• Announcements

• Flash Mod

Members! PLEASE READ Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines BEFORE POSTING

Before participating in our forum or any other area of AdamOfficial.com please read and acquaint yourself with the following Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines:   http://forum.adamofficial.com/topic/62357-forum-guidelines/   http://www.warnerbrosrecords.com/terms-of-service
    • Flash Mod

***HERE is how to access PRESALE CODES, VIP* and Meet and Greet* opportunities.***   01/30/2017

Before getting down to the business of access to presale codes, etc. please take note:   ***Please be advised that any member publicly posting actual presale codes anywhere on the forum (and possibly elsewhere!) or reportedly through private messages, will be banned from membership here on AO! NO EXCEPTIONS!   Our site here at adamofficial.com (aka AO) is Adam's official record label site, not his official fan club, and is not the place to find presale codes, nor are they provided through the official newsletter.   Presale codes are provided to paid members of Adam's official fan club one to several hours before the presale begins. If you are a paid member you can find the presale code in your dashboard at that site.
      The official fan club, Adam Lambert Fans, can be found here: http://www.adamlambertfans.com
      You must pay a fee to join. I believe the minimum fee is $9.99.
      Any other entity, website, or contact person on Twitter, email, etc. claiming to be representing Adam's official fan club and collecting payments other than directly at the above website is BOGUS, NOT LEGITIMATE!   Any questions you may have concerning any aspect of the fan club, including presale codes, VIP* tickets, Meet and Greet* opportunities, should only be addressed to the fan club moderators, DearBecky and addictedtoadam here on AO in the Adam Lambert Fan Club subforum. Please check to see if your question has already been posted in an existing thread there before posting a new topic. Please do not post questions concerning these subjects anywhere else on the forum. You can find the fan club subforum listed on the main forums page directly under Tour Talk.   The direct link is:
      http://forum.adamofficial.com/forum/30-adam-lambert-fan-club/   Fan club moderators, please correct me on anything I've posted that you find to be unclear or incorrect, through a PM. Thanks.   *Meet and Greet and VIP opportunities may or may not be offered.
twyla

Follow up Album to The Original High

It's interesting to hear how everyone came to be a fan of Adam.  I didn't watch Idol but I heard so many people talking about him in particular that I looked up his performances on You Tube.  And I was hooked from the first note!  :wub:  :wub:

Karen- I was a bit opposite from you.  I definitely thought of Queen as 'that band with We Will Rock You' and really only knew them because of the headbanging scene in Wayne's World. When QAL was announced I bought tickets because of Adam.I figured even if I didn't know any songs it would still be awesome becasue Adam woudl be singing.   Before the show I listened to some Queen albums and realized I recognized more songs (Under Pressure, Fat Bottom Girls) but when reading the set lists from the QAL shows that happened before mine there were many songs I didn't know.  So I sort of re-discovered or fully discovered Queen through Adam.  The band was just before my time and I only associated them with sports stadium anthems.  I had of course heard the name FM and knew he passed away and had fronted Queen but didn't know any other band members or that they had toured with PR...but now their music is on my rotation of what we listen to around the house

Saffrom- yes I was referring to Shosh and DMG not WBR ;) .  A publicist's relationship with writers will impact the success of a press campaign and Shosh doesn't seem to have relationships with mainstream media (just based on where Adam gets covered and where he doesn't).  A bunch of artists have dropped her recently (I think Usher, Lion Babe, Pharrell, Lion Babe, Nathan Sykes) and itt would be great if he would sign with a group like 42West- a legit firm with strong contacts.  Adam never seems to stop moving and if all this great stuff he does found it's way into media outlets read/seen/followed by the general public it would be a great opportunity to expose him to new audiences.  Look at NJ or DL- they are everywhere because they are repped by people with clout.

So true Galore.  Almost every Glambert who first encountered Adam during his Idol run can pinpoint the exact moment they were smitten. It was Black or White for me, and Simon summed it up perfectly when he said that Adam was in a completely different league from the others.  I never looked back.

Many of our newer Brit Glamberts can pinpoint either the XFactor UK appearance with Queen, or their NYE show as their 'point of no return'. 

I've been an obsessed Idol fan since the show's inception, and am really sad to see it go. However, as far as being a huge fan goes, there's been 4 I really loved - Kelly Clarkson, Clay Aiken, David Cook, and, of course, Adam. However, my fangirling of the others never even came CLOSE to how I feel about Adam. He's really the best contestant the show ever saw. Further, I think the folks associated with the show know that, considering that he is the ONLY contestant to ever be a mentor and a guest judge. 

