• Announcements

• Flash Mod

Members! PLEASE READ Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines BEFORE POSTING

Before participating in our forum or any other area of AdamOfficial.com please read and acquaint yourself with the following Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines:   http://forum.adamofficial.com/topic/62357-forum-guidelines/   http://www.warnerbrosrecords.com/terms-of-service
    • Flash Mod

***HERE is how to access PRESALE CODES, VIP* and Meet and Greet* opportunities.***   01/30/2017

Before getting down to the business of access to presale codes, etc. please take note:   ***Please be advised that any member publicly posting actual presale codes anywhere on the forum (and possibly elsewhere!) or reportedly through private messages, will be banned from membership here on AO! NO EXCEPTIONS!   Our site here at adamofficial.com (aka AO) is Adam's official record label site, not his official fan club, and is not the place to find presale codes, nor are they provided through the official newsletter.   Presale codes are provided to paid members of Adam's official fan club one to several hours before the presale begins. If you are a paid member you can find the presale code in your dashboard at that site.
      The official fan club, Adam Lambert Fans, can be found here: http://www.adamlambertfans.com
      You must pay a fee to join. I believe the minimum fee is $9.99.
      Any other entity, website, or contact person on Twitter, email, etc. claiming to be representing Adam's official fan club and collecting payments other than directly at the above website is BOGUS, NOT LEGITIMATE!   Any questions you may have concerning any aspect of the fan club, including presale codes, VIP* tickets, Meet and Greet* opportunities, should only be addressed to the fan club moderators, DearBecky and addictedtoadam here on AO in the Adam Lambert Fan Club subforum. Please check to see if your question has already been posted in an existing thread there before posting a new topic. Please do not post questions concerning these subjects anywhere else on the forum. You can find the fan club subforum listed on the main forums page directly under Tour Talk.   The direct link is:
      http://forum.adamofficial.com/forum/30-adam-lambert-fan-club/   Fan club moderators, please correct me on anything I've posted that you find to be unclear or incorrect, through a PM. Thanks.   *Meet and Greet and VIP opportunities may or may not be offered.
carter_

UPDATED. Invitation to send positive vibes & Get Well wishes to one of our beloved AO family members

hi @justMAX yw Bro Bro.  When i was coaching our WHA Youth Team, the Youth members did some volunteer time at TEAD (our area therapeutic riding association)  I was thrilled to see an old friend of mine - "Red" - a schooling horse that i learned to ride on when i was a lil girl. Red was donated to TEAD when he grew too old to cart lil kids around the riding school. ;)

15 hours ago, justMAX said:

And the last question ... Will stop sometime Blesk?

IDNT so - Blesk just tooo fast bb

Image result for hold your horses running horse gif image

5 hours ago, sweetygirly said:

Tom,

I am glad that my prior post touched you. It was meant to.

The dog I am speaking of is a specially trained service dog. It takes about two years to train these dogs to assist disabled people with their daily activities. These dogs are not typical pets, but the people who have them love them like they were their children.

This is not the dog in my photo. That dog passed away a few years ago. The one in the photo is the new one. The dog in the photo I use on this site is "Sweetie the Smartest Dog." Look her up on youtube. There are several videos there. She did things that no other dog could do. She will actually talk to you. You might get a chuckle from it.

https://www.youtube.ky/watch?v=fEJ3nLa7Qhs&Title=service-dogs-in-training-wheelchair-training.html

Thank you very much for the link. You're very kind. I'm very sorry for your loss. Wow, I do not know how you do it, you got so much energy, commitment and a faith that everything is and will be good, but it's amazing and wonderful. 

2 hours ago, carter_ said:

hi @justMAX yw Bro Bro.  When i was coaching our WHA Youth Team, the Youth members did some volunteer time at TEAD (our area therapeutic riding association)  I was thrilled to see an old friend of mine - "Red" - a schooling horse that i learned to ride on when i was a lil girl. Red was donated to TEAD when he grew too old to cart lil kids around the riding school. ;)

IDNT so - Blesk just tooo fast bb

Image result for hold your horses running horse gif image

Wow! He is so gorgeous. I love that his freedom of movement. You're all probably have a heart of gold and I do not know how to explain it. But that does not matter. I am pleased to knowledge that there are people just like you.

Good afternoon,

I just would like to say something, share something nice and maybe someone will be beautiful day or at least a more beautiful day. And I'd like to introduce you how Adam music can help and contribute to healing. And I promise, then I'll give you peace and I will not bother you with my another emotional outbursts.

