• Announcements

• Flash Mod

Members! PLEASE READ Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines BEFORE POSTING

Before participating in our forum or any other area of AdamOfficial.com please read and acquaint yourself with the following Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines:   http://forum.adamofficial.com/topic/62357-forum-guidelines/   http://www.warnerbrosrecords.com/terms-of-service
    • Flash Mod

***HERE is how to access PRESALE CODES, VIP* and Meet and Greet* opportunities.***   01/30/2017

Before getting down to the business of access to presale codes, etc. please take note:   ***Please be advised that any member publicly posting actual presale codes anywhere on the forum (and possibly elsewhere!) or reportedly through private messages, will be banned from membership here on AO! NO EXCEPTIONS!   Our site here at adamofficial.com (aka AO) is Adam's official record label site, not his official fan club, and is not the place to find presale codes, nor are they provided through the official newsletter.   Presale codes are provided to paid members of Adam's official fan club one to several hours before the presale begins. If you are a paid member you can find the presale code in your dashboard at that site.
      The official fan club, Adam Lambert Fans, can be found here: http://www.adamlambertfans.com
      You must pay a fee to join. I believe the minimum fee is $9.99.
      Any other entity, website, or contact person on Twitter, email, etc. claiming to be representing Adam's official fan club and collecting payments other than directly at the above website is BOGUS, NOT LEGITIMATE!   Any questions you may have concerning any aspect of the fan club, including presale codes, VIP* tickets, Meet and Greet* opportunities, should only be addressed to the fan club moderators, DearBecky and addictedtoadam here on AO in the Adam Lambert Fan Club subforum. Please check to see if your question has already been posted in an existing thread there before posting a new topic. Please do not post questions concerning these subjects anywhere else on the forum. You can find the fan club subforum listed on the main forums page directly under Tour Talk.   The direct link is:
      http://forum.adamofficial.com/forum/30-adam-lambert-fan-club/   Fan club moderators, please correct me on anything I've posted that you find to be unclear or incorrect, through a PM. Thanks.   *Meet and Greet and VIP opportunities may or may not be offered.
AO Web Crew

Official Feedback/Moderation Thread

8 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Thanks everyone who replied to my post, it makes me feel better when others are having the same problem, although I wish no one was having it, ha,ha.  

I know exactly what you mean :)  It helps to know that you are not alone.

My avi is gone too - and it was uploaded from computer! And so was my password --- but will notify ALF Admin too to see what they know about this. Hopefully this will get sorted out quickly!

Not sure what is meant by importing from a URL -- it did not take my avi from ALF. Will let you now what I find out..

It looks like the reload is done, so time for me to seek help from WBR tomorrow for issues that remain like avis and mobile device issues. 

I also uploaded my avi from my PC on the original forum, but had to upload it to an image hosting site (photobucket) and import the URL from there for it to post my profile pic here. I've checked the settings in my ADMIN Control Panel and I don't see any way to change this setting. Have already alerted WBR to this.

Please continue to post any issues not already addressed in posts above and be as specific as possible, such as device being used, operating system, exactly what happens, etc.

I've just logged in on my iPad (IOS) and don't see any issues.

However, I did find that the login for the main page is different from the log in on the forum.  They used to be the same.

The main page asks for email address and password.  The forum asks for display name (e.g. foxeylady) and password.

Flash, mooviebassets is having problems.  She is on a Kindle, no idea what OS it has.

She can log in, but cannot post--the keyboard will not pop up when she she tries to activate the text box.  Do you recall, she had this same issue after the last transition.  I don't know how you fixed it, but you did.

She also has the one-letter-per-line problem with the thread titles, as others have mentioned.

OK, now I'm pi$$ed off!!  I tried to reload my profile pic from photobucket, and it says "that type of file is not allowed"!!!

It's the same pic I've had here forever.  It's the same pic that appears in my profile on the main page!!!!  :angry:  :angry:   :angry:

On 23.07.2016 at 0:58 PM, albertabroad said:

Hi! Yes. But I would prefer if I could turn the email notifications off. I just realised that we are forced to receive an email notification from every messenger message. We can't turn it off in the settings because it seemed to be enabled by administration.

Flash, is this really necessary and if not could you please let us manage the email notifications for messenger by ourselves? (My email is already filled with everything else - no need for AO notifications unless they are from admin or about perks/presales.)

130 emails in two days :blink: I don't even mention how many of them I've received since transition started :wacko: Heeeeelp! 

