• Announcements

• Flash Mod

Members! PLEASE READ Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines BEFORE POSTING

Before participating in our forum or any other area of AdamOfficial.com please read and acquaint yourself with the following Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines:   http://forum.adamofficial.com/topic/62357-forum-guidelines/   http://www.warnerbrosrecords.com/terms-of-service
    • Flash Mod

***HERE is how to access PRESALE CODES, VIP* and Meet and Greet* opportunities.***   01/30/2017

Before getting down to the business of access to presale codes, etc. please take note:   ***Please be advised that any member publicly posting actual presale codes anywhere on the forum (and possibly elsewhere!) or reportedly through private messages, will be banned from membership here on AO! NO EXCEPTIONS!   Our site here at adamofficial.com (aka AO) is Adam's official record label site, not his official fan club, and is not the place to find presale codes, nor are they provided through the official newsletter.   Presale codes are provided to paid members of Adam's official fan club one to several hours before the presale begins. If you are a paid member you can find the presale code in your dashboard at that site.
      The official fan club, Adam Lambert Fans, can be found here: http://www.adamlambertfans.com
      You must pay a fee to join. I believe the minimum fee is $9.99.
      Any other entity, website, or contact person on Twitter, email, etc. claiming to be representing Adam's official fan club and collecting payments other than directly at the above website is BOGUS, NOT LEGITIMATE!   Any questions you may have concerning any aspect of the fan club, including presale codes, VIP* tickets, Meet and Greet* opportunities, should only be addressed to the fan club moderators, DearBecky and addictedtoadam here on AO in the Adam Lambert Fan Club subforum. Please check to see if your question has already been posted in an existing thread there before posting a new topic. Please do not post questions concerning these subjects anywhere else on the forum. You can find the fan club subforum listed on the main forums page directly under Tour Talk.   The direct link is:
      http://forum.adamofficial.com/forum/30-adam-lambert-fan-club/   Fan club moderators, please correct me on anything I've posted that you find to be unclear or incorrect, through a PM. Thanks.   *Meet and Greet and VIP opportunities may or may not be offered.
foxeylady

Adam tweets concerns about Trump and endorses Clinton

14 hours ago, aprildreams said:

Please delete my account.  I have tried, but cannot find the option.  Adam is about inclusiveness, but this website has been hijacked by

a few fascists and if you don't agree with them politically, you get bullied.  I love Adam and have been a member here since the beginning, and even though we may disagree politically about some things, I'm sure Adam welcomes all his fans.  He has been bullied before so he knows how that feels.  I have other Adam fans who feel the same way I do, but are afraid to speak up.  That's scary.  One of the things I appreciate about Adam is his bravery and I think he would be appreciative of my bravery in standing up for myself.  Goodbye to some of the friends I have made here.  I wish everyone safe travels.

Excuse me? I just read through this entire thread and I challenge you to find one single post where anyone posting on this thread bullied you or anyone else who has a dissenting opinion to what's been expressed here about Donald Trump and his administration. Nevermind. Don't bother, because there aren't any.

And no where did I as an administrator say that Trump supporters could not voice their opinions on this thread in support of him or his positions, or defend accusations against him or his administration and family. If you and any other members elected to stay silent in that regard that was entirely your choice. 

However your hypocrisy in calling the members posting on this thread "fascists" because they vehemently oppose a politician you support exposes you as the only bully on this thread. No one called you names or attacked you in any way. No need to delete your account. You are banned from any further participation in this forum because of your attacks on its members.

Lastly, as to your overly broad interpretation of Adam's inclusiveness, I'll just leave you this quote, which was posted earlier in this thread from an interview in which Adam spoke about his dismay at Trump's election as POTUS, and how he feels about those who elected him.

"I think he appealed to a certain type of person that is very opposite to the type of people that I know and respect”

Hi.

Is it ok if I say that I am offended and find it upsetting at being called a fascist, just as other members on this thread. Just because I ask a person to discuss what they are happy about that I find abhorent. I wasnt abusive nor confrontational. As her post was written straight after mine I gather I am of those aprildreams was talking about.

I am in no way shape or form, never have nor will be, a fascist. 

I know better.

X

I want to add a few more words about why this thread has been allowed to continue here on the AO forum.

