• Announcements

• Flash Mod

Members! PLEASE READ Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines BEFORE POSTING

Before participating in our forum or any other area of AdamOfficial.com please read and acquaint yourself with the following Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines:   http://forum.adamofficial.com/topic/62357-forum-guidelines/   http://www.warnerbrosrecords.com/terms-of-service
    • Flash Mod

***HERE is how to access PRESALE CODES, VIP* and Meet and Greet* opportunities.***   01/30/2017

Before getting down to the business of access to presale codes, etc. please take note:   ***Please be advised that any member publicly posting actual presale codes anywhere on the forum (and possibly elsewhere!) or reportedly through private messages, will be banned from membership here on AO! NO EXCEPTIONS!   Our site here at adamofficial.com (aka AO) is Adam's official record label site, not his official fan club, and is not the place to find presale codes, nor are they provided through the official newsletter.   Presale codes are provided to paid members of Adam's official fan club one to several hours before the presale begins. If you are a paid member you can find the presale code in your dashboard at that site.
      The official fan club, Adam Lambert Fans, can be found here: http://www.adamlambertfans.com
      You must pay a fee to join. I believe the minimum fee is $9.99.
      Any other entity, website, or contact person on Twitter, email, etc. claiming to be representing Adam's official fan club and collecting payments other than directly at the above website is BOGUS, NOT LEGITIMATE!   Any questions you may have concerning any aspect of the fan club, including presale codes, VIP* tickets, Meet and Greet* opportunities, should only be addressed to the fan club moderators, DearBecky and addictedtoadam here on AO in the Adam Lambert Fan Club subforum. Please check to see if your question has already been posted in an existing thread there before posting a new topic. Please do not post questions concerning these subjects anywhere else on the forum. You can find the fan club subforum listed on the main forums page directly under Tour Talk.   The direct link is:
      http://forum.adamofficial.com/forum/30-adam-lambert-fan-club/   Fan club moderators, please correct me on anything I've posted that you find to be unclear or incorrect, through a PM. Thanks.   *Meet and Greet and VIP opportunities may or may not be offered.
AO Web Crew

Official Feedback/Moderation Thread

1,518 posts in this topic

Hey Adam Fans,

As part of the transition to a new moderation system, we have set up this thread as the official place to contact the Adam Official Web Crew.  Who is the AO Web Crew?  We are a small team of WBR employees and one volunteer moderator (Flash Mod) tasked with making sure that the major communities in the WBR world are running smoothly.

If you have any questions, comments, concerns or technical site feedback, this is the place to bring it up and we will do our best to respond in a timely manner.

To start, we ask that you refer to the site guidelines whenever possible to see if your question can be answered there.  Also, make sure to read through the comments in this thread to see if your issue has already been addressed.

Thank you so much and we're truly looking forward to working with you all to make this the best Adam site it can possibly be!

The AO Web Crew

No offense intended, but this post was started by a "Newbie" and this is their first post. Who is "AO Web Crew"?

Also no offense but I didn't realize that Adam Official had fan Moderators, when did this start? I thought that RCAFlashMod was someone employed by RCA and was speaking as an RCA employee.

I know that I don't post here alot but I do come here for official news and I would like to trust what is posted by RCA since it is often said this is Adam's Official site.

I would like RCA ED to verify that this is a real section on Adam Official. Or someone that works for RCA.

Thank you

thank you for establishing this thread!

My MAJOR PROBLEM with the site is that it is extremely difficult to see purple on black and reading thin white letters on black is painful.

Other sites have a choice of skin/color pallet so we can choose the most pleasant look for our eyes.

Can you please create something simple - with black on some light background skin?

thank you in advance.

Thanks @sue-in-la, I did read those threads...

Still doesn't answer my question thou....

When did Adam Official get a Fan Moderator?

Why doesn't a RCA employee moderator any longer?

Who is this Newbie "AO Web Crew" This is there first post.

I would like someone who works for RCA to verify this thread.

If this thread has just been opened by a fan it won't help answer anybody's possible questions.

Peace

Lulu,

I have a different understanding of the OP's statement:

"We are a small team of RCA/Sony employees and one fan moderator (RCAFlashMod)...."

My interpretation is that the "one fan moderator" is RCAFlashMod, who is, well,a moderator of the fans of this site. I don't think this sentence is implying that there is an additional, unknown, fan moderator.