Early this morning, Dan came to me, he's a little boy, he soon will be 10 years old, he has no one, is incredibly brave. He is one of the people, for which I'm extremely grateful that I have the honor to know. He's a huge fan of our Adam. He surprised me that he came to see me, or arrived in a wheelchair, how you want. He no longer needed, he just lay there, slowly rehabilitating and he is even in the same department as me. So I'm actually very happy man.

Before, I never knew him, one doctor got the idea to try to change his resignation by giving him someone to keep company, and the doctor asked me. Nurses took me to see him a little over a week. He was indescribably sad, nothing would force him at least a little to smile. So I tried it with the music, the first choice of course was our Adam. I put headphones him and released the song Never Close Our Eyes. Wow, you should see the smile, and his eyes how suddenly brightened. Indescribably beautiful and moving. And he began to speak, he asked if I'm a fan of Adam etc. Until that moment, he didn't know no fan of Adam and how he was surprised and happy when I told him that I know his other fans. And the best part was when I gave him the greetings and wishes a speedy recovery (perhaps I may naming) from dear Carter, Gale, Traci, Pat, Ana, Shu-fen and Jen. How much he was pleased, he had tears and was very grateful and proud that this in a certain way he can knows these kind ladies.

This is embarrassing to admit, but it doesn't matter, everyone has some suffering, and everyone is trying to cope in different ways.

At night I didn't sleep, I cried like a turtle, I was all very sorry, I don't understand why this had to happen, what I deserved it, what evil I have done and why my dad hasn't come to visit me and why my mum, except 2 visits, just call me?! Oh God, how I hate phones. But thank God for my sister. For František, he is 74 years old, we went fishing together, and he is a wonderful man and a true friend, and I can't forget Ondřej. Ondra is a brilliant young doctor, when he comes to visit, doesn't behave as a doctor, just like a friend, anyway works at another hospital. This reminds me of how I read somewhere - in the whole world is 7,428,000,000 people, and I have (now) only 3 friends! But I will not stop thanking for them.

Rare is only one true friend. If the accident didn't happen to me, I would have happily continued to live in all of the lie, in the belief that I have many true great friends and that I'm the happiest person under the sun because I believed that I was living with someone who loves me more than anything else in the whole wide world, as I do him. F**k it!  I don't know what is better, if it makes sense to live life in sweet mode of ignorance, or simply in reality, but I prefer the second option...

But I digress much. What I wanted to say is that Dan, this little hero, he came to me, he had to notice how I was crying, but nothing to say. Just stroking my hair and said: "I just wanted to say hello and that I miss you. I still have the cell phone from you. Thank you, and thanks to you I can listen to Adam. I thought that I don't have favorite song from him, I love all his songs. But I found that I like most Ghost town, I know it's a sad song, but for me it has the meaning that my heart isn't like a ghost town, because I know I'm not alone, I have you, you're my friend, and if you let me, I'll help you, just as you helped me, just like that, because I love you." And then hugged me and I cried for a change like an elephant, but it was tears of happiness.  Seriously, children are a gift from God.

2 hours ago, carter_ said:

@justMAX thank you for sharing Maxie :wub: we love you so very very much.  Please tell Dan that we are voting on your poll as much as for you & Dan as we are for Adam - another #1 for next week ;)

here are a few gifs for Dan and you sweetie

Image result for adam lambert ghost town gif imageImage result for adam lambert never close our eyes gif image

Oh sweetie :wub:, that's very kind of you. Thank you for a hundred thousand times. All of you, I'll tell him and show Adam in motion. Wow, I look forward to his uniquely happy responses. Until that happens, I'll tell you about it.

@justMAX

Hi Max

Never Close Our Eyes was the perfect song for you to play to him how very appropriate in the situation you both find yourselves in. 

Despite your own terrible injuries you still find the state of mind to think of another.

Thats courage:wub:

Karen x

9 hours ago, justMAX said:

Good afternoon,

I just would like to say something, share something nice and maybe someone will be beautiful day or at least a more beautiful day. And I'd like to introduce you how Adam music can help and contribute to healing. And I promise, then I'll give you peace and I will not bother you with my another emotional outbursts. (...)

Before, I never knew him, one doctor got the idea to (...) 

Hi Tom! :)

What a lovely story! You were right, it really was something nice to share and it did make me very emotional! Thank you for sharing. :wub:

Please, feel free to share your "outbursts" when ever you feel like it. This was a wonderful story and it was about Adam's music too, so it was very much approppriate and appreciated as well. :)

I find it truly incredible that you chose Adam's song for him to listen even without knowing he was a fan!! :o :wub: You must have been meant to cheer each others up.