The main reason the topic was allowed to be posted and discussed was because of Adam's own tweets expressing his concern about Trump's fitness to hold the office of POTUS. Adam rarely gets publicly political and when he does it's because the topic is extremely relevant for him and his feelings are strong. If it's that important for him to choose to make a public statement that risks offending some of his fans then it is absolutely relevant to be discussed here at length on his own official site even if it offends some members. Adam himself did not elaborate by criticizing political parties or other specific politicians, therefore the topic here was strictly limited to just the discussion on Trump's candidacy, campaign, and election and was not allowed to be turned into a forum for members to either promote or lambast other candidates. As long-term members have known for many years, political discussion on a site such as this often brings nastiness and infighting amongst members making the site an uncomfortable place to be. So I had to make the call to keep this discussion topic as limited as possible within Adam's own intent, which was to question Trump's qualifications as a candidate for POTUS, and prevent it from becoming a political free-for-all.

Later Adam tweeted his support for Clinton so discussion was opened up to include her candidacy. 

Nowhere in the thread did any administrator of this forum forbid any member from voicing support for Trump or opposition to Clinton. Most of Adam's fans tend to agree with him on political issues, especially social issues, which may make it uncomfortable for those who disagree to live with that fact and the resulting abundance of anti-Trump discussion if they choose to read or participate in this particular thread. But it is a fact that you do have to live with.

As time went on it  became abundantly clear to anyone that was actually paying attention to anything but fake news sites that Trump's candidacy, campaign, and administration (and now a possible cover-up by some GOP politicians) were worthy of intense scrutiny for possibly serious violations of ethics and even the law, as the connecting dots of the numerous Russian connections began to surface. Not to mention the foreign intervention and manipulation in the U.S. election process! Serious questions from a myriad of people in all walks of life and all political parties, including hundreds of mental health professionals, arose concerning Trump's mental state and his possible allegiance to the leader of a foreign adversary. As such it transcended mere political partisanship and became a unique momentous moment in United States and even world history, extremely relevant to people around the entire globe, and arguably the most serious political crisis the U.S. has ever faced. Considering the gravity and far-reaching consequences involved, the continuation of this topic here on our forum remains an important exception to the long-standing rule of no political discussion. It's just too important and heavily on the minds of many members. And it will continue here until the resolution of these serious issues or Adam or his team decide it is inappropriate.

one of the shining lights amidst the horror and lunacy that is D Trump is witnessing the sheer numbers of people who are standing up and trying to fight against the dangerous, regressive, shortsighted, divisive and hateful polices/rhetoric that Trump espouses. I do not mean to minimize the uphill nature of the fight  - I live in NZ and I know the general mood here is one of 'WTF" and also watchfulness and concern regards the global implications of this presidency - but living in the US must feel like you have been hit by a tidal wave - I am simply saying that it does give me hope, that we see you, we hear you and are wishing you all the strength in turning against the tide.

On 3/23/2017 at 10:48 AM, koula said:

I am in no way shape or form, never have nor will be, a fascist

aww Kou - we know you aren't.  Actually when i think of the word "fascist." the name Donald Trump comes to my mind ;) along with a few other words and his actions and policies pretty much verify them to be true ;) (racist, sexist, islamophobe, homophobe, misogynist ... on so on...)

If I may, a small aside, I want to say I have never in my life had to look up so many new words in such a short period of time.  I look for their meaning and how they are pronounced.  And how I can add them to my vocabulary.  Today's new word is 'hagiography'.  I guessed correctly at it's meaning from the context it was used but went and checked it out any way.  

hagiography |ˌhaɡēˈäɡrəfēˌhāɡēˈäɡrəfēnoun

the writing of the lives of saints.

• derogatory adulatory writing about another person.

• biography that idealizes its subject.

It came up in this article

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/03/graydon-carter-trump-presidency-is-already-a-joke

" When the dust settles, the real history will begin. There might be the occasional hack willing to trot out some semi-fictional hagiography on this administration."

