• Announcements

• Flash Mod

Members! PLEASE READ Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines BEFORE POSTING

Before participating in our forum or any other area of AdamOfficial.com please read and acquaint yourself with the following Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines:   http://forum.adamofficial.com/topic/62357-forum-guidelines/   http://www.warnerbrosrecords.com/terms-of-service
    • Flash Mod

***HERE is how to access PRESALE CODES, VIP* and Meet and Greet* opportunities.***   01/30/2017

Before getting down to the business of access to presale codes, etc. please take note:   ***Please be advised that any member publicly posting actual presale codes anywhere on the forum (and possibly elsewhere!) or reportedly through private messages, will be banned from membership here on AO! NO EXCEPTIONS!   Our site here at adamofficial.com (aka AO) is Adam's official record label site, not his official fan club, and is not the place to find presale codes, nor are they provided through the official newsletter.   Presale codes are provided to paid members of Adam's official fan club one to several hours before the presale begins. If you are a paid member you can find the presale code in your dashboard at that site.
      The official fan club, Adam Lambert Fans, can be found here: http://www.adamlambertfans.com
      You must pay a fee to join. I believe the minimum fee is $9.99.
      Any other entity, website, or contact person on Twitter, email, etc. claiming to be representing Adam's official fan club and collecting payments other than directly at the above website is BOGUS, NOT LEGITIMATE!   Any questions you may have concerning any aspect of the fan club, including presale codes, VIP* tickets, Meet and Greet* opportunities, should only be addressed to the fan club moderators, DearBecky and addictedtoadam here on AO in the Adam Lambert Fan Club subforum. Please check to see if your question has already been posted in an existing thread there before posting a new topic. Please do not post questions concerning these subjects anywhere else on the forum. You can find the fan club subforum listed on the main forums page directly under Tour Talk.   The direct link is:
      http://forum.adamofficial.com/forum/30-adam-lambert-fan-club/   Fan club moderators, please correct me on anything I've posted that you find to be unclear or incorrect, through a PM. Thanks.   *Meet and Greet and VIP opportunities may or may not be offered.
naughtytiffy

Rumour has it - X Factor **UPDATE: Adam CONFIRMED as Judge!

72_EmoticonsHDcom.png   Pretty sure Shoshanna would be aprised of anything said if it was significant ... it is not a closed space.  

There is a fine line between "bashing" and just expressing an opinion, and I think most of us are careful to stay on the right side of the line, especially as Adam is such a model for such things himself 67_EmoticonsHDcom.png   Having said that, sometimes the TONE of the comment comes across as overly negative, whether intentional or otherwise, and that can be disappointing.

ITA - some of us do see it as bashing when Adam's choices for HIS life, HIS career, HIS choice of team are criticized.  - and when it is insinuated  that all he cares about is a paycheck  and that he doesn't care.

noticed that the OP of this thread - a new poster to AO from OZ hasn't returned.  Hope it isn't due to the turn her celebratory thread took...

@naughty - hope you're still around?

@Adamites, I thought about you and @Jen right after I got this news  :) It's awesome that Adam is still in Europe but we all need him, right? And it'll be your turn soon ;)  (and other Australian fans too :D )

@Amberbert, I think when it popped up on my Twitter feed I may have actually squealed out loud!!!!!!!  :D Then spent the rest of the week telling everyone I spoke to, hahaha  :P 

Now I have to 'juggle my life' so I can organize a trip up north to see our angel, damn these late notice appearances lol wink-and-flirt-smiley-emoticon.gif

@Adamites are you planning to go see the live shows?? They've already posted links for tickets for the auditions but no real word on how much of the judges we'd see for those!

ITA - some of us do see it as bashing when Adam's choices for HIS life, HIS career, HIS choice of team are criticized.  - and when it is insinuated  that all he cares about is a paycheck  and that he doesn't care.

noticed that the OP of this thread - a new poster to AO from OZ hasn't returned.  Hope it isn't due to the turn her celebratory thread took...

@naughty - hope you're still around?

I partially understand what you are thinking, but this forum is also about what we think or else why bother to post thoughts and opinions, and it isn't always going to be all kumbaya. 

OPs come and OPs go, and while I also hope the new OZ poster is still around and will post again, it isn't fair to insinuate that the poster is no longer around because of the turn the thread took. Things always come back around to kumbaya after all. 

