• Announcements

• Flash Mod

Members! PLEASE READ Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines BEFORE POSTING

Before participating in our forum or any other area of AdamOfficial.com please read and acquaint yourself with the following Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines:   http://forum.adamofficial.com/topic/62357-forum-guidelines/   http://www.warnerbrosrecords.com/terms-of-service
    • Flash Mod

***HERE is how to access PRESALE CODES, VIP* and Meet and Greet* opportunities.***   01/30/2017

Before getting down to the business of access to presale codes, etc. please take note:   ***Please be advised that any member publicly posting actual presale codes anywhere on the forum (and possibly elsewhere!) or reportedly through private messages, will be banned from membership here on AO! NO EXCEPTIONS!   Our site here at adamofficial.com (aka AO) is Adam's official record label site, not his official fan club, and is not the place to find presale codes, nor are they provided through the official newsletter.   Presale codes are provided to paid members of Adam's official fan club one to several hours before the presale begins. If you are a paid member you can find the presale code in your dashboard at that site.
      The official fan club, Adam Lambert Fans, can be found here: http://www.adamlambertfans.com
      You must pay a fee to join. I believe the minimum fee is $9.99.
      Any other entity, website, or contact person on Twitter, email, etc. claiming to be representing Adam's official fan club and collecting payments other than directly at the above website is BOGUS, NOT LEGITIMATE!   Any questions you may have concerning any aspect of the fan club, including presale codes, VIP* tickets, Meet and Greet* opportunities, should only be addressed to the fan club moderators, DearBecky and addictedtoadam here on AO in the Adam Lambert Fan Club subforum. Please check to see if your question has already been posted in an existing thread there before posting a new topic. Please do not post questions concerning these subjects anywhere else on the forum. You can find the fan club subforum listed on the main forums page directly under Tour Talk.   The direct link is:
      http://forum.adamofficial.com/forum/30-adam-lambert-fan-club/   Fan club moderators, please correct me on anything I've posted that you find to be unclear or incorrect, through a PM. Thanks.   *Meet and Greet and VIP opportunities may or may not be offered.
carter_

Adam & His new BFF, "Pharoah" - Adam got a lil doggie!

11 hours ago, galorecamping2 said:

His dog is so adorable! I love that video. What kind of dog food is that, though? Never seen any that looks like that.

Adam buys organic dogfood.  Only the best for his lil buddy :)

7 hours ago, koula said:

Love that clip about Pharaoh thanks Carter......but ewww...

I hope Adam changes the sheets before he takes a guy home:lol:

X

I bet Adam keeps Pharaoh clean and well groomed.  But when you have a dog, and love him/her like a family member, it's just natural to let them come up on the bed to snuggle.  Cats too.  Pets don't like sleeping between the sheets usually, and would rather stay on top of the bedding.  Too hot for them under the covers.

Dogs want to be everywhere that you are. They are pack animals and the person and the pet become a pack. A very vulnerable time for a pack is when all members are sleeping. If you want your dog to feel like they are a big part of your life, your dog needs to have access to wherever you are. If another person wants to share the bed, "love my, love my dog."

3 hours ago, carter_ said:

Karen is not a pet person :lol:

I hope Adam lets Pharoah drink the milk from His Cheerios :lol:

Lololol;) no its only my crazy cat lady pal that does that:lol:

Its not that I dont like animals dont all jump on me. I do like cats and dogs and cats clean/groom themselves every day they are very clean animals just think its ewww to have them in bed with you. On top of sheets isnt too bad but still dogs go to the toilet and dont get bathed every day. Eewww LOL.:lol:

Sweety, my Dad has 2 dogs and he took them to be trained. They taught my Dad that dogs are pack animals like you say but there is always a leader of the pack and that should be the human. This is why the dog should learn to do as the human wants. Adam obviously wants Pharaoh in his bed and thats up to him.

Also most people I know that have dogs here have a doggy/cat bed that the pet can sleep in in their bedroom. Some who have big dogs use a doggy bed in a very large cage overnight. These dogs are a huge part of their lives and they are one of the family it isnt fair to say otherwise.

As far as a pet sleeping in the bed when you have a partner in with you, sorry but I just think thats weird and would be quite offended if someone expected me to get into bed with their dog.

Im sorry but its my opinion and my feelings on it I just dont like it I have nothing against pets and it doesnt mean I think people who do it are dirty. Its a personal choice.

ETA I wouldnt have a dog anyway I have two young children and thats enough for me without having to look after a dog as well. :lol:I would be shattered Well done to those that do both!:):wub: AND I would get my daughter in the house even if it were a hamster she is terrified of anything furry that moves. Bless her.haha

4 hours ago, sweetygirly said:

koula, scientists have found that children who grow up with dogs and cats in the home  have fewer allergies as adults. Also, kids who grow up exposed to dirt and other bacteria have better immune systems.

I have heard that about animals and Im always telling my other half not to fuss when they get muck on their hands.lol

My problem is it would either be the pet or my daughter. She will not accept any other scenario. She has ASD and in her world animals are terrifying no matter how much/hard/often you try to tell her otherwise or introduce her to them. 

Hamsters are not cute in her world. People with ASD think differently to those that dont have it. Their thought process is unique.

Also Im too lazy to have to walk a dog 2/3 times a day anyway.:lol:

X

You can keep a small dog paper trained so you don't have to walk them. It is a lot easier with female dogs. They do go outside to relieve themselves too.