Most of the words I have learned I could have gone the rest of my life without ever needing, but it does leave me a bit more educated. :huh:

Trumps presidency is a joke. Because of Trump. I actually think Trump has some decent policies tbh. Crime Rate down. His Tax Reform e.t.c. I just think he surrounds himself around Yesman like that idiot Paul Ryan. That well tell Trump what he wants to hear. Not what he should. He is an idiot, stop tweeting. Your country needs you, start being a leader. Right now Trump is an awful president, awful. He has four years to turn it all around. As for his healthplan, Obamacare wasen't perfect. But Trump was expecting a bill to pass, that would cost 25 million people their insurance? Alot of the opposition from Republicans. Was that it diddn't repell Obamacare enough. I am also not agaignst the Travel Ban. Within reason. Look what happened in London 3 days ago. Hardline needs to be taken. Trump now needs to work strategizing, and start stabalizing his cabnet. Reassurance is needed. 

Hi @3ku1

Just to clear up for people.

The attacker Khalid Masood that killed the people in uk, was born here and lived here, a uk citizen. His name was Adrian Elms but he converted to Islam as an adult by choice taking the name he now uses, however he has been known by many aliases throughout his life. He has been in and out of the prison system throughout his life. He was 52 years old a father and former English teacher.

So you see its easy to get carried away using previous situations to back up Trumps policy when they arent related. What is happening is that these ppl are being radicalised at home online. There is no need for terrorists to enter the country. 

The internet is a very powerful thing.

Going further with what @koula said:

Almost all of the attacks in recent years (since 9-11) have been carried out by people who had been in the US for many years, even decades.  Omar Mateen (the Pulse shooter) was a US citizen born in Brooklyn.  A recent report from DHS said the same thing:  most attacks are carried out by people who become radicalized many years after entering the country.  Gee, I wonder if the way they are treated here has anything to do with that???

Furthermore, no attacks on US soil have been carried out by people from the 6 countries to which the ban applies.  Ironically, most attackers that are not US citizens are from countries that are NOT on the ban list, specifically UAE, Egypt and Saudi Arabia.

Interestingly, Trump has major real estate holdings or business dealings in those last three countries.  Hmmmm...

I don't want Trump to stop tweeting.  It's a constant reminder to the world as to the kind of person he is.  If he stopped, to many people would assume he has changed who he is for the better.  He will never change his values.  

16 minutes ago, twyla said:

I don't want Trump to stop tweeting.  It's a constant reminder to the world as to the kind of person he is.  If he stopped, to many people would assume he has changed who he is for the better.  He will never change his values.  

Exactly, @twyla

His tweets are the best transparency we could ever have.  The whole world knows what he is thinking.

@koula & @foxeylady thanks for clarifying and elaborating on @3ku1 post.

i AM against Trump's travel ban and find it sad that so many ppl believe that ALL Muslims are terrorists :(

Getting back to Adam's tweet expressing His concerns for Trump's candidacy for POTUS - looks like Adam was spot on     

"International chaos and division"

Within days of Trump's EO regarding the Travel ban, we had an attack on a mosque in Quebec City 

Justin Trudeau: ‘Make no mistake – this was a terrorist attack’ http://globalnews.ca/news/3214488/justin-trudeau-statement-quebec-city-attack-mosque/

ITA that this was NO coincident and it was fallout from Trump\s travel ban....

On 3/22/2017 at 11:01 AM, aprildreams said:

Please delete my account.  I have tried, but cannot find the option.  Adam is about inclusiveness, but this website has been hijacked by

a few fascists and if you don't agree with them politically, you get bullied.  I love Adam and have been a member here since the beginning, and even though we may disagree politically about some things, I'm sure Adam welcomes all his fans.  He has been bullied before so he knows how that feels.  I have other Adam fans who feel the same way I do, but are afraid to speak up.  That's scary.  One of the things I appreciate about Adam is his bravery and I think he would be appreciative of my bravery in standing up for myself.  Goodbye to some of the friends I have made here.  I wish everyone safe travels.

You are promoting  a president and vice president who wish to make many Americans - including Adam, me, and many other fans - into second-class citizens.So, you love him, but don't think he deserves the same rights that you have? You think Muslims should be banned from entering the country? You think it's okay for Trump and other men to grab women "by the p*ssy?" You think pathological lying and colluding with foreign adversaries is okay? You think racism is okay? 

I am reasonably sure that Adam would not want such policies promoted on his official fan site. In fact, his own public statements say so.