I partially understand what you are thinking, but this forum is also about what we think or else why bother to post thoughts and opinions, and it isn't always going to be all kumbaya. 

OPs come and OPs go, and while I also hope the new OZ poster is still around and will post again, it isn't fair to insinuate that the poster is no longer around because of the turn the thread took. Things always come back around to kumbaya after all. 

yes lots of insinuating - i did say that i "hope" that's not why the OP isn't around - sharing my thoughts - which is allowed as you said ;)  on that thought of insinuating not being fair - the same could be said for insinuating that Adam and His team aren't making wise decisions isn't fair either. ;)

TBH i *thought* the sharing of things that fans find frustrating belong in this forum >>> http://forum.adamofficial.com/forum/27-the-vent/

Personally i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee Kumbaya - awesomeeeeeeeeeeee song! awesomeeeeeeeeeee way 'o life as well ;)

thanks for partially understanding tho @Saffron :)

yes lots of insinuating - i did say that i "hope" that's not why the OP isn't around - sharing my thoughts - which is allowed as you said ;)  on that thought of insinuating not being fair - the same could be said for insinuating that Adam and His team aren't making wise decisions isn't fair either. ;)

And insinuating that Adam doesn't gaf  ;)  Does anyone really believe that?

@Amberbert, I think when it popped up on my Twitter feed I may have actually squealed out loud!!!!!!!  :D Then spent the rest of the week telling everyone I spoke to, hahaha  :P 

Hi @Jen! good to see you here  :) As to the squealing - perfectly understandable. I'd do the same thing, including the talk. Well, this is a news that everyone should hear  :D  :D  

It doesn't have to be all kumbaya, but there's a certain way it can be done or even should be done. Hell, I would know best, since I've done it plenty of times! And no one, not even one person said anything negative about some of the more negative things I've written in my beginings here. On the contrary, people respected my opinions and were thoughtfully accomodating me and my needs to a point where it all seemed unbelievable, because it's Adam's fansite and I was downright doubtful and sometimes quite judgmental, but always trying to be respectful. 

What I'm trying to say is that I don't think criticizing will ever be frowned upon, not here (if something like that happens, I'll be the first person to speak up), but there's a difference between criticizing and bashing and I feel like some things here were crossing this line. And don't treat this as some warning 'do not say negative things', more as 'try to be respectful' to Adam, his team but also to the people here.

FYI this whole focus on the US and UK market needs to end. Adam is a international star, and that is where he is big. The US and UK can wait, or lose Adam to the world, so what they had their chance, they have had 8 years LOL. And yeah stop bashing ADam and his team. WBR have been hell of supportive with Adam. They have signed Adam to a multi album deal. SOme of you just don't know what goes on behind the scenes, ton of logistics. We all want Adam to be the biggest music star on the planet. But in this day in age its 2016. We get information and media on so many different formats, we can just filter it. So a mass media star like say Michael Jackson, or even currently Taylor Swift. May not happen for Adam. But heck he is bloody succesful. If I was a casual and I Read he was going to be a judge on Xfactor anywhere. I think Hmm that is a very popular singing show. The fact Adam who I have not seen since Idol, is judging in such a high profile gig must mean he has the cred to do so. Then I well go to google, wiki. He fronts Queen on a world tour?!?! Damn kids done pretty well for him self :D. He is also going to be RHPS, well hell I may as well quit my job and join The Minute Men :D. So you know, just look at this as a fun gig, that well offer Adam tons of publicity and exposure, and lead to more oppurtunities. Or you can be overly pessimistic whatever, just I choose to look at the positives. 

I get where you are coming from, but, the thing is, Adam is an American, who got his start on well AMERICAN Idol. You cannot divorce him from that. Also, your math is off - he ended his American Idol run in May 2009. That was 7 years ago.

All of us who found him on Idol love that he is an international superstar. However, like it or not, his home is here, until he chooses to go elsewhere to gain citizenship or live. I don't think the US connection (can't speak for UK), will ever end. I get it. As Americans, we like it when  he is  home, so we can watch his appearances on television and have the chance to go see him live. I Suspect his international fans feel the same. No one nation or continent owns Adam or any other artist. Nobody is losing him, we can all enjoy him. There's no reason to rail against his home country though. Apologies if I am wrong, but it just seems you may have a bit of a negative view of America, which saddens me, because Adam is an American and so am I.

