• Announcements

• Flash Mod

Members! PLEASE READ Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines BEFORE POSTING

Before participating in our forum or any other area of AdamOfficial.com please read and acquaint yourself with the following Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines:   http://forum.adamofficial.com/topic/62357-forum-guidelines/   http://www.warnerbrosrecords.com/terms-of-service
    • Flash Mod

***HERE is how to access PRESALE CODES, VIP* and Meet and Greet* opportunities.***   01/30/2017

Before getting down to the business of access to presale codes, etc. please take note:   ***Please be advised that any member publicly posting actual presale codes anywhere on the forum (and possibly elsewhere!) or reportedly through private messages, will be banned from membership here on AO! NO EXCEPTIONS!   Our site here at adamofficial.com (aka AO) is Adam's official record label site, not his official fan club, and is not the place to find presale codes, nor are they provided through the official newsletter.   Presale codes are provided to paid members of Adam's official fan club one to several hours before the presale begins. If you are a paid member you can find the presale code in your dashboard at that site.
      The official fan club, Adam Lambert Fans, can be found here: http://www.adamlambertfans.com
      You must pay a fee to join. I believe the minimum fee is $9.99.
      Any other entity, website, or contact person on Twitter, email, etc. claiming to be representing Adam's official fan club and collecting payments other than directly at the above website is BOGUS, NOT LEGITIMATE!   Any questions you may have concerning any aspect of the fan club, including presale codes, VIP* tickets, Meet and Greet* opportunities, should only be addressed to the fan club moderators, DearBecky and addictedtoadam here on AO in the Adam Lambert Fan Club subforum. Please check to see if your question has already been posted in an existing thread there before posting a new topic. Please do not post questions concerning these subjects anywhere else on the forum. You can find the fan club subforum listed on the main forums page directly under Tour Talk.   The direct link is:
      http://forum.adamofficial.com/forum/30-adam-lambert-fan-club/   Fan club moderators, please correct me on anything I've posted that you find to be unclear or incorrect, through a PM. Thanks.   *Meet and Greet and VIP opportunities may or may not be offered.
carter_

Adam took part in “Hands” A song for Orlando proceeds to benefit Equality Florida Pulse Victims Fund

21 posts in this topic

Britney Spears, Pink, Selena Gomez Join 'Hands' for Orlando: How the All-Star Song Came to Life - Billboard.com

Jennifer LopezGwen StefaniJason DeruloMeghan TrainorJuanesPink,Mary J. BligeSelena Gomez and Britney Spears are among 24 artists featured on a new recording to raise money for victims of the Pulse nightclub massacre.

The all-star release, "Hands" -- a charity single from Interscope Records with support from GLAAD -- was conceived by hit songwriter Justin Tranter, co-writer of Justin Bieber's "Sorry" and hits for Gomez, DNCEFall Out Boy and Stefani. The June 12 slaughter at the gay nightclub in Orlando, which killed 49 people and injured 53, is the most deadly mass shooting in American history and the deadliest act of violence against the LGBT community. Funds from the song will aid families with medical care, counseling and will also be used for education.....

Aligning with Interscope for the release, Tranter, GLAAD and Interscope president of A&R Aaron Bay-Schuck put the word out that a fundraiser was in the works. Within days artists from all spheres of the business had lined up -- also among them Halsey,Ty Herndon, Dan Reynolds of Imagine DragonsAdam Lambert, The Trans Chorus of Los Angeles, MNEKAlex NewellMary LambertPrince RoyceJussie SmollettNate Ruess and RuPaul -- all recording separately from their homes, local studios, touring locations or wherever they happened to be at that moment.

"We assigned everybody what we thought would be the best part for their voice," Tranter says, "and we asked them all to sing an additional part, just in case. But everybody got it done in time so we ended up with extra vocals."  

Read full article here http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7424145/britney-spears-pink-selena-gomez-hands-orlando

(Adam recorded His part in  Luxembourg.)

(Adam at 2:50)

Lyrics on Interscope's website with breakdown of each artist's part http://genius.com/Interscope-records-hands-a-song-for-orlando-lyrics

Buy "Hands" on itunes https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/hands-single/id1130519695?app=itunes

Thank you so much, dear carter. Its so beautiful message. Seriously, I adore this kind of union of artists - singers with the intention for the good and right thing.

I mean, to honor and pay tribute to the memory of someone. It’s unusually human and merciful.

Right the first time I fell in love with "Hands". And these words, wow, they are gorgeous. It touched me, brought tears to my eyes. For these treasures I’m very glad, just grateful. Because music, across the world, nationalities, cultures and in the mix of foreign languages, as the only force gives understanding and a sense of belonging.

PS: And I love the cover image. Seriously and no doubt it’s the perfect gesture. I think
someone was inspired by the "Creation of Adam" by Michelangelo Buonarroti in the Sistine Chapel, but rightly so.

I think the connection is truly successful.

:)

phoen1x, carter_, Anka87 and 2 others like this

No doubt some of the recognition is because of Adams high profile on LGBTQ issues, but a headline is a headline is a headline

The good news these days seem continually... So happy for him! :D

justMAX likes this

I'm soo late for everything these days. Sometimes I just hate my work for taking so much of my time and energy. 

So I heard this song just now and I found it very, very touching and heart-warming - the lyrics are so beautiful, the production is great, but the most important thing is how many people felt like they needed to do something  :wub:  (or, in their case, sing something). And also the article from Huff Post is almost as moving as the song, reading about how they all were in different places and still managed to record it on time... I was suppose to wait until the morning to buy it, but I can't wait so many hours. 

Anka87, justMAX and carter_ like this

Just now was able to really listen with headphones and all. It's a lovely song. A bit too "mixed" with so many different voices but I get that it's not suppose to be "a normal song". I liked the parts where they sing "a milliion hands can...". And the whole song kind seems to rise to another level after Adam's part. :)

Anka87, Amberbert, carter_ and 2 others like this

I only listened to the song once thus far,

could not pick out Adam's vocals on it,

anyone able to spot Adam's vocals (on the red marker guage) ?

Hi 2015!

No wonder, because he has such a wonderful voice and a huge vocal range, incredible. There are songs that I can't believe Adam is singing, because don't hear that there's a his magic "standard". I'll try to help you. I really hear him at 2:50, he sings: "Hands," and then at 2:55 with such a ho-u ho o (don't worry, I don't mean Santa Claus), then no doubt that you didn't find him, he sings in the chorus. It takes repeated listening, I suggest headphones, the experience is more significant, at least for me. Today I listened to that song all night, I turned it around and around. I don't know when I'll have enough. Seriously! It's so beautiful. But I have to take a break, because when I hear it, I can't help to myself and I cry, clutching my heart. Then I have puffy eyes and look like a mole in the sun.

I finally got around to buying this song, and it really caught my attention, even from the opening notes. This is going to be the perfect lyrical dance to choreograph to for my students this year :) What a story to tell. It reminds me a bit of "We Are the World" with how some of the voices really stood out over others. I usually don't like songs that have a ton of artists in them, but this one is really good. 

justMAX, carter_, Amberbert and 1 other like this

(...) It reminds me a bit of "We Are the World" with how some of the voices really stood out over others. I usually don't like songs that have a ton of artists in them, but this one is really good. 

It was my first thought when I heard this song. Not only because of the voices but its purpose too. 

Anka87 likes this

It reminded me of WATW also but I was thinking how weak and whiney the vocals are on this song compared to how powerful they were on WATW. No comparison. Not a fan of the song but glad Adam was a part of it because it was for a good cause.

Anka87, justMAX and Amberbert like this