3 hours ago, carter_ said:

Most Trump voters hate LGBTQ people anyway. One look at his VP's statements and lifelong public record, along with that of others around him like Steve Bannon and Jeff Sessions, says all we need to know about Trump's values in this arena. They voted for him anyway. That tells me all I need to know about them. This isn't left vs. right, liberal vs. conservative anymore. This is bigotry and hatred vs. love and tolerance. I have no use for anyone who could vote for Trump and feel good about it. That means, IMO, that by proxy they are bigots. It means that they don't care about me, so many other people, and our well being. So why I should care what they think, I don't know.

Edited by galorecamping2
clarification

On 3/23/2017 at 1:01 AM, Flash Mod said:

Excuse me? I just read through this entire thread and I challenge you to find one single post where anyone posting on this thread bullied you or anyone else who has a dissenting opinion to what's been expressed here about Donald Trump and his administration. Nevermind. Don't bother, because there aren't any.

And no where did I as an administrator say that Trump supporters could not voice their opinions on this thread in support of him or his positions, or defend accusations against him or his administration and family. If you and any other members elected to stay silent in that regard that was entirely your choice. 

However your hypocrisy in calling the members posting on this thread "fascists" because they vehemently oppose a politician you support exposes you as the only bully on this thread. No one called you names or attacked you in any way. No need to delete your account. You are banned from any further participation in this forum because of your attacks on its members.

Lastly, as to your overly broad interpretation of Adam's inclusiveness, I'll just leave you this quote, which was posted earlier in this thread from an interview in which Adam spoke about his dismay at Trump's election as POTUS, and how he feels about those who elected him.

BEST. MOD. EVER. 

On 3/26/2017 at 0:51 AM, 3ku1 said:

Trumps presidency is a joke. Because of Trump. I actually think Trump has some decent policies tbh. Crime Rate down. His Tax Reform e.t.c. I just think he surrounds himself around Yesman like that idiot Paul Ryan. That well tell Trump what he wants to hear. Not what he should. He is an idiot, stop tweeting. Your country needs you, start being a leader. Right now Trump is an awful president, awful. He has four years to turn it all around. As for his healthplan, Obamacare wasen't perfect. But Trump was expecting a bill to pass, that would cost 25 million people their insurance? Alot of the opposition from Republicans. Was that it diddn't repell Obamacare enough. I am also not agaignst the Travel Ban. Within reason. Look what happened in London 3 days ago. Hardline needs to be taken. Trump now needs to work strategizing, and start stabalizing his cabnet. Reassurance is needed. 

Trump is interested in sowing discord and spreading bigotry. As for the travel ban - it makes us LESS SAFE. And the nations on the list have never exported terrorism to the US. Suspiciously enough, nations that HAVE exported terrorism are NOT on the list, because Trump has business dealings there. Further, people are much more likely to be radicalized here than abroad. Know who he is keeping out? Dying children in need of medical treatment, interpreters who have risked their lives to help Americans, women fleeing sexual violence...you know, people who pose no risk whatsoever. This is nothing but a Muslim ban by another name, make no mistake. 

On 3/26/2017 at 4:49 PM, twyla said:

Also, his tweets are so stream of consciousness, usually done some fit of rage/tantrum, that we know what he is really thinking. It hinders the ability of White House officials to further spread propaganda.

6 hours ago, galorecamping2 said:

You are promoting  a president and vice president who wish to make many Americans - including Adam, me, and many other fans - into second-class citizens. So, you love him, but don't think he deserves the same rights that you have? You think Muslims should be banned from entering the country? You think it's okay for Trump and other men to grab women "by the p*ssy?" You think pathological lying and colluding with foreign adversaries is okay? You think racism is okay? 

I am reasonably sure that Adam would not want such policies promoted on his official fan site. In fact, his own public statements say so.

@galorecamping2 hi babe. when i read the posts that Trump supporters have made here, i wonder the same as well

IDK if this sounds at all accurate because it really does baffle me as well IDK maybe they are fans - of Adam's music, but as that's maybe as far as it goes?  Maybe caring about Adam as a person - seems they have no regard for that?  or for any regard for others that are being targeted and affected by Trump's bigotry? 