Anyways, I know as much as you do at this point. But, I'd like to suggest that we all give this thread a chance. :)

@Lulu2365

Thank you for your question.

Yes, this thread is an official AO announcement from the web crew. The AO Web Crew "newbie" account was created for communication between the crew and the fans. There has always been a web crew, a team working with RCAEd, overseeing the running of all aspects of AO, RCAEd being the one fans have always had interaction with. But if you will look at the several postings in this section, Official Announcements, you will see they were posted by some others . They are all part of an existing web crew that has always been in place running the various sections of the entire site.

So nothing has really changed other than this thread being a more public communication route. With the posting of this thread, it just makes fans more formally aware of the web crew's presence and gives you a more public option to communicate with them other than the feedback button at the bottom of the page and the RCAMod email address used for email communication all along.

I, and before me, Mod Iris, specifically moderate the fan participation in the forum section of the site.

@Flashmod So if there has always been a web crew where have they been in the last two years? Look at their last posts. Anyway, so this thread is for questions relating to the site and not Adam's music, right?

Can we all please make this a thread about suggestions and not complaints? We've all got a chance to make this right. We have FlashMod here, we have Ed behind the scenes, and we have a team. That is really cool and really something. Let's all focus on the positive. Let's start to see ourselves as a team. :)

And, to start off, we all know that there is a long process that those in charge of this site must undergo to post events. Everything has to be confirmed and probably reconfirmed. I remember how tricky this was in regards to some of the Glamnation concert dates, especially for the concerts in Houston, New Orleans, and Florida.

I think, Flash, we're all wondering about the posting of Adam's recent and upcoming television performances. Adam, of course, was just on Project Runway, and we know that Adam will soon appear of Majors and Minors. We've seen the promo shots for it. What can be done to get those appearances listed under "Events?"

FanMail likes this

I guess I just didn’t release that you were not an RCA employee that you were just a fan moderator.

I want to make sure this was sanctioned by a RCA employee (which still has not happen yet).

Just want to make sure that as fan moderator this thread will not turn into a place where there is not comments like you telling fans to stop “b*tchin' and moanin” in your words. Since that won’t help solve any of the concerns people had, for example the events section not being updated.

http://www.adamofficial.com/us/node/2048866

Good to know moving forward so I know to wait for official comments from RCA from an RCA employee who can speak on behalf of RCA.

@sue-in-la

Thank you for your positive, helpful, and uplifting attitudes. It's very much appreciated. :)

As to your specific questions concerning event postings, etc., I'll leave that to the more knowledgeable of the team to address. Some questions and concerns may take a little time to be answered, especially on weekends, so please be patient. Might have to wait till Monday.

As has always been the case, I won't be answering most of the questions outside of the more general forum centered stuff, like where the most appropriate section is for specific threads, etc., so just wait on the team for the other concerns to be addressed.

I can tell you that the basic premise you present about the timing/process of event postings is correct as has been stated repeatedly by Ed, Iris, and myself. But also keep in mind the process of the changeover in management taking place right now, which can affect many areas, and how putting that in place and smoothing it all out takes time.

In the meantime, relax and enjoy all there is already to enjoy, and when it comes to Adam, that is a lot! :lol:

@Lulu

Intervening in threads that are rapidly deteriorating into insults and finger pointing even after the explanation has been given is a part of my job here as moderator, and I promise you, I will continue to do my job, on this thread as well should it become necessary. And I can assure you that I have full authority from RCA to do so, as the official AO Web Team has stated in the OP of this thread.

Hey everyone,

This post is made by a "newbie" in terms of posts in the forums, but you'll notice when the account was created. August 2009. This account was once named "sonyrw" for the specific person that was running it.

That person is still on this team. They were present on this site mainly to do news posts and update functionality requests. We switched their name over to "AO Web Crew" when we were ready to change the moderation setup to a bigger team here on Adam Official. We assure you, we're legit ;)

Regarding the "fan" moderator, perhaps that was a poor choice of words. We only meant to say that Flashmod is here to look after the fans and deal with individual threads, and that we are here to look at some of the "higher-level" issues. We still work with RCA Ed, making us a pretty nice little team.

Thanks guys for your understanding, and we'll have an answer about events shortly. You nailed it when you said that events need to be confirmed and re-confirmed over here.

Thanks

The AO Web Crew