• Announcements

• Flash Mod

Members! PLEASE READ Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines BEFORE POSTING

Before participating in our forum or any other area of AdamOfficial.com please read and acquaint yourself with the following Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines:   http://forum.adamofficial.com/topic/62357-forum-guidelines/   http://www.warnerbrosrecords.com/terms-of-service
    • Flash Mod

***HERE is how to access PRESALE CODES, VIP* and Meet and Greet* opportunities.***   01/30/2017

Before getting down to the business of access to presale codes, etc. please take note:   ***Please be advised that any member publicly posting actual presale codes anywhere on the forum (and possibly elsewhere!) or reportedly through private messages, will be banned from membership here on AO! NO EXCEPTIONS!   Our site here at adamofficial.com (aka AO) is Adam's official record label site, not his official fan club, and is not the place to find presale codes, nor are they provided through the official newsletter.   Presale codes are provided to paid members of Adam's official fan club one to several hours before the presale begins. If you are a paid member you can find the presale code in your dashboard at that site.
      The official fan club, Adam Lambert Fans, can be found here: http://www.adamlambertfans.com
      You must pay a fee to join. I believe the minimum fee is $9.99.
      Any other entity, website, or contact person on Twitter, email, etc. claiming to be representing Adam's official fan club and collecting payments other than directly at the above website is BOGUS, NOT LEGITIMATE!   Any questions you may have concerning any aspect of the fan club, including presale codes, VIP* tickets, Meet and Greet* opportunities, should only be addressed to the fan club moderators, DearBecky and addictedtoadam here on AO in the Adam Lambert Fan Club subforum. Please check to see if your question has already been posted in an existing thread there before posting a new topic. Please do not post questions concerning these subjects anywhere else on the forum. You can find the fan club subforum listed on the main forums page directly under Tour Talk.   The direct link is:
      http://forum.adamofficial.com/forum/30-adam-lambert-fan-club/   Fan club moderators, please correct me on anything I've posted that you find to be unclear or incorrect, through a PM. Thanks.   *Meet and Greet and VIP opportunities may or may not be offered.
carter_

QUEEN + ADAM LAMBERT RETURN TO ROCK NORTH AMERICA THIS SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

462 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, carter_ said:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! He said EVER!!!!!!! Don't do this to me Brian!!! The anticipation of it all!!!!! (I need an emoji with hair pulling!) :lol::lol::lol:

I know now that there's no way I can stay off from all the videos prior to the European leg! :D

3 hours ago, ADAMITES2015 said:

Bri and Roger are not only musical legends but they put most of us young ones to shame with their energy, 'Long live...QUEEN';):lol:

So true!

5 hours ago, albertabroad said:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! He said EVER!!!!!!! Don't do this to me Brian!!! The anticipation of it all!!!!! (I need an emoji with hair pulling!) :lol::lol::lol:

I know now that there's no way I can stay off from all the videos prior to the European leg! :D

So true!

yes.....:P:D

albertabroad likes this

Something about the charitable record that is being done to benefit the victims of that awful fire.  I wonder if Adam is involved with that too???  Sounds like it might just be Brian though.

carter_ and albertabroad like this

9 hours ago, foxeylady said:

Something about the charitable record that is being done to benefit the victims of that awful fire.  I wonder if Adam is involved with that too???  Sounds like it might just be Brian though.

I think just Brian http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/7833999/simon-cowell-grenfell-tower-charity-single

foxeylady likes this

*SQUEAL :lol: I am so excited my stomach is doing cartwheels.  I hope my old heart can handle the next 8 months of anticipation :lol:

I actually told my husband that I was NOT going to watch any footage of this tour so that I could be more surprised when we go :lol:

I'm such an addict, I really don't know how long I will last :lol:

albertabroad and foxeylady like this

6 minutes ago, ADAMITES2015 said:

*SQUEAL :lol: I am so excited my stomach is doing cartwheels.  I hope my old heart can handle the next 8 months of anticipation :lol:

I actually told my husband that I was NOT going to watch any footage of this tour so that I could be more surprised when we go :lol:

hahaha - Megan good luck with that! I tried that for GNT and i failed BIG TIME  and i only had a few shows b4 my 1st GNT show came along

:lol:

On 20.6.2017 at 1:20 AM, AdamIsBetterThanFreddie said:

I hope they play more AL solo material, besides Adam is *HALF THE GROUP* and he sings the songs better than the band did in their prime - whether in studio or live

Hi @AdamIsBetterThanFreddie! Welcome. :) I'm sure that - especially here on Adam's official fan forum - there are people that agree with you that Adam is the best there is, but I'm sorry to tell you that this Queen+ thing is all about Queen's songs. I don't think it's about two artists that both perform their own songs but about Queen hiring Adam to bring their music and art back to life again. I'm guessing you know about the time they played Adam's Ghost Town a few times but that was something very special and also very unusual.  I hope to see you joining in our conversations on other threads as well. :)

12 hours ago, carter_ said:

OMG. Now he's gone and done it! When I thought they couldn't possibly get me any more intrigued they go and talk about SURPRISE TECHNOLOGY!!!!!!!!!!! :o I can't take this!!!!!!!!! Please please please let me jump a few days in time to take a look right NOW!!! :P:D