I dont know many people who would refer to Queen as " this is a band with the song We Will Rock You"!!!!

Karen, you reminded me of a discussion I had maybe two years ago with a girl who thought "We will rock you" was written for a Pepsi ad with Britney Spears, Beyonce and Pink and that Queen did a cover of this...  :lol:

Hi all! I'm sooooo thrilled that we have some news about the 4th album already!!!!! :D :D

I really think that Max and Shellback are entitled to 2nd round (or 3rd if you please)! But seriously, is it possible to have a new album out this year?  :huh:  I think that at least Adam would have to give much of the power to Max/Shellback if they were to do it that quickly.

Karen, you reminded me of a discussion I had maybe two years ago with a girl who thought "We will rock you" was written for a Pepsi ad with Britney Spears, Beyonce and Pink and that Queen did a cover of this...  :lol:

*facepalm*

Wow! :rolleyes:

But then again, I always say that there is no shame in not knowing something you were never even taught on. :)

All my dear,

I would like you to first of all to honestly apologize for my behavior yesterday, and my response to the following album of Adam. I didn’t want anyone to spoil his sheer enthusiasm of Adam's new music, all of us, no doubt indescribably beautiful surprise, totally absorb, gets on our knees, takes over our hearts as well as the whole, completely whole world!

I teamed it with the idea of a high probability of another new tour. And since I haven’t hope that Adam will visit the Czech Republic, it dominated my mood and makes me really was pretty sad! So I'd like him wanted to see and hear live!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And because I'm getting sick and I don’t really what to do, I invent craps, but this one I like.
Even if it's just an exclamation idle, I have to try. I decided to entice Adam on a tour to the Czech Republic. Time to think will have more than the sea.

All right then...

Dearest Adam,

in the Czech Republic you are very welcome, and more than that. You know that.
I start something like this, you don´t have to worry about where you sleep, dwell. You don´t pay crazy money for a hotel Intercontinental, Hilton or Four Seasons etc.

This would be to you as a guest disrespectful.

You're welcome to my humble little flat, if you're demanding. I can arrange something like half must be 4 Seasons, okay?! Offer for accommodation is of course free. And I'm sure that you will enjoy with me, I love France and its Provance, so I'm in this style had arranged my housing. I know that you prefer a different style of living, but still nobody is disappointed, quite the contrary.

I will not let you hungry, I can cook, and when I cook for 2 or more people, so I was well entertained, and it can even be eaten. I think you like sweet. You don’t have to worry, I can sweets and cakes. By itself, I'm sweet and how! You tell yourself!

Your privacy is a matter of course to me and I will fully respect! But your bodyguards will have to go to that hotel didn’t enter it to me and I don’t like constant supervision.

One bodyguard at home I have, named Sam, has three years, is originally a street mix, but wonderful with amazing characteristics, the watchdog as it should be (for the sausage would let the thieves), a friend (unfortunately each) and weighs about 40 kg, I’m writing for your idea with whom you have the honor. And then I've got Jerry. Jerry is with me briefly came to me over the balcony, climbed up over the wall, is as Spiderman, feared the storm. Maruška, my neighbor, who is 8 years old, begged me to let him, still have 5 kittens. When I saw Tom (my boyfriend) as playing with him, I couldn’t him just leave.

Tom is always or mostly in the job and no offense, but I wouldn’t let you with him, I really love him and I'd hate to lose him.

And you don’t have to worry, I'm completely harmless! Crimes don’t support, I have a clean criminal record, no drugs, I don’t smoke almost 5 or 6 years, I'm almost a teetotaler, I like fun, I’m cordial, wrong make out the irony and sarcasm, so it don’t use, please, and then I'm all that usually writes. I work as a paramedic. I hate milk soup (childhood trauma) and I love everything that is the opposite of evil or wrong.

I'm 35 years old, I measure 184 cm, I weigh 71.5 kg, I have brown eyes, but when I want, so sometimes my eyes are green and sometimes I see red!

Now my hair pretty blonde, cut short, but not too much, like you, but not one of those psycho Elvis wave above the forehead.

I would show you Prague, I lived there for 10 years, I know very well there. To this day I go the Karlův most (Charles Bridge) from Václavské náměstí (Wenceslas Square) up to the third attempt, this just isn’t giving. But I know there a lot of great, beautiful, historic places that are worth your attention. And finally, I know many wonderful places where you can go to have fun. You will love it and never want to leave!
If you wanted a little different fun and very good I would take you to my friends on Moravia, beautiful area, beautiful and nice people, very warm people. From Moravia I have the best friends. They are very cheerful and have a wonderful vineyards and Moravian wines. But the more I will not reveal. You see for yourself...