Have a good weekend, dear Tom. <3

*hugs*

Dear Karen and Albi,

You are very kind, thank you for those words. But courage or be strong enough to help someone I lack, I don't have this gift. I just can't say NO! And then when I suddenly saw a small child so alone in the big bed with lots of apparatus around, with cannulas in the hands, with all the injuries and with bruises and empty look, it's very shocked me. To be honest my heart stopped. Children should have beautiful memories of their childhood, as well as experience it and not feel pain, to have suffering, and especially to be on it all themselves.

Never Close Our Eyes, the song I chose because I had noticed that the kids love it, especially a music video. I didn't take into account the words of that song. My first intention was to play him Naked Love. This song I really love. Formerly, I'm dancing for my sister when she was sad, and when she was really very sad, I even sang (I wouldn't wish this experience, nor the enemy), but it was a guarantee for success. I like the melody, is such a playful, cuddly and cheerful, but I wasn't sure how much it's suitable for children, God forbid, I then had to explain the meaning of the song, just what Adam wants to say. And I didn't know if Dan can speak English, or how well does he know English.

But he learns English since he was 5 years old. All Adam songs he has translated and printed from the Internet and their content knows, is clever and can understand many things about which Adam sings. When he tells about them, he is such an enthusiastic and yet dreamy, smiling.

And the best thing is to hear him when he tells why he has so much love Adam.

It was all just one big fluke.

Also, I wish you a nice weekend. Hugs and kisses to the UK and Finland :)

On 16. 9. 2016 at 2:55 PM, carter_ said:

@justMAX thank you for sharing Maxie :wub: we love you so very very much.  Please tell Dan that we are voting on your poll as much as for you & Dan as we are for Adam - another #1 for next week ;)

here are a few gifs for Dan and you sweetie

Image result for adam lambert ghost town gif imageImage result for adam lambert never close our eyes gif image

Dear Carter,
this is for you from Dan. I can not describe the joy of your contribution, so here I show you for an idea how excited he was and how much thank you.

tumblr_inline_mpmaj0VjCl1qz4rgp.gif

large.gif

tumblr_lystn1RJky1qe5j4i.gif

tumblr_o0jliuJLF01uqyk52o1_500.gif

tumblr_o3o8c2Xfow1qfhve9o1_500.gif

a3.gif

https://psv4.vk.me/c415820/u175457159/docs/770f639b16c3/tumblr_o4cyuqEJfu1vnwoxoo1_250.gif?extra=5grQERhsQsESuMP6T3Tf2mbTfSRhQgLaWUtHuNacP0xL1YRkh3f9J4WiWbHCTmP5fiV8uOWfda43xNX7JRqpM1ElkLtpRMocoraSaDzW

tumblr_static_a51viwoefmokgs8w4g80occsc.

tumblr_m2w167aAo81qhdukwo4_250.gif

tumblr_static_china1.gif

tumblr_o3ordxiKVC1qlq3dvo2_250.gif

Tom,

If you had not had your accident, who would this child have turned to? You were there when he had no one and you cannot understand how much your friendship and companionship means to him. Although you do not want to be in the situation you find yourself in, there is something precious and valuable that resulted from your accident.

As I endured the 23 years that i have had chronic pain, I always knew that there were people with the same problem that I have who were so much worse than I was. And I mean SO much worse. Some people kill themselves because they cannot endure the pain. I was grateful that I only have what I have and not what they have.

There is a saying that if a lot of people were gathered together and each person threw a list of their troubles in a bowl and each person had the option of picking one of the lists of troubles from the bowl that they then would experience those troubles, each person would choose their own list of troubles back. The known is better than the unknown.

Oprah Winfrey used to speak of writing in a gratitude journal every day. Each day she would write about something she was grateful for that day. I have never done it but it may be helpful for you. It forces you to think positively and to be thankful for what you have.

You also have every right to vent your frustrations about what you are going through. You have a right to be sad and mourn your loss. Try to think of something you are grateful for after you are finished venting so that you will end on a high note.

7 hours ago, sweetygirly said:

Oprah Winfrey used to speak of writing in a gratitude journal every day. Each day she would write about something she was grateful for that day. I have never done it but it may be helpful for you. It forces you to think positively and to be thankful for what you have.