I guess what i;m trying to say, ifs that they like Adam's music, but don't have the same values and beliefs that Adam has?  Adam, as a person - they don't feel much for.  It's sad and hard to understand for sure.....  I think bigotry, racism, homophobia etc.. are so deep rooted in ppl.  Adam HAS enlightened many of these ppl - however, sadly, some are never going to change their hateful beliefs.... Even Adam's message of love, tolerance, and acceptance is going to be lost on some huh?  very sad. (I'm not trying to make excuses for these ppl - like you and many others, i'm trying to wrap my head around this ;)

it's good to see you here Galore, i know you've been busy fighting the good fight - you & others that are resisting are TRULY trying to make America great again - i'm proud of you babe *:-* kiss

2 hours ago, carter_ said:

@galorecamping2 hi babe. when i read the posts that Trump supporters have made here, i wonder the same as well

IDK if this sounds at all accurate because it really does baffle me as well IDK maybe they are fans - of Adam's music, but as that's maybe as far as it goes?  Maybe caring about Adam as a person - seems they have no regard for that?  or for any regard for others that are being targeted and affected by Trump's bigotry? 

I guess what i;m trying to say, ifs that they like Adam's music, but don't have the same values and beliefs that Adam has?  Adam, as a person - they don't feel much for.  It's sad and hard to understand for sure.....  I think bigotry, racism, homophobia etc.. are so deep rooted in ppl.  Adam HAS enlightened many of these ppl - however, sadly, some are never going to change their hateful beliefs.... Even Adam's message of love, tolerance, and acceptance is going to be lost on some huh?  very sad. (I'm not trying to make excuses for these ppl - like you and many others, i'm trying to wrap my head around this ;)

it's good to see you here Galore, i know you've been busy fighting the good fight - you & others that are resisting are TRULY trying to make America great again - i'm proud of you babe *:-* kiss

Hey  @carter_, I'm not sure. It makes me very sad. But, I'd think that simply admiring someone's music wouldn't make a fan go to a fan site. A fan site is a much more intimate experience for a much more devoted fan. All I can think is that some of these folks are his fans from Idol who, before he came out, were in complete denial that he was gay. If you even dared to *suggest* it, they were insanely defensive and acting like you had committed a crime. After he came out, they were, again, ridiculous. They sent him bibles, said he should find a woman to marry, said he was confused, said he should be a Christian...all kinds of things that completely disrespected who he is as a person. 

So, they're likely fans of that variety. I'm just hoping that that interview that Adam gave where he said the type of person that would be a Trump supporter isn't the type of person he knows or respects will be enough of a blatant clue for them to leave him alone. Adam is inclusive, yes - but it's pretty clear how he feels about bigotry.

And thank you! Yeah, between work, getting ready to go back to school, and the Resistance, I'm pretty pooped. I'm here during work hours today, just didn't have a lot of hands on stuff to do. :)

4 hours ago, galorecamping2 said:

You are promoting  a president and vice president who wish to make many Americans - including Adam, me, and many other fans - into second-class citizens.So, you love him, but don't think he deserves the same rights that you have? You think Muslims should be banned from entering the country? You think it's okay for Trump and other men to grab women "by the p*ssy?" You think pathological lying and colluding with foreign adversaries is okay? You think racism is okay? 

I have removed the offending statement within the above post calling another member a bigot. Considering I had to take action against that member for calling other AO members fascists I would think other members would realize their behavior needs to be on a higher level of discussion. Please refrain from name calling and stick to the issues as they stand. You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. ;)

Also, it's quite unfair to call out a member who no longer has posting privileges here since she cannot reply, so please do not quote her when posting. It's always better to address the issues generally in as persuasive manner as possible without personally addressing other members. 

14 minutes ago, Flash Mod said:

I have removed the offending statement within the above post calling another member a bigot. Considering I had to take action against that member for calling other AO members fascists I would think other members would realize their behavior needs to be on a higher level of discussion. Please refrain from name calling and stick to the issues as they stand. You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. ;)

Also, it's quite unfair to call out a member who no longer has posting privileges here since she cannot reply, so please do not quote her when posting. It's always better to address the issues generally in as persuasive manner as possible without personally addressing other members. 

Sorry, I didn't realize she was gone. I apologize. I was just kinda giving tit for tat since she called us fascists.

EDIT: I only scanned that big long post because I was on a phone. I see now where you said you were removing her. I apologize again.