Where would you like give concerts, you'll have to pick yourself up, I don’t know what you prefer. But if you don’t mind that such "open air", then you could have performances in our town on a very nice meadow, farmers would certainly have been incredibly happy, too. It's a bit behind where I live. You wouldn’t loiter somewhere far away.

And If you love sport, it would also have been no problem, especially if you're running happy as I’m, perhaps on the bus, on the train, to the shop, a pharmacy etc.

No, I’m lying. I really like running, just not now.

If I would have bothered you in the apartment, it would suffice to say, we can live with my boyfriend at his home.

If you still wonder anything, feel free to ask. I know that you will find your way. But I don’t believe you answer me and on tour just not coming.

Repeatedly I wrote you one question, it’s very easy to answer, I was always very polite, no vulgarity etc. But you do nothing, you still remain silent.

Those answering only celebrities and the people who extol thee, and they climb into favor you, so my question remains about forever unanswered.

My offer is still valid, so you deliberation.

PS: I don’t know why I'm writing all this here, because I read somewhere that among yours fans to AO not go and you don’t care what ails them or what interests them, what they like. I write a lot of personal things, but that doesn’t matter, because no one here has no known me. You know what I mean.

I guess, I'm writing here, I'm kind of like therapy for me, I'd probably call it.

Okay! Everyone present, have fun!

Hi Kickin in

I think in this case you must be younger than me then.

I was born in the 70's and knew of Queen from being a young girl.

Although maybe its because Im British.

Maybe its all an Adam scenario. He is well known and successful all over the world but has difficulty in the US. 

Maybe Queen, although famous and success through out the world werent known at that point in the US.

Karen x

oh wow.. Good luck Max.

Kickin in Okay interesting.  I see what you are saying. :)   I always thought those are labels' deals.  No ideal who's responsible for those hip outlets for people to make aware of artist (buzzfeed, noisey vice jezebel ..) I think 'people' is more female gossip oriented.  I guess just like company restructure, it probably takes time to add/adjust different team members etc.  However, didn't he changed his band members and it worked out well?  If there was an app call 'pop star strategy', i would definitely download it and play it. 

And, my previous posts should probably be in general customer feedback section not in a fan forum. :)

One of the poster said he is way better than 2013, I agree.  I used that as example because that is the only one in his official youtube channel with all complementary comments.  Other official ones are in Queens and some not flattering comments. 

Most of us here go look for his performances on youtube (for hours lol)? if so, do you think he should some how link fan's youtube to his channel?  So, it saves people trouble in 'randomly discovered this awesome guy'.

For some reason, it seems people became big fans after seeing him 'singing'?  

Ok I found out this person perfectly describe it https://badassalterego.wordpress.com/2015/03/22/104/

dopamine- the original high ;)  Earlier in his career, i found it uncomfortable that fan forum flooded with inappropriate stuffs, I think she explained it well.

So, how can it be translated to, let's say, a music video (because it has the most traffic)?  I ask it as a general discussion.  Do people get that dopamine response when you hear his songs.. or do you need the performance associated with it, like after you saw a performance in glee you become a fan?

Just speaking for myself, I particularly like the roof top performance of ghost town for some reason. I also like most of FYE MV.  I don't really like ALN mv.

this is only confirmation I could find was on PopCrush

" ... I think I’ll start working on stuff in the Fall "

Adam has at least 3 'million sellers' - WWFM, IIHY and GT, plus MW went Top 20 Billboard and top 3 iTunes. His 3 albums went Top 3 in many countries. His solo and collaborative tours have full houses every stop. He's enjoying the in-demand career he's always wanted. I'm glad he is staying in the music lane with this new album and tv judge gig.

this is only confirmation I could find was on PopCrush

" ... I think I’ll start working on stuff in the Fall "

Adam has at least 3 'million sellers' - WWFM, IIHY and GT, plus MW went Top 20 Billboard and top 3 iTunes. His 3 albums went Top 3 in many countries. His solo and collaborative tours have full houses every stop. He's enjoying the in-demand career he's always wanted. I'm glad he is staying in the music lane with this new album and tv judge gig.

hiya @2015 - so happy to "see you" - yes, more exciting times ahead for Glamberts and our Adam huh?  awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check out this tweet:

http://www.entertainment-focus.com/tv-section/tv-news/adam-lambert-joins-the-x-factor-australia/

EEEEEEEEE For those who weren't sure EEEEEEEEEEE

CljjbGiWIAAXORD.jpg

AND THIS!!!!!!!