You also have every right to vent your frustrations about what you are going through. You have a right to be sad and mourn your loss. Try to think of something you are grateful for after you are finished venting so that you will end on a high note.

The 'attitude of gratitude' effect is real--I can attest to that from personal experience.  You don't even have to write them down in a journal, though I can see the benefit of doing so.  You just have to find one thing each day to be grateful for.

Though it might be hard at first, it becomes easier as time passes.  After a while, it becomes so natural that feels as if it's a part of your internal being.

Tom, thank you for telling us about Dan and his struggles. You have a very big heart, and it is wonderful that you and this boy have befriended each other. You helped him when he was at a very low point, and I know that he will always be grateful to you for that. In addition to the positive feelings that we experience when we help another human being, it also allows us to concentrate on that person and allows us to take our mind off our own cares for a bit of time.

Your accident was tragic, and I will not minimize that. Still, some good has already come of it.

I have a cousin who has a disease called Friedreich's ataxia. He has been confined to bed for more than two decades, and cannot sit at all. He is completely dependent upon others for his care, yet he manages to reach out to hundreds of people on a daily basis via a daily mailing of uplifting thoughts.

No matter how unfortunate one's circumstances, there are others who face the same or worse obstacles. I realize that fact is little or no comfort.

You have many friends here who love you very much, and we think of you every day and wish for you an amazing recovery in body and in spirit. 

On 18. 9. 2016 at 11:53 AM, sweetygirly said:

Tom,

If you had not had your accident, who would this child have turned to? You were there when he had no one and you cannot understand how much your friendship and companionship means to him. Although you do not want to be in the situation you find yourself in, there is something precious and valuable that resulted from your accident.

As I endured the 23 years that i have had chronic pain, I always knew that there were people with the same problem that I have who were so much worse than I was. And I mean SO much worse. Some people kill themselves because they cannot endure the pain. I was grateful that I only have what I have and not what they have.

There is a saying that if a lot of people were gathered together and each person threw a list of their troubles in a bowl and each person had the option of picking one of the lists of troubles from the bowl that they then would experience those troubles, each person would choose their own list of troubles back. The known is better than the unknown.

Dear sweetygirly,

on the day I could not sleep, I was thinking a lot and a few things I leveled in my head.

Almost in all agree with you. You have my great respect for your attitude. You have to be a very strong personality. Live with chronic pain for 23 years and yet still be in such a good mood and open to new things, to share your misery and encourage others. Rightly you deserve my deepest bow.

I don't know to whom the boy should turn to. And how do I know that I'm the right person who should address him? But someone decided this. I was asked by a doctor. And at that time, I directed and centered my thoughts on just one a single thing that you mentioned how some people have decided to end their suffering. But then, when I met Dan, I don't know, just everything was suddenly completely different and I repudiated this possibility, it's too easy, and it's always for grabs.

Please tell me, sweetygirly, what makes you think that I can't understand the importance of friendship and companionship for the little boy? Importance of the meaning, I'm aware, even too much. From his very affirmative change I'm really very happy, he literally blooms. But I'm unhappy and sad, because he is dear to me, to be in his company is very precious to me, he has a magical personality, I can forget where I'm and why, I'm living just by moment. And one day, just comes a time when he will go away.

Tell me, what is this precious result of the accident? He'll take some time in a specialized rehabilitation center, and is likely to eventually end up in children's home, or what I really wish for him is that he will be lucky to get a new loving family. And I'll be sad, distressed and alone again.

But everything has a solution and everything happens for a reason. I don't want to waste time searching for why? in my case. I had already decided to go another way.

A long time ago, even before the accident, I was grateful for what I have and even now. Always everything can be much worse. It's just up to us how we will organize it in the head, what is essential for us. And with what lightness of being, we'll get through life and overcome its obstacles. You're right, with anyone wouldn't change anything. Known is better than unknown. But for someone unknown can be a challenge. And on the other hand, is harder to terms with the loss known.

Awaiting me a lot of changes, but I can handle them. Are others people who mastered it, with much worse problems and injuries. I know people who despite their disabilities can things that even able-bodied healthy person can't cope. They have a zest for life and incredible access to everything what they do, such enthusiasm, warm heart, bright mind and you never hear them complain. I wish I could be at least in a fraction of such as they are. I love my life, even now, still the same, I believe that things will improve and it will be well again. I've lived a lot, maybe too much, I've seen a lot, traveled a lot, I have enough experiences, but about another I'll be glad enriched. I mean, I still I have from what take.