HI Everyone

There is so much on this thread that I want to quote but I wouldnt be able to find it all if I went back over so I will just say whats on my mind. ( like I usually do) 

Firstly before my post is misread/ misunderstood there is no offence meant in any part of it.

The X Factor AU.

Adam came from a reality show we know that of course and he has always spoken about Idol with fondness and with positivity He is aware that what it can do for people who have talent is give them "a platform" as it did for him. Adam would be no 'International Superstar' had it not been for that show and he knows that. He would not have had the chance to be a 'has been' ( I cant remember who said that judges on these shows usually are sorry) because he would never have 'been' in the first place. I am talking about the music industry as we know it not musical theatre

To be given the opportunity to be an X Factor judge is fantastic for him. Now, of course I dont know Adam and cant pretend to know what he thinks about it all but I can hazard a guess. Adam gets to - witness young people with a raw talent, based on his experience judge whether he thinks their talent can be honed,whether they are ready, whether they will ever be ready. He gets to give his advice even at the audition stage and even if the auditionee is not taken through to next stage, to guide them on what he feels they need to do. He gets to brainstorm with the other judges/mentors as to the suitability of the auditionees once they are at the stage of picking the lucky few. This will be a positive experience for Adam, its not just all about him giving his advice he will gain a lot from this as well. 

Why has Adam been chosen for this? He is supremely talented vocally, he knows the music business (has had enough and probably more sh*t to deal with than a lot of artists). He knows the strength a person needs, he wants to guide and encourage and instill confidence and a whole load of other things that because he is experienced I wouldnt know but he would. Lets face it, he has also been chosen because he is personable, kind and good looking ( they need pretty faces).

So why the hell would all of that not be a hugely positive step for Adam. Why the hell would he want to turn that down? He would be crazy! If he has time in his schedule.... We arent talking about someone who has nothing else to do in the year. He has a packed schedule. He is a busy man, he is a successful man. Success isnt just making it in the US and UK music charts although that is massive acheivement and he would love that. If its not happening you turn to other things you are great at. You dont just sit there trying over and over not getting anywhere and crying.

He is popular in Australia.

The Shosh/Adam bashing

If Adam thought that Shoshanna was somehow to blame for his lack of chart success she would have been gone years ago, he's not stupid ( Fleur said "savvy" and thats what he is).

I actually dont understand why anyone thinks she is to blame anyway. Ever since I joined the ride that is Adam loving I have heard people time after time going on about Shoshanna isnt doing this, Shoshanna isnt doing that, she should be doing this. ( this was on a certain fb page) but now its spilling over to AO and Im sorry but it gets right on my nerves and its a broken record.

Once and for all. Shoshanna is Adams publicist. A publicists job is to manage the publicity of a person.

One of Adams problems is his demographic. The demographic he attracts is not the demographic that streams and/or buys from itunes. IMO no matter how much promo he gets he is still going to attract the same demographic. Yes, before anyone says, I know Adele, Sam Smith, John Legend and more. To my knowledge none of them have the baggage he has (sorry to bring it up but it is a huge part of the reason Adams success has been more difficult than theirs) Putting Adam on a TV programme to perform is not going to be a fruitful as putting say Adele on, so her publicist and his publicist both make their pitch who wins out? Its much harder for her to get 'gigs' for Adam.

WBR

So WBR picked Adam up immediately that he left his last label because they know he is extraordinarily talented and make them a lot of money ( thats what they are after they arent his best friends, they are a business). TOH was extremely successful in a lot of countries and GT did very well in a lot of countries also. We all need to remember that the world doesnt start and stop with the US and UK. I get the part about WTTS not being sent to radio is disappointing but this goes back to difficulty getting gigs and a record company that needs to make money not throw it away.

Adam is not WBR only client and neither is he Shoshannas.

Here is given on a plate the chance to do something he would love and that will make his management money.

Things arent all rosy all the time I know and it is important for all of us to discuss our feelings whatever they may be after all that is what 'Adam Discussion' is for but I just get fed up of the same thing coming around and around.

I think every one of us here on this forum wants the best for Adam but sometimes we cant always see the wood for the trees so concentrate on our frustrations instead of looking into the 'half full glass', 

Im really pleased about Adams new 'job', Im really pleased about his QAL tours, about his own music, own tours, his TV work, his modelling...the guy has so much going on is it really the end of the world if he doesnt make it in the US and UK charts?

Sorry this post is so very long I didnt set out for it to be. haha Think I need a bite to eat now!