1. @shoshannastone Is the last sentence of this article factual, or mere speculation?

0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

View Tweet activity

More
User Actions
 Following
Snapshot_2009-02-01_18-12-09_bigger.jpgshoshanna stone@shoshannastone

@Glambert2821 that's our press release

@2015 - here bb - these posts kinda got lost in the... whatever ;)

Ok.  I forgot to mention, during TOH tour.  A very important part is the speech, I was touched and impressed.  I guess I didn't expect him to actually say something like that.  The message like the lyrics of the song Imagine.   Message resonates with diverse group and wide range of people, not matter age, color, sex, etc.

Had I not attended the concert, I would. not. know.

What does his brand stand for? Ask fans they can tell you..outside of fans, i am not sure.  Lets say ask a random person who had never watched any of his performance, does not know much about queen, send that person the singles/a copy of TOH, listen and ask that person what is the message? (Personally, I would interpret the album message lonely but hopeful, great songs overall.)

He has a beautiful voice.  I hope a single release by this fall when he has TV facetime.  Also, I hope only clean singles release because initial fans brought the album when they release 2nd single there is no buzz anymore, plus multiple versions also make it hard to find.  Beside added pr, maybe some help with social media? I am glad he changed his snapchat handle.

Call me a dreamer, S Q 2, I dream

What does his brand stand for? Ask fans they can tell you..outside of fans, i am not sure.  Lets say ask a random person who had never watched any of his performance, does not know much about queen, send that person the singles/a copy of TOH, listen and ask that person what is the message? (Personally, I would interpret the album message lonely but hopeful, great songs overall.)

72_EmoticonsHDcom.png   Not sure that Adam wants to be seen as a "brand" given his many interviews, speeches etc. etc. about not being put in a box and being allowed to be himself in all his colours and talents and choices.   But the overall impression a non-fan would get from his media appearances is positivity and a wish for acceptance by and between different peoples.    He is very rarely portrayed in a negative light ... before I was an obsessed follower (77_EmoticonsHDcom.png) I only knew what I saw in the media, and all TV interviews, articles etc.  were  positive ... even the time he had a fight with Sauli the follow up was totally positive when Adam took full responsibility for the behaviour & what led to it, not trying to hide behind the usual celebrity shield, and I admired that even before I found out more about him.

I also don't think you get an image of the artist from one album ... most artists I have been interested in over the years changed around their "messages" for each album depending on where they were at in life, career etc. etc. (most glaring example David Bowie and Queen).   Personally I would find that limiting and have got bored with artists who don't refresh themselves (and I'm not meaning a re-make of themselves or their music, but fresh ways of being who they are)

Adam's core is his voice, which can sing anything to the best, and his ability to put emotion and heart into it.   We all know he is mostly better live, and the only thing would be if the producers of his album could replicate that in the studio.   I think that happened on "Underneath" when it was recorded, for whatever reason.

I know another artist (Guy Sebastian, his new co-judge on Australian Idol)  recorded a whole album of songs in 2007 with most being done in one take, live in the studio with the musicians, and I felt it sounded the most like a live performance of anything studio I have heard.   (Mind you, the "band" was the Blues Bros/Booker T & The MG's musicians from the STAX Records house band who used to record with Otis Redding etc., and they recorded old school onto analogue tape with everything recorded together.)

It seems a lot of today's music is more in the mixing, rather than in the actual PERFORMANCE in the studio, because the artist is not actually performing to the mood/sound of the musicians or electronic instrumentation that will end up on the track.

Doesn't mean you don't end up with an outstanding product at the end ... I'm up for however Adam wants to do things 04_EmoticonsHDcom.png

So true Galore. Almost every Glambert who first encountered Adam during his Idol run can pinpoint the exact moment they were smitten. It was Black or White for me, and Simon summed it up perfectly when he said that Adam was in a completely different league from the others. I never looked back.

Many of our newer Brit Glamberts can pinpoint either the XFactor UK appearance with Queen, or their NYE show as their 'point of no return'.

@Welsh Fleur, @foxeylady, @galorecamping2, totally agree! I remember being so excited every week to see what Adam would do next during his Idol run! And although now it almost seems clichéd, when he did Mad World and had me and my girlfriend speechless on our couch all the way over here in Oz, I knew I was totally hooked!