I don't regret anything, there are things that I would change, did differently, but I didn't learn from those mistakes how to do it correctly. I wish a better world to live, but I can't change people, the only thing I can do is try to change myself, and how I will behave and act, in some way may encourage others to change.

But the main thing what I need is time, I don't know how many, just as much as necessary. And if I will try hard and pamper what I have, and I will be patient, so maybe one beautiful day somebody will hear my call from miles away and I'll be back the happiest man under the sun.

22 hours ago, Proud Glambert said:

Tom, thank you for telling us about Dan and his struggles. You have a very big heart, and it is wonderful that you and this boy have befriended each other. You helped him when he was at a very low point, and I know that he will always be grateful to you for that. In addition to the positive feelings that we experience when we help another human being, it also allows us to concentrate on that person and allows us to take our mind off our own cares for a bit of time.

Your accident was tragic, and I will not minimize that. Still, some good has already come of it.

I have a cousin who has a disease called Friedreich's ataxia. He has been confined to bed for more than two decades, and cannot sit at all. He is completely dependent upon others for his care, yet he manages to reach out to hundreds of people on a daily basis via a daily mailing of uplifting thoughts.

No matter how unfortunate one's circumstances, there are others who face the same or worse obstacles. I realize that fact is little or no comfort.

You have many friends here who love you very much, and we think of you every day and wish for you an amazing recovery in body and in spirit. 

Dearest Proud Glambert,

I want to thank you for your words of encouragement and sharing your experiences of your loved ones. You have really blessed heart. Your words are always like a caress on the soul. I appreciate it very much.

tOM,

I thought what you wrote in response to my post was beautiful.

I never said that your would not understand the importance of friendship and companionship of this boy. I said the opposite. I said that you can appreciate the friendship and companionship and that you would benefit from that.

The electricity is being turned off in my building very soon so I will post a response tomorrow.

9 hours ago, justMAX said:

But the main thing what I need is time, I don't know how many, just as much as necessary. And if I will try hard and pamper what I have, and I will be patient, so maybe one beautiful day somebody will hear my call from miles away and I'll be back the happiest man under the sun.

Dearest @justMAX exactly - "time" - it has only been a few weeks.  i love and admire you for being able to find those little moments of joy as you do. how you help young Dan and how with all that is going on in your life - everything you have to deal with - you still care about how your friends are doing, how we are feeling... that is so admirable my dear.  Maxie, you are just so special and we love you dearly. :wub:  This will i imagine be a very very long road and process for you hun.  We are here for you for every step of the way - regardless of how much time it takes.... 

Tom,

I suggest you research Amy Van Dyken

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Van_Dyken

She is an Olympic gold medalist in swimming. She had an accident about a year ago and she fractured her spine, severing her spinal cord. She is confined to a wheelchair. She has been dealing with her injury in a very positive way. You might want to try to get in touch with her. She may be able to help you deal with your life changes.

After the Olympics, there is the paraolympic games. Participating in these games are athletes who have some kind of disability. If the paraolympic games are still on tv, or if you can watch videos of these games on tv or youtube, you will see how people in the same condition you are in can play basketball and other sports and they play very well. There are special wheelchairs for these sports. You may find that you will be able to eventually do more than your think you will be able to do.

When faced with a challenge such as yours, there is a point where your can decide how you will deal with something new that comes along. A new physical challenge, for example. You can make a decision how you will handle the new challenge emotionally. Will you be resentful, frustrated or angry? If these emotions take over, you will still face the same physical challenge. The negative emotions change nothing about the physical challenge, but they will make the challenge more challenging. If you try not to allow the negative feelings to infiltrate the challenge, you will approach the challenge in a more positive way. All those negative emotions only stress you, and that will make you feel ill. Chronic stress causes your body to secrete cortisol, which can weaken muscles and cause other physical body responses that are not good for your body.

When you go to physical therapy, leave the negative feelings outside the room before you go in. When you cross the threshold of the door, put a smile on your face and you will have positive hormones flowing through your body. If you can learn to do this every time, you will realize that the negative feelings were making you feel bad physically.

Regarding the boy. Even if you only had a short encounter with him, you may have been the medicine he needed at that moment. If the two of you part ways, you can feel great that you helped him emotionally and the fact that you extended yourself to him should become a lasting great memory for you. When you meet new people, you will likely meet the best part of them because they will realize what is important in life.

There was a song in the 70s by a group called Machine called "There But For the Grace of God, There Go I."  You were not given more than you can handle and you were not given something much worse.