Karen x

The original Glamberts - those of us who found him on Idol - were his original fans. I don't think he or anyone around him wants to forget where he got his start or who his first fans were.

Galore, this makes me sad :(

Im not an "original Glambert" nor one of his "first fans" I wasnt allowed that privilege because Im British but I also know how important it is to remember and be appreciative of where you came from. Please done think we newer fans are all the same. :wub:

x

Galore, this makes me sad :(

Im not an "original Glambert" nor one of his "first fans" I wasnt allowed that privilege because Im British but I also know how important it is to remember and be appreciative of where you came from. Please done think we newer fans are all the same. :wub:

x

Don't be sad, Karen! I didn't mean it that way at all! I just was saying that the idea that he wants to cut the Idol Glamberts loose seems kinda off to me, that's all.

It doesn't have to be all kumbaya, but there's a certain way it can be done or even should be done. Hell, I would know best, since I've done it plenty of times! And no one, not even one person said anything negative about some of the more negative things I've written in my beginings here. On the contrary, people respected my opinions and were thoughtfully accomodating me and my needs to a point where it all seemed unbelievable, because it's Adam's fansite and I was downright doubtful and sometimes quite judgmental, but always trying to be respectful. 

What I'm trying to say is that I don't think criticizing will ever be frowned upon, not here (if something like that happens, I'll be the first person to speak up), but there's a difference between criticizing and bashing and I feel like some things here were crossing this line. And don't treat this as some warning 'do not say negative things', more as 'try to be respectful' to Adam, his team but also to the people here.

One of the hardest lessons I learned here - and Flash Mod can tell you this - is that positivity is key. I was once one of the lightening rods of AO back in the day. It's a lesson Adam teaches and preaches a lot himself, to be positive and persevere. I think we can disagree while respecting each other. IMO, at the end of the day, Adam is smart, successful, and seemingly happy. He's the most compassionate human being ever. Even beyond his music, the best gift he has given me is his positive spirit. He made me a better person, and that is a big reason being a Glambert is such a gift for me. It became about more than music for me a long time ago.

As a fan, I don't need to agree with everything that happens with Adam, or his team, or with other fans. IMO just since we all respect the ideas and spirit of the man to whom this fan site belongs, we're A-OK (and the rules set forth by Flash Mod and the moderation team, of course). I can enjoy him as a musician and a person just the same. :)

Just dropping by to give my two cents on the subject of criticism of Adam and his team.

It's one thing for members to wonder about whether Adam's team is doing their best by him and entirely another thing to state that they are not doing what they should be doing. Unless a member is a label or management insider or a fly on the wall of either, no one here has any clue what is actually going on behind the scenes of the management of Adam's career. Nor does anyone here have a clue as to what Adam's feelings and desires actually are on the subject unless he comes right out and states them.

Members of this forum all need to keep in mind that this is Adam's official artist site, owned and run by his label. So while expressing some mild concern and wonder about the management of his career might be acceptable here, bashing either label or management is not, especially when opinion is based on very little knowledge of the facts.

Also, when you consider that Adam's official site is where potential new fans might come to first to get info on Adam and see his own existing fans expressing concern over his LACK of success, that can turn these new fans off to following and supporting him, as perception is reality in the entertainment industry. Think about it. Is that really the perception you want to give potential new fans?

Nice post, Galore.  :)  We may not all be on the same songbook page, but we are all sitting around the same campfire.  :D  B)

Aww, thanks Saffron. :) You're so right. We're all camping out with Adam!

One of the hardest lessons I learned here - and Flash Mod can tell you this - is that positivity is key. I was once one of the lightening rods of AO back in the day. It's a lesson Adam teaches and preaches a lot himself, to be positive and persevere. I think we can disagree while respecting each other. IMO, at the end of the day, Adam is smart, successful, and seemingly happy. He's the most compassionate human being ever. Even beyond his music, the best gift he has given me is his positive spirit. He made me a better person, and that is a big reason being a Glambert is such a gift for me. It became about more than music for me a long time ago.

As a fan, I don't need to agree with everything that happens with Adam, or his team, or with other fans. IMO just since we all respect the ideas and spirit of the man to whom this fan site belongs, we're A-OK (and the rules set forth by Flash Mod and the moderation team, of course). I can enjoy him as a musician and a person just the same. :)

Love this :wub:  'Positivity' a girl after my own heart

x