Can't we do something about it? I don't want to turn off those notifications under every post... 

12 minutes ago, Amberbert said:

130 emails in two days :blink: I don't even mention how many of them I've received since transition started :wacko: Heeeeelp! 

Can't we do something about it? I don't want to turn off those notifications under every post... 

Oh wow, that sounds like A LOT of spam.

Did you try different options in your Account settings -> Notification Settings? I have only two checked: " A notification when new content is posted" and " Play a sound when I receive a notification" and I didn't get a single one and the option of notifications under posts is always off. 

Yeah... :rolleyes:

I tried different options and have only checked "A notification when new content is posted" and "Show pop up window when I receive a new personal message".

BUT under them are other options. I turned them all into Notification list but two are into email:

Someone comments on something I follow & 

I receive a Messager

I think those are my culprits but I can't change them, they're like permanently blocked.

ahh, and notification button under my posts is always on :unsure:

Amber, make sure the toggle switch for notifications, at the bottom of the text box when you post, is OFF.  I made the mistake of turning it on for ONE post, and the site sent me notifications for EVERYthing.  I think it changes the default when you turn it on/off.

So I turned it off again, and have received zero emails since.

Foxey! You are brilliant ! I copied the image link of my profile pic on my main AO profile page, and then pasted it into the URL drop down box in the Forum profile pic area,  and voila! It worked!!!  Here it is. 

I have to say that for some reason, the resolution is not as sharp here in the Forum as it is in the main page of AO, but it's certainly an improvement over a "ghost"!!!  And myabe the resoultion will improve at some point. And I would still hope that we ( and new members)  can upload from our computers again as opposed to having to go through Photobucket , but  will wait to see what the new upgrade unfolds. Thank you !!!!

On 23.7.2016 at 1:58 PM, albertabroad said:

Hi! Yes. But I would prefer if I could turn the email notifications off. I just realised that we are forced to receive an email notification from every messenger message. We can't turn it off in the settings because it seemed to be enabled by administration.

Flash, is this really necessary and if not could you please let us manage the email notifications for messenger by ourselves? (My email is already filled with everything else - no need for AO notifications unless they are from admin or about perks/presales.) ...

Hi! :) Just couple of questions/suggestions:

The one I posted earlier (above) and -

Is it possible to get the "unread content" link at the bottom of the pages include content from all forums? Now it only appears if there is unread content in the forum you are currently visiting. E.g. when reading threads on Adam Discussion you can not know if there are unread posts on other forums like for example here on Official Feedback/Moderation Thread. One always has to go to the Forums main page to see if there are unread posts on other forums as well.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, albertabroad said:

Hi! :) Just couple of questions/suggestions:

The one I posted earlier (above) and -

Is it possible to get the "unread content" link at the bottom of the pages include content from all forums? Now it only appears if there is unread content in the forum you are currently visiting. E.g. when reading threads on Adam Discussion you can not know if there are unread posts on other forums like for example here on Official Feedback/Moderation Thread. One always has to go to the Forums main page to see if there are unread posts on other forums as well.

Thanks.

Amber, if you click on your username at the top right of the page you will see an option for "account settings". Go there and then look on the right side of the page where it says "other settings". Click on "notification settings". You can manage email notifications from there. Does this answer your question? If I'm not understanding your question correctly,  please clarify.

To see all new content from from all forums, go to the top left of the page, click "Home", which will take you to the main forums page, then click on the new content icon for unread content. I know there's a way to manage what new content displays, but I can't remember where I found it the other day. :lol: I'll let you know when I find it again.

***EDIT: Just saw that it was right in front of my face just above the Unread Content. There is a whole bunch of options in the bar above it that you can customize. Check it out.

Sorry if I'm kind of fuzzy lately. I am experiencing temporary health issues that have left me exhausted and completely brain fogged. Thinking coherently is a challenge. :unsure: So members, please have patience with me if I am not able to stay on top of things in a timely manner, or if my postings are somewhat lacking. Hopefully that will improve soon.

I've been informed that the ADAM LAMBERT logo at the top of the forum will be linked to the main site again soon.  :)

1 hour ago, Flash Mod said:

***EDIT: Just saw that it was right in front of my face just above the Unread Content. There is a whole bunch of options in the bar above it that you can customize. Check it out.

Just discovered this!  It's on the tab, next to "Browse", that says "Activity". :)