGUS, NOT LEGITIMATE!   Any questions you may have concerning any aspect of the fan club, including presale codes, VIP* tickets, Meet and Greet* opportunities, should only be addressed to the fan club moderators, DearBecky and addictedtoadam here on AO in the Adam Lambert Fan Club subforum. Please check to see if your question has already been posted in an existing thread there before posting a new topic. Please do not post questions concerning these subjects anywhere else on the forum. You can find the fan club subforum listed on the main forums page directly under Tour Talk.   The direct link is:
      http://forum.adamofficial.com/forum/30-adam-lambert-fan-club/   Fan club moderators, please correct me on anything I've posted that you find to be unclear or incorrect, through a PM. Thanks.   *Meet and Greet and VIP opportunities may or may not be offered.
foxeylady

Adam tweets concerns about Trump and endorses Clinton

Recommended Posts

It's been a minute since I've  been on AO and I'm not sure what is allowed here in terms of commentary....but was is most concerning to me is that while the Muslim ban is making the headlines and (rightfully) causing outrage....Trump removed the Chairman of  the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Director of National Intelligence as members of  the National Security Council.  He added Steven Bannon- a man with no government, intelligence, or high-level military experience.  Bannon, a known nationalist and white supremacist now sits on the council that was authorized to carry out secret, legal, assassinations of Americans (and others deemed enemies of the United States) without due process after 9/11..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @kickin_in

Yes its get scarier by the day.

We have had protests here in uk every day now. First womans protest then wall then muslim ban and now 1.7m signatures on petition to cancel Trumps invitation for state visit. We have huge protests outside Downing street for the last 3/4 days.

Trump was invited by theresa may after 7 days in office it is usually a couple of years before an invitation is extended. Trump tweeted remarks about the Duchess of Cambridge (kate) in 2012 which makes it very uncomfortable for the Queen. Charles has also spoken out about climate change issue and 'mentioning' the persecution of the Jews.

Its not just the US the UK are now up in arms.

X

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kickin_in said:

It's been a minute since I've  been on AO and I'm not sure what is allowed here in terms of commentary....but was is most concerning to me is that while the Muslim ban is making the headlines and (rightfully) causing outrage....Trump removed the Chairman of  the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Director of National Intelligence as members of  the National Security Council.  He added Steven Bannon- a man with no government, intelligence, or high-level military experience.  Bannon, a known nationalist and white supremacist now sits on the council that was authorized to carry out secret, legal, assassinations of Americans (and others deemed enemies of the United States) without due process after 9/11..

This might be some good news on that front:

http://www.palmerreport.com/opinion/trump-apparently-didnt-realize-steve-bannon-will-need-senate-confirmation-security-council/1282/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is interesting.  It appears that Ivanka may be the enlightened one in the Trump family.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/ivanka-trump-jared-kushner-lgbt-order-234617

I've also read articles about her pushing for women's issues.  Maybe she can rein in her father on some of these things, and counteract Pence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, foxeylady said:

This is interesting.  It appears that Ivanka may be the enlightened one in the Trump family.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/ivanka-trump-jared-kushner-lgbt-order-234617

I've also read articles about her pushing for women's issues.  Maybe she can rein in her father on some of these things, and counteract Pence.

Yeah, don't hold your breath. Do you think Melania's "war on cyberbullying" is going to even slow down Trump's?  He doesn't respect anyone else's opinion, especially if they're a woman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think Melania has any influence over Trump at all.  However--I do think Ivanka does.  I do believe he listens to her.  He put forth that plan for child care assistance (during the campaign) at her insistence.  And if, as the article says, Jared is also in the same corner, we KNOW he has a great deal of influence with Trump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is exactly what Trump is planning -  an official Licence to Discriminate executive order. This will eventually include official discrimination against ALL minority groups, encouraged by VP Pence. There was recently a man shouting racist abuse, stating that Trump is now in charge so he can say whatever he likes. He has already appointed a white supremist to his administration. I'm in the UK and am gobsmacked that Trump was allowed by the Republican Party to eliminate all the other candidates to end up in the White House! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, BlueTeaLady42 said:

This is exactly what Trump is planning -  an official Licence to Discriminate executive order. This will eventually include official discrimination against ALL minority groups, encouraged by VP Pence. There was recently a man shouting racist abuse, stating that Trump is now in charge so he can say whatever he likes. He has already appointed a white supremist to his administration. I'm in the UK and am gobsmacked that Trump was allowed by the Republican Party to eliminate all the other candidates to end up in the White House! 

This is the fruits of the GOP's labors. Years and years of hate radio, Fox News, lies, bigotry, and propaganda has dumbed their base down to this point. They get their news from spin artists and conspiracy theorists rather than mainstream outlets. Trump is the result. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To my Brit friends here:  you may rest easy :)  It seems that the UK has banned Trump from addressing Parliament  :lol:

http://www.palmerreport.com/politics/united-kingdom-bans-donald-trump-from-addressing-parliament/1400/  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, foxeylady said:

To my Brit friends here:  you may rest easy :)  It seems that the UK has banned Trump from addressing Parliament  :lol:

http://www.palmerreport.com/politics/united-kingdom-bans-donald-trump-from-addressing-parliament/1400/  

 

Talk about an immigration ban-- it's a ban of one!  BWAHAHAHA!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@foxeylady @MoovieBassets

This may be so but now John Bercow the Speaker of the House (The Chair) is now under fire for making decisions for all MPs. Also for the comments that he made about Trump. Theresa May refuses to publicly back him up although the Leader of the Opposition has said John Brrcow was right to make the comments he did. He accused him of being racist and sexist and as we need to be in a good position with our relationship with the US some Tory MPs are not happy

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/38889941

X

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been one of those who wants Trumps income taxes made public and obviously been disappointed.   But, now Melania has a libel law suit so this tweet has me hoping big time this will do the trick.

 

Melania Trump tax returns now subject to discovery: her NY libel suit claims injury to her earning ability Does she file jointly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The most important thing about Melania's lawsuit is that she is claiming $150 million in damages due to lost income she could have made on clothes and fragrances she would sell as FIRST LADY and "the most photographed woman in the world." She is admitting she planned to make money from her husband's presidency, which is ABSOLUTELY ILLEGAL!  Ya gotta wonder what kind of lawyers are advising these bozos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Flash Mod said:

Adam auctions signed lithograph to raise funds for ACLU. I wonder what that could be about. 😉

 

One hour ago I wanted to post it and I did not know where, thank you very much Flash . Love His generosity and and commitment...Really an example...as always C4LbhBdWQAElPIH.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, EvaQueenBert said:

One hour ago I wanted to post it and I did not know where, thank you very much Flash . Love His generosity and and commitment...Really an example...as always C4LbhBdWQAElPIH.jpg

I love Adam so much! I feel so grateful to be his fan. Let them call him an activist celeb. He is doing what is right!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WOOHOO!!!  Trump soundly defeated!!  The stay on the "travel" ban upheld.  The stay stays in place while the legal maneuvering continues.  

With each ruling against the "travel" ban, the case looks more dire for the Trump house.

D'ya think he might ever learn that he can't just rule by edict?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, foxeylady said:

WOOHOO!!!  Trump soundly defeated!!  The stay on the "travel" ban upheld.  The stay stays in place while the legal maneuvering continues.  

With each ruling against the "travel" ban, the case looks more dire for the Trump house.

D'ya think he might ever learn that he can't just rule by edict?

Even a Bush appointee ruled against it. I'm actually headed to Lindsey Graham's local office for a protest right now! That's why I haven't been around, busy being part of the #THERESISTANCE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now