Koula, sorry that you can't have a dog. You can expose your daughter to the magic of dogs by going to a shelter and interact with the dogs. It helps to socialize them and it improves your health. Your daughter would have to be able to accept this limited exposure and not want to take one home.

Is ASD autism spectrum disorder? If so, there may be trained therapists who may be able to introduce her to a dog and make it non-threatening or obtrusive. My brother is running a 5 week Aceing Autism event at the tennis club he goes to. They introduce tennis to kids who would normally be fearful and dthey learn to tackle the fear and anxiety and they start to love tennis.

I would love my children to have a pet maybe a rabbit we could keep in the garden. I think its important for them to learn to care/ look after one. Its a challenge and I like both my children to be challenged as life diesnt always go their way and they need to deal with things they dont always want to. We have a child friendly farm here that schools take the children to. She has been about 5 times and as soon as we go anywhere near the hut that has all the rabbits and guinea pigs she stops dead in her tracks and starts to get stressed and anxious so its wrong to force her. 

I hope sometime she will get over her fear but for now I just have to think about her. If a child with ASD gets stressed it can knock them off for weeks and its hard work. 

You are right about the dog/autism thing. Some children with ASD are given autism therapy dogs and it helps them immensley.

Thankyou for your ideas although I have tried them. Maybe one day:)

X

Oh ETA. And cats is a whole other story lolol. We have to cross the road before we pass the houses that she knows have cats on way to school.:lol:

Its not funny but it is funny if you know what I mean.lol. Cruel Mammy

On 5/13/2017 at 2:36 PM, koula said:

I would love my children to have a pet maybe a rabbit we could keep in the garden. I think its important for them to learn to care/ look after one. Its a challenge and I like both my children to be challenged as life diesnt always go their way and they need to deal with things they dont always want to. We have a child friendly farm here that schools take the children to. She has been about 5 times and as soon as we go anywhere near the hut that has all the rabbits and guinea pigs she stops dead in her tracks and starts to get stressed and anxious so its wrong to force her. 

I hope sometime she will get over her fear but for now I just have to think about her. If a child with ASD gets stressed it can knock them off for weeks and its hard work. 

You are right about the dog/autism thing. Some children with ASD are given autism therapy dogs and it helps them immensley.

Thankyou for your ideas although I have tried them. Maybe one day:)

X

Oh ETA. And cats is a whole other story lolol. We have to cross the road before we pass the houses that she knows have cats on way to school.:lol:

Its not funny but it is funny if you know what I mean.lol. Cruel Mammy

Karen, you would hate living with me. My cat has his own room, and he sleeps with me in my bed. I even got new plush bedding for my bed because he likes softer blankets than I do and hates my satin sheets. 

On 2017-5-20 at 3:45 AM, galorecamping2 said:

Karen, you would hate living with me. My cat has his own room, and he sleeps with me in my bed. I even got new plush bedding for my bed because he likes softer blankets than I do and hates my satin sheets. 

LOL:lol:

Does the cat slam the door and put his music on loud if he doesnt want to talk to his parents.

I have to say i agree with him about the softer blankets:)

X

On 5/21/2017 at 9:48 AM, koula said:

LOL:lol:

Does the cat slam the door and put his music on loud if he doesnt want to talk to his parents.

I have to say i agree with him about the softer blankets:)

X

LMAO! Actually, he does hide in there if he knows he's been doing something he shouldn't, like scratching the furniture or walking on the counters. The only place he isn't allowed is the counters, and I can immediately tell when he has been there, because of the orange hair. So, I have to disinfect EVERYWHERE to make sure there's no cat germs. I hate it when he does that. He knows if I catch him at it, he gets the squirt bottle.

Edit: as for the bedding - yeah, I got used to it. I'm just really hot natured, and softer blankets make it hotter. I'd think his fur would make him hot.

Animal hair is insulating from both hot and cold air. Animals develop an undercoat in the winter for more insulation against the cold. They shed the undercoat in the summer. If you get a dog and you do not live in a cold climate, don't get a dog with an undercoat. My first car had material upholstery and my dog's hair stuck to it like it was magnetic. It also stuck to my clothes. Now, I have a dog with hair not fur and she never sheds.

On 5/22/2017 at 10:18 PM, sweetygirly said:

Animal hair is insulating from both hot and cold air. Animals develop an undercoat in the winter for more insulation against the cold. They shed the undercoat in the summer. If you get a dog and you do not live in a cold climate, don't get a dog with an undercoat. My first car had material upholstery and my dog's hair stuck to it like it was magnetic. It also stuck to my clothes. Now, I have a dog with hair not fur and she never sheds.

what breed is Pharoh? He seems like such a sweetie. My cat likes dogs, oddly enough. I've been wanting one. He gets along great with my sister's pit/bulldog mix.

18 minutes ago, galorecamping2 said:

what breed is Pharoh? He seems like such a sweetie. My cat likes dogs, oddly enough. I've been wanting one. He gets along great with my sister's pit/bulldog mix.

He's a basenji/chihuahua mix. 

1 minute ago, foxeylady said:

He's a basenji/chihuahua mix. 

Thanks, Foxey! He's so cute. And not too big. My cat and my sister's dog went out in the woods behind my sister's new house and they were playing together with a baby deer lol. They love each other. So I don't think a dog will be an issue. Plus, my cat is self sufficient. I'd love my own little Pharoh!

I love how Adam spoils Pharoh! And the little pup seems so devoted!