Btw, I think I counted like 16 trucks on that video!! How many did they have before? Anyone remember the number? :)

8 hours ago, ADAMITES2015 said:

(...) I actually told my husband that I was NOT going to watch any footage of this tour so that I could be more surprised when we go :lol:

You're not gonna make it... You're not gonna make it... :P;):D  (I already gave up. :lol::lol:

8 hours ago, carter_ said:

hahaha - Megan good luck with that! I tried that for GNT and i failed BIG TIME  and i only had a few shows b4 my 1st GNT show came along

:lol:

Exactly. :lol:

2 hours ago, albertabroad said:

Hi @AdamIsBetterThanFreddie! Welcome. :) I'm sure that - especially here on Adam's official fan forum - there are people that agree with you that Adam is the best there is, but I'm sorry to tell you that this Queen+ thing is all about Queen's songs. I don't think it's about two artists that both perform their own songs but about Queen hiring Adam to bring their music and art back to life again. I'm guessing you know about the time they played Adam's Ghost Town a few times but that was something very special and also very unusual.  I hope to see you joining in our conversations on other threads as well. :)

OMG. Now he's gone and done it! When I thought they couldn't possibly get me any more intrigued they go and talk about SURPRISE TECHNOLOGY!!!!!!!!!!! :o I can't take this!!!!!!!!! Please please please let me jump a few days in time to take a look right NOW!!! :P:D

Btw, I think I counted like 16 trucks on that video!! How many did they have before? Anyone remember the number? :)

You're not gonna make it... You're not gonna make it... :P;):D  (I already gave up. :lol::lol:

Exactly. :lol:

I agree with you about Adam's songs--not likely to happen.  That said, one never really knows what they'll do.  Could be a nice surprise waiting for us, especially if Adam releases any singles during any of the tour legs.  ;)

I counted 16 trucks too.  I don't remember exactly, but the number was similar last time.  Mighty impressive anyway :D

I'm not gonna make it either.  Not even going to TRY  :P  I'll be sitting at my computer opening night waiting for the vids to come in  :lol:

ADAMITES2015 and albertabroad like this

2 hours ago, albertabroad said:

Surely the reason the tours are selling out is because of Adam....... Queen's music is so dated and people are only going back to see Adam and not the two other guys

albertabroad and foxeylady like this

32 minutes ago, AdamIsBetterThanFreddie said:

Surely the reason the tours are selling out is because of Adam....... Queen's music is so dated and people are only going back to see Adam and not the two other guys

Many would say that Queen's music is timeless, as it has held up all these years.  People still listen to it and recognize the songs, even people who were not around during Queen's heyday.

@AdamIsBetterThanFreddie, are you going to any of the shows?  You will be amazed at the HUGE number of Queen fans that you see at the shows.  Some of them are the old, original fans; some are newer fans.  Most of them think Adam is a great addition to the band, but there are still many who don't like Adam, or merely tolerate him, just so they can see Brian and Roger.  

It's wonderful that you think so highly of Adam.  But you might want to think twice about disparaging Queen at any of the shows.  The Queenies often outnumber the Glamberts in the audience, and you might find yourself surrounded by Queen fans.  You could get yourself in a spot of trouble if you are not careful about what you say.  

So, just a word of caution:  Don't dis the band at their shows.  Queenies are a force to be reckoned with.

By-the-way: some of us Glamberts have come to love "the two other guys" and look forward to seeing them as much as Adam (BRIAN MAY!!!!!  :wub: ).  And many Glamberts were Queen fans BEFORE they were introduced to Adam.

I hate to break it to you, but Adam isn't yet selling out arenas on his own.

1 hour ago, foxeylady said:

Many would say that Queen's music is timeless, as it has held up all these years.  People still listen to it and recognize the songs, even people who were not around during Queen's heyday.

@AdamIsBetterThanFreddie, are you going to any of the shows?  You will be amazed at the HUGE number of Queen fans that you see at the shows.  Some of them are the old, original fans; some are newer fans.  Most of them think Adam is a great addition to the band, but there are still many who don't like Adam, or merely tolerate him, just so they can see Brian and Roger.  

It's wonderful that you think so highly of Adam.  But you might want to think twice about disparaging Queen at any of the shows.  The Queenies often outnumber the Glamberts in the audience, and you might find yourself surrounded by Queen fans.  You could get yourself in a spot of trouble if you are not careful about what you say.  

So, just a word of caution:  Don't dis the band at their shows.  Queenies are a force to be reckoned with.

By-the-way: some of us Glamberts have come to love "the two other guys" and look forward to seeing them as much as Adam (BRIAN MAY!!!!!  :wub: ).  And many Glamberts were Queen fans BEFORE they were introduced to Adam.

