• Announcements

• Flash Mod

Members! PLEASE READ Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines BEFORE POSTING

Before participating in our forum or any other area of AdamOfficial.com please read and acquaint yourself with the following Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines:   http://forum.adamofficial.com/topic/62357-forum-guidelines/   http://www.warnerbrosrecords.com/terms-of-service
    • Flash Mod

***HERE is how to access PRESALE CODES, VIP* and Meet and Greet* opportunities.***   01/30/2017

Before getting down to the business of access to presale codes, etc. please take note:   ***Please be advised that any member publicly posting actual presale codes anywhere on the forum (and possibly elsewhere!) or reportedly through private messages, will be banned from membership here on AO! NO EXCEPTIONS!   Our site here at adamofficial.com (aka AO) is Adam's official record label site, not his official fan club, and is not the place to find presale codes, nor are they provided through the official newsletter.   Presale codes are provided to paid members of Adam's official fan club one to several hours before the presale begins. If you are a paid member you can find the presale code in your dashboard at that site.
      The official fan club, Adam Lambert Fans, can be found here: http://www.adamlambertfans.com
      You must pay a fee to join. I believe the minimum fee is $9.99.
      Any other entity, website, or contact person on Twitter, email, etc. claiming to be representing Adam's official fan club and collecting payments other than directly at the above website is BOGUS, NOT LEGITIMATE!   Any questions you may have concerning any aspect of the fan club, including presale codes, VIP* tickets, Meet and Greet* opportunities, should only be addressed to the fan club moderators, DearBecky and addictedtoadam here on AO in the Adam Lambert Fan Club subforum. Please check to see if your question has already been posted in an existing thread there before posting a new topic. Please do not post questions concerning these subjects anywhere else on the forum. You can find the fan club subforum listed on the main forums page directly under Tour Talk.   The direct link is:
      http://forum.adamofficial.com/forum/30-adam-lambert-fan-club/   Fan club moderators, please correct me on anything I've posted that you find to be unclear or incorrect, through a PM. Thanks.   *Meet and Greet and VIP opportunities may or may not be offered.
carter_

QUEEN + ADAM LAMBERT RETURN TO ROCK NORTH AMERICA THIS SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 hours ago, Proud Glambert said:

Foxey, I saw The Beatles at the Hollywood Bowl in 1964 and 1965. My BFF and I were Beatlemaniacs, and belonged to our local fan club, SLOBS (San Luis Obispo Beatle Screamies). Their fans were often called screamies for a very good reason.

I was a bit too young.  I was just 12 when the Beatles did their final show in Candlestick Park.  My parents wouldn't let me go to any concerts then :(

Adam has sex appeal beyond any of The Beatles. He is a more dynamic frontman. His voice and his vocal power cannot be matched by anyone from 1964 on.

Queen did not tour very much in the US. Their songs did not do that well on the charts.

This article explains how Queen began to fade with American audiences.

http://wzlx.cbslocal.com/2014/07/22/queen-boston-garden-1982-america/

On 1/30/2017 at 4:56 PM, foxeylady said:

If we both get tickets to that show, I'd love to meet up with you :)

I got my tickets and will have three new fans in the making in tow! So excited to see their reactions. I've given the some warning, but there is no warning ample enough!

Did you get a ticket for MN show? I actually bought one extra ticket just to get the merchandise pack as the rest of my group didn't want to spend that much, however, it's not with the rest of my tickets. 

On 1/31/2017 at 1:11 PM, albertabroad said:

Hi Driver147! Sorry to hear you were having problems. I really don't know any more than you do but it seems like a glitch or too much activity. I hope you were able to get your tickets.

I tried later in the day, but the site would only show me 1 pair of seats availble. Today the site is more user friendly, but I think I'll take my chances and wait until they go on sale to the public tomorrow. Hopefully I will have a bigger selection to choose from.

17 hours ago, sweetygirly said:

Adam has sex appeal beyond any of The Beatles. He is a more dynamic frontman. His voice and his vocal power cannot be matched by anyone from 1964 on.

Queen did not tour very much in the US. Their songs did not do that well on the charts.

This article explains how Queen began to fade with American audiences.

http://wzlx.cbslocal.com/2014/07/22/queen-boston-garden-1982-america/

The Beatles were huge sex symbols at the time, and adored by young girls all over the world. No, none of them had a voice like Adam's, but they changed music forever. They were talented and innovative musicians. The group did not have a frontman, but John and Paul were definitely the standouts and sang the lead on most of their songs.

Paul McCartney was a huge heartthrob and was very attractive (I think he still is), but John was also considered quite sexy because of his intellect and his sense of humor.

I was not quite 15 when I first saw them at the Hollywood Bowl, and the screaming was so loud that it was difficult to hear the music. They had incredible magnetism.

7 hours ago, annar said:

I got my tickets and will have three new fans in the making in tow! So excited to see their reactions. I've given the some warning, but there is no warning ample enough!

Did you get a ticket for MN show? I actually bought one extra ticket just to get the merchandise pack as the rest of my group didn't want to spend that much, however, it's not with the rest of my tickets. 

I did indeed get my ticket for St. Paul :) I'll be on-stage!!!

I don't find any of these articles to reflect the current QAL collaboration. I started a topic about how the media is stuck in the past and they don't report at all about how incredible Adam is with Queen. You would think that it was 2012 after the first 6 shows that Adam did with Queen.

At what point is this no longer or less about Freddie? At what point does Adam become a star equivalent to Brian and Roger? When does the media start to talk about how Adam has brought new life to these songs? About how there would be no tours with Queen if not for Adam? Brian and Roger are very supportive of Adam and they speak of how great he is but the media does not report that.

