• Announcements

• Flash Mod

Members! PLEASE READ Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines BEFORE POSTING

Before participating in our forum or any other area of AdamOfficial.com please read and acquaint yourself with the following Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines:   http://forum.adamofficial.com/topic/62357-forum-guidelines/   http://www.warnerbrosrecords.com/terms-of-service
    • Flash Mod

***HERE is how to access PRESALE CODES, VIP* and Meet and Greet* opportunities.***   01/30/2017

Before getting down to the business of access to presale codes, etc. please take note:   ***Please be advised that any member publicly posting actual presale codes anywhere on the forum (and possibly elsewhere!) or reportedly through private messages, will be banned from membership here on AO! NO EXCEPTIONS!   Our site here at adamofficial.com (aka AO) is Adam's official record label site, not his official fan club, and is not the place to find presale codes, nor are they provided through the official newsletter.   Presale codes are provided to paid members of Adam's official fan club one to several hours before the presale begins. If you are a paid member you can find the presale code in your dashboard at that site.
      The official fan club, Adam Lambert Fans, can be found here: http://www.adamlambertfans.com
      You must pay a fee to join. I believe the minimum fee is $9.99.
      Any other entity, website, or contact person on Twitter, email, etc. claiming to be representing Adam's official fan club and collecting payments other than directly at the above website is BOGUS, NOT LEGITIMATE!   Any questions you may have concerning any aspect of the fan club, including presale codes, VIP* tickets, Meet and Greet* opportunities, should only be addressed to the fan club moderators, DearBecky and addictedtoadam here on AO in the Adam Lambert Fan Club subforum. Please check to see if your question has already been posted in an existing thread there before posting a new topic. Please do not post questions concerning these subjects anywhere else on the forum. You can find the fan club subforum listed on the main forums page directly under Tour Talk.   The direct link is:
      http://forum.adamofficial.com/forum/30-adam-lambert-fan-club/   Fan club moderators, please correct me on anything I've posted that you find to be unclear or incorrect, through a PM. Thanks.   *Meet and Greet and VIP opportunities may or may not be offered.
Sign in to follow this  
ADAMITES2015

Is it a 'Kinda Magic?"

I don't know if this has been discussed/answered anywhere else, but I'm really interested to know HOW QAL can do shows so close together. :huh:The logistics of stage props, sound equipment and lighting being setup/taken down must be horrendous. Not to mention, a lot of these shows are (Down Under) miles and miles apart :o If you are a techie/roadie on this tour you are definitely earning your $$$$;)

You are right @ADAMITES2015, they definitely earn their pay!

There was an article about this very thing during the 2014 tour.  I don't remember all the details, but I can recall a brief version:

They have a HUGE crew of roadies.  The teardown starts when the guys leave the stage; they load it all up and start driving to the next destination.  The "load-in" starts bright and early on the morning of the show.

I've seen video clips and pictures of the crew doing their jobs.  Everyone knows what to do and when to do it.  It's like a synchronized ballet.  All of the boxes are marked, they are in a particular order, and on specific trucks.

You can see some of it at the beginning of this video.  And if you haven't watched this one for a while, the rest of it is quite entertaining too :lol:  But even though the video is just-for-fun, you can still get a sense of the sheer size of the operation.  They've got their own freakin' traveling kitchen, for pete's sake!!!

I vaguely remember this vid now, especially the broken 'Jimmy guitar' bit lol. Love dry humour lol.  I've met 'Andy' he took us on the backstage tour in Bangkok. This humorous take on their responsibilities is a great watch.  It still doesn't explain how they manage to do all this and undo all of this in the time frame that they are given though. I would assume it would take all night to undo and all day to set up? Then they have to transport the gear from venue to venue? There must be magic involved lol 

On 26.6.2017 at 1:27 AM, ADAMITES2015 said:

I don't know if this has been discussed/answered anywhere else, but I'm really interested to know HOW QAL can do shows so close together. :huh:The logistics of stage props, sound equipment and lighting being setup/taken down must be horrendous. Not to mention, a lot of these shows are (Down Under) miles and miles apart :o If you are a techie/roadie on this tour you are definitely earning your $$$$;)

It is magic. Yes. ^_^ Well, at least the magic of tech people. ;):)

On 26.6.2017 at 0:27 AM, ADAMITES2015 said:

I don-t know the specifics of this tour, and how things are these days really. But from what I have read and heard, when some of the “big bands” used to go on tour, they had several stages.  So one is taken down, one is in use, and one is being set up ready for the next gig. I'm guessing they are doing something simular to this now, to get the logistics to work.

@albertabroad

There were frequent blogs published during the 2014 tour--I think they are posted on queenonline.com  They were called "Notes from the Road", or something like that.

There was never any mention of multiple stages; just talk of rolling in,"loading in" to the venue, setting up, then "loading out" and rolling on to the next one.  The stage was so complex--and expensive--that it was always a massive undertaking.  That's why they had 18 trucks and about 100 crew.

The new stage is even more complex and expensive than the last one.  I don't think there is more than one of those.

21 hours ago, foxeylady said:

@albertabroad

There were frequent blogs published during the 2014 tour--I think they are posted on queenonline.com  They were called "Notes from the Road", or something like that.

There was never any mention of multiple stages; just talk of rolling in,"loading in" to the venue, setting up, then "loading out" and rolling on to the next one.  The stage was so complex--and expensive--that it was always a massive undertaking.  That's why they had 18 trucks and about 100 crew.

The new stage is even more complex and expensive than the last one.  I don't think there is more than one of those.

Hi foxey! :) Yes, I think you might be right. They have so much going on on and off that stage that it would be very expensive to have two of everything.

And thanks for the blog details. They certainly ring a bell with me. :)