Spot on @foxeylady ;)

foxeylady likes this

1 hour ago, foxeylady said:

I respect everything you're saying, it just doesn't make sence to me. I hear Adam on the radio more then I've ever heard queen anyways. I'd never listen to queen on my own choosing, at least not unless Adam is singing those songs....... His voice is so much more full and he is so much better on the stage than Freddie ever was. Someone sent me a youtube video of queen at wembley stadium in England and Freddie just kinda looked bored up there. I just look through the comments and mentally replace his name with Adam everytiem I see it :wub:

albertabroad, foxeylady and carter_ like this

I agree with you about Adam's songs--not likely to happen.  That said, one never really knows what they'll do.  Could be a nice surprise waiting for us, especially if Adam releases any singles during any of the tour legs.  ;)

I counted 16 trucks too.  I don't remember exactly, but the number was similar last time.  Mighty impressive anyway :D

I'm not gonna make it either.  Not even going to TRY  :P  I'll be sitting at my computer opening night waiting for the vids to come in  :lol:

Oh, yes. One never really knows - and I'm counting on that. :D It would be an incredible susprise for us!! :) And I'm definitely with you sharing the computer screen!! :D

9 hours ago, AdamIsBetterThanFreddie said:

Hi! :) I'm sorry, I can't quite agree with you on this even though as a huge Adam fan I can see why you think this.  ^_^ Queen is one of the very few bands that have an international fan base that has been growing and growing since the 70's! There are fans from all age groups now - some families attend the concerts in three generations(!) - and I can say from experience that many of the younger Queen fans have nothing to do with Adam. Well, other than they usually learn to like or love him when they hear him sing the Queen songs. :) As Foxey already pointed out, unfortunately Adam alone doesn't usually sell out big arenas - hockey arenas in some places maybe ;) - but he still has a long way to go when it comes to selling out arenas and stadiums like Queen.

And on a personal note, I was a fan of Queen's music long before I ever heard Adam and became a huge fan of him. But it was this collaboration (Q+AL) that made me go through getting visas and flights abroad just to hear a certain concert. :)  I had never done that before - not even for Adam.

@AdamIsBetterThanFreddie, are you going to any of the shows?  You will be amazed at the HUGE number of Queen fans that you see at the shows.  Some of them are the old, original fans; some are newer fans.  Most of them think Adam is a great addition to the band, but there are still many who don't like Adam, or merely tolerate him, just so they can see Brian and Roger.  (...)

Yes, I think this is accurate. :)

8 hours ago, AdamIsBetterThanFreddie said:

I respect everything you're saying, it just doesn't make sence to me. I hear Adam on the radio more then I've ever heard queen anyways. I'd never listen to queen on my own choosing, at least not unless Adam is singing those songs....... His voice is so much more full and he is so much better on the stage than Freddie ever was. Someone sent me a youtube video of queen at wembley stadium in England and Freddie just kinda looked bored up there. I just look through the comments and mentally replace his name with Adam everytiem I see it :wub:

^_^ It is a reoccurring conversation here on AO how we can't understand that Adam isn't more popular than he is now and why everyone in this world doesn't see him the same way we do. :) It doesn't always make sence to many of us. ^_^

foxeylady likes this

15 hours ago, AdamIsBetterThanFreddie said:

Firstly, hello all. I am primarily a Queen fan, but am also very supportive of QAL and have visited this site on and off the last year or two but have not posted until now.

I read the above comment in utter disbelief and just had to respond. It is this sort of ignorance that gets right up Queen fans' noses, as well as other general, real music lovers. And I will go further and state that it is this sort of nonsense that creates divisions between some Adam fans and some Queen fans - which none of us want at the end of the day.

So let's deal with the facts and clear this rubbish up. Queen are a huge band - in the top five of the biggest selling bands of all time (the USA is probably one of the very few places on earth where they are not as huge); their music is absolutely timeless (as well as full of passion, truth and emotion); they are true legends who have earned their place in the music world; the 'other two guys' (Christ, how disrespectful!) - as the poster so politely calls them - are very respected in the music world, are highly talented and can still play music live (no click track!) with the best of them; people are not simply going to the shows to see Adam (otherwise Adam himself would not have stated in many interviews how apprehensive he felt standing in Freddie's shoes in front of all those Queen fans; Queen's music is the least dated music around (the poster is clearly not a genuine music fan) and is still played on radio shows, tv shows, films, etc. around the world every single minute of the day; Adam has clearly helped breathe new life into the band and this incarnation works because they all gel so well and are so clearly happy with each other - and there is a mutual respect...and, more importantly to many of us Queen fans, Adam respects the legacy of this legendary band, does not try and imitate Freddie and is also a fan of the band himself (he still says he has to pinch himself at times as he cannot believe he is performing with two greats like Brian and Roger); I could go on, but it will never end!

Saying all this, I - as a lifelong Queen fan - have nothing but respect for Adam. I believe he has helped rejuvenate the band and he can tackle those classic songs and make them his own (which most singers would find pretty damn hard). I like the fact that he talks so lovingly about Queen and is always so sweet, courteous and respectful concerning the band and dear Freddie. He always comes across as a genuine, decent, loving and honest man and I wish him the best in everything he does.

Phew! That took longer than I originally thought it would! Anyway, it's a shame that my first post here is having to defend my band, but I know that you are not all of the view of the poster above.

Peace and warmth out to all of you.

carter_, twyla, ADAMITES2015 and 1 other like this