It would seem strange now if Brian asked the audience, "What do you think of the new boy?" Yet, that is how Adam is treated by the written media.

Many of the people who go to these shows were not alive when Freddie was fronting Queen. It is over 30 years since Freddie appeared live with Queen. They don't realize what the big interest is in Freddie and Adam stepping "into his shoes." There is so much on Youtube with Adam and Queen, I don't see younger people going back and looking up Freddie. Young people have seen so much in performances that make Freddie look tame, so I can't see how Freddie would stand out to them over and above more contemporary performers.

Queen is a music act from the 70s and 80s but their music is not dated to that time. All the articles about Freddie put Queen back to thirty years ago rather than allowing them to come into the future. I want to read articles about how Adam has breathed new life into Queen's songs and that this band can stand head to head with any other contemporary band. I want to read about how Adam is an incredible artist who can sing and perform any genre of music and do it well. After several sold-out world tours, that is what the story should be, rather than the same old, same old.

12 hours ago, sweetygirly said:

I don't find any of these articles to reflect the current QAL collaboration. (...) After several sold-out world tours, that is what the story should be, rather than the same old, same old.

Hi sweetygirly! :) I found your post very interesting and would love to get back to it when the new concert reviews hit the news. It can be that the writers and articles are being extra careful because they are scared of giving too much compliments before seeing the respons from public. It would indeed be dissapointing if the newest concert reviews don't address any of those points you made. I'm hoping we can see a change of tone then.

Hi,albertabroad! Why would anyone believe that the reviews for the new concerts would be any different than the prior concert reviews?

I read a lot of the "articles" about the sing-off between Adam and James Corden. There were a lot of errors that were the same from article to article. Some even got the songs wrong. No, they didn't sing Bohemian Rhapsody! I wonder if some of the writers got their information from other writer's articles, rather than having watched the video from the show.

What bothers me is when the articles say that no one can fill Freddie's shoes, but they say that Adam has been touring with Queen since 2014. That is all they say about Adam. You would think that Queen was touring with someone who could hardly sing. If they mention that Adam is singing with Queen, they don't compliment Adam on how  talented he is or that he makes a great frontman. So, Adam gets the "put-down," but no credit for how great he is. One or two of the articles that I read said that Adam sang better than James, although it was obvious that Adam is the better singer.

Queen  does very few, if any, tv shows to promote the tour. If someone was interested in going to the tour and they read these articles, I don't believe that they would be inspired to see the show. The reviews are different. Usually they comment on how Adam performed. Unless the writer is a Freddie to the core fan, whereby they will never give Adam a good review.

QAL is a very below-the-radar phenomenon. They could bring it above-the-radar by doing a few more tv shows to promote the tour. I don't know why they don't do more tv. It would be a big boost for Adam to get those tv bookings. He can show off how great he is more with Queen's songs than with his own. The biggest show they did to promote the European tour was the BBC NYE show. They won't get a show like that in the USA but they could do a few more shows like Corden's.

" While Freddie Mercury can never truly be replaced, “American Idol” alum Adam Lambert has filled the shoes of the iconic singer and will join the band on tour this summer across North America."

This is a quote from etcanada.com. This is what I am talking about when I say that Freddie is lauded and Adam receives no credit for his performances with Queen. You would think that Adam is an average singer who is taking up space on the tour.

What James actually said as the second part of the second sentence was, "I KNOW I would be a better frontman for Queen." More articles have that wrong than right.

5 hours ago, sweetygirly said:

Hi,albertabroad! Why would anyone believe that the reviews for the new concerts would be any different than the prior concert reviews?

I read a lot of the "articles" about the sing-off between Adam and James Corden. There were a lot of errors that were the same from article to article. (...) You would think that Queen was touring with someone who could hardly sing. If they mention that Adam is singing with Queen, they don't compliment Adam on how  talented he is or that he makes a great frontman. (...)

Hi! :) To be honest I don't think there will ever be a major article about Queen without mentioning Freddie which automatically leads to the fact that Adam is being compared to him at least in readers' mind. So the writers are somewhat forced to describe that Adam is filling Freddie's shoes or something similar. And because Freddie wasn't just a lead singer to Queen it is almost impossible to write an article praising (only) Adam's great influence on the band and performances. Brian, Roger and Adam himself are always reminding us that the tours and performances are about honoring Freddie and Adam is always careful to remind that he understands the legacy. So it is only natural that that is also the point of view in the articles.

And while I agree with you that there are annoying errors on these articles I feel it's just the sad fact of today's press - they get things wrong all the time. I don't think it's aimed at belittling Adam.

I found e.g. the RS articles interesting and if you look at things they write there are things like:
"Lambert has toured regularly with the British rock act since 2012",
"In glittery costumes and sculpted hair, Lambert has been a major part of Queen's most active period as a touring unit since Mercury's 1991 death.",
"There was no escaping the fact that Adam was perfect." (quoting Brian),
"From his cheeky call-and-response during "Another One Bites the Dust" to his outsize take on "Killer Queen," spreading out on a purple lounger and fake-chugging champagne, Lambert proved as brilliant a fill-in as you're bound to find.",
"It's a shame he wasn't given more a cappella turns, however: "Somebody to Love" was goose bump-inducing thanks to Lambert's vocal acrobatics. And that's to say nothing of his vocal magic during "Bohemian Rhapsody" and "We Are the Champions.""

I mean, I think it's possible that it takes a world tour to become a worldwide phenomena in the eyes of the media. QAL are now doing their second round so I do expect the articles to be different than the first round, yes. I may be dissapointed with my expectations but I really think that it now has been proved that Adam is wonderful and the media is more free to write about Adam's contribution. This is the reason I wanted to wait until the new reviews appear.