• Announcements

• Flash Mod

Members! PLEASE READ Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines BEFORE POSTING

Before participating in our forum or any other area of AdamOfficial.com please read and acquaint yourself with the following Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines:   http://forum.adamofficial.com/topic/62357-forum-guidelines/   http://www.warnerbrosrecords.com/terms-of-service
    • Flash Mod

***HERE is how to access PRESALE CODES, VIP* and Meet and Greet* opportunities.***   01/30/2017

Before getting down to the business of access to presale codes, etc. please take note:   ***Please be advised that any member publicly posting actual presale codes anywhere on the forum (and possibly elsewhere!) or reportedly through private messages, will be banned from membership here on AO! NO EXCEPTIONS!   Our site here at adamofficial.com (aka AO) is Adam's official record label site, not his official fan club, and is not the place to find presale codes, nor are they provided through the official newsletter.   Presale codes are provided to paid members of Adam's official fan club one to several hours before the presale begins. If you are a paid member you can find the presale code in your dashboard at that site.
      The official fan club, Adam Lambert Fans, can be found here: http://www.adamlambertfans.com
      You must pay a fee to join. I believe the minimum fee is $9.99.
      Any other entity, website, or contact person on Twitter, email, etc. claiming to be representing Adam's official fan club and collecting payments other than directly at the above website is BOGUS, NOT LEGITIMATE!   Any questions you may have concerning any aspect of the fan club, including presale codes, VIP* tickets, Meet and Greet* opportunities, should only be addressed to the fan club moderators, DearBecky and addictedtoadam here on AO in the Adam Lambert Fan Club subforum. Please check to see if your question has already been posted in an existing thread there before posting a new topic. Please do not post questions concerning these subjects anywhere else on the forum. You can find the fan club subforum listed on the main forums page directly under Tour Talk.   The direct link is:
      http://forum.adamofficial.com/forum/30-adam-lambert-fan-club/   Fan club moderators, please correct me on anything I've posted that you find to be unclear or incorrect, through a PM. Thanks.   *Meet and Greet and VIP opportunities may or may not be offered.
carter_

Happy 4th of July to our American Glamberts! (Adam's SBB performances)

It's the 5th of July and I am still watching/listening to the SSB - I think Adam should close (or open) every concert with it, taking an example from Queen, who close their concerts with the British anthem.

It's the 5th of July and I am still watching/listening to the SSB - I think Adam should close (or open) every concert with it, taking an example from Queen, who close their concerts with the British anthem.

Hi Roxanne

Yes but bear in mind the only reason they sing it is because its "God Save The Queen" not because its our national anthem!!

I dont think they would be singing it if it were Rule Brittania as some think it should be! haha

I think you Americans are far more patriotic than a lot of the Brits. You seem to have a special place in your heart for the SSB, very proud. :wub:

I dont know anyone who feels like that about ours, although there will be many many who do, my circle is a drop in the ocean compared to the population. 

I think it might be strange for him to sing it in other countries though but in the US? Why not! Ive never heard it sung better :)

x

Hi Karen, I guess there must be some disagreement about God Save the Queen (or King), some articles on the internet referred to it as the British National Anthem, but I only called it the British anthem because I didn't research it that much.  Apparently it has long been a popular tune, I read that In total, around 140 composers, including Beethoven, Haydn and Brahms, have used the tune in their compositions.

Regarding the SSB, I guess the reason it is so special is the circumstances under which the lyrics were written.  The original flag, about which the song was written, has been preserved and is now on display in a museum in Washington DC. I went to see the exhibit a few years ago, it was quite touching. There is a website all about the flag, it's pretty interesting.  There is even an MP3 of the old English tune that, oddly enough, was used as the melody for the song.

NMAH | The Star-Spangled Banner: The Flag that Inspired the National Anthem

Even though I loved the Broadway Bares rendition of the SSB (it's my favorite, of course) I think Adam might have to tone it down a bit if he ever sang it at the Superbowl or other such event.  

And that the SSB is referring to the Brits sending artillery fire towards one of the Forts.....

I think patriotism means different things to different people , I'm Welsh, British, European but not always necessarily in that order.

As a former British Army Officer I pledged my alegiance to Her Majesty the Queen her heirs and successors and meant every single word of it then and still do but I'm not very jingoistic. I find our National Anthem dull, bit of a dirge truth be told but we rarely hear it except at sporting events etc so it's okay.

Now there is one National Anthem I do however sing with gust and if I weren't out for Dinner tonight would be singing at the top of my voice and crying at the same time and that of course is the most beautiful Welsh National Anthem, goosebumps

Ps there is a connection with the 4th of July as a number of the founding US politicians Welsh Blood including both John Adams and Thomas Jefferson

British Anthem/British National Anthem, same thing Roxanne doesnt matter what you call it. Some just call it God Save The Queen. Queen will still be singing it even when Charles has taken the throne, it has become their anthem thats why they sing it. dont think God Save The King applies do you. haha

I personally, like I hinted to earlier would have liked Rule Brittania as our Nation Anthem "Britons never, never, never shall be slaves"!

God Save The Queen? yes fleur...dull.

My Mam is Welsh and I love the Welsh National anthem. Its a song of pride! Even just the melody conveys it, its a beautiful piece of music on its own. :wub:

x

Just wondering if you Brits are aware that we Yanks appropriated the tune of God Save the Queen for a patriotic American ditty called My Country 'Tis of Thee.

There have been, at various times in our history, moves to make My Country 'Tis of Thee the national anthem because the SSB is soooo difficult for the average person to sing.  Wouldn't that have been interesting?  Our national anthem with a melody stolen from the Brits?   :lol:   :o

1 hour ago, koula said:

Hi @Roxanne

What is the controversy about the footballer and SSB? Does he refuse to sing everytime? Has he given a reason?

X

Hi @Roxanne

What is the controversy about the footballer and SSB? Does he refuse to sing everytime? Has he given a reason?

Hi Koula, 

It's been in the news a lot recently.  As a protest of police brutality against black people and other forms of racial injustice,  San Francisco 49ers quarterback, Colin Kaepernick, has been refusing to stand for the anthem.  Perhaps if we want to discuss it, it might be better in the Off Topic forum, but here is an article that gives some good details about it, citing a lot of different opinions.   

It just seemed a bit ironic because it received a lot of news coverage here in San Diego, Adam's home town, when the 49ers and Chargers played recently and I thought, too bad Adam wasn't singing the SSB that day.  It would have been a great day for it with it being his home town, plus he had auditioned for Idol in San Francisco and is probably popular among those fans.  I am not sure if Adam's singing the anthem might cause any controversy, but you never know what people are going to protest these days.   

p.s. the link wouldn't attach for me, but you can probably find lots of info in the internet, just search Google or other with Colin Kaepernick name, the article I was referring to was in the LA Times, but he is on Twitter, etc