• Announcements

• Flash Mod

Members! PLEASE READ Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines BEFORE POSTING

Before participating in our forum or any other area of AdamOfficial.com please read and acquaint yourself with the following Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines:   http://forum.adamofficial.com/topic/62357-forum-guidelines/   http://www.warnerbrosrecords.com/terms-of-service
    • Flash Mod

***HERE is how to access PRESALE CODES, VIP* and Meet and Greet* opportunities.***   01/30/2017

Before getting down to the business of access to presale codes, etc. please take note:   ***Please be advised that any member publicly posting actual presale codes anywhere on the forum (and possibly elsewhere!) or reportedly through private messages, will be banned from membership here on AO! NO EXCEPTIONS!   Our site here at adamofficial.com (aka AO) is Adam's official record label site, not his official fan club, and is not the place to find presale codes, nor are they provided through the official newsletter.   Presale codes are provided to paid members of Adam's official fan club one to several hours before the presale begins. If you are a paid member you can find the presale code in your dashboard at that site.
      The official fan club, Adam Lambert Fans, can be found here: http://www.adamlambertfans.com
      You must pay a fee to join. I believe the minimum fee is $9.99.
      Any other entity, website, or contact person on Twitter, email, etc. claiming to be representing Adam's official fan club and collecting payments other than directly at the above website is BOGUS, NOT LEGITIMATE!   Any questions you may have concerning any aspect of the fan club, including presale codes, VIP* tickets, Meet and Greet* opportunities, should only be addressed to the fan club moderators, DearBecky and addictedtoadam here on AO in the Adam Lambert Fan Club subforum. Please check to see if your question has already been posted in an existing thread there before posting a new topic. Please do not post questions concerning these subjects anywhere else on the forum. You can find the fan club subforum listed on the main forums page directly under Tour Talk.   The direct link is:
      http://forum.adamofficial.com/forum/30-adam-lambert-fan-club/   Fan club moderators, please correct me on anything I've posted that you find to be unclear or incorrect, through a PM. Thanks.   *Meet and Greet and VIP opportunities may or may not be offered.

Song reaction

TOH - Adam co-wrote everything apart from Underground, Evil in the Night, The Light which were written by others.

FYE- Adam co- wrote Aftermath, Broken Open, Pick You Up, Down the Rabbit Hole, Voodoo, Strut everything else was written by others

TSP- Adam co-wrote everything apart from Better than I know Myself, Never Close our Eyes, Naked Love. This includes all 3 bonus tracks and 2 extra UK bonus tracks.

TWO FUX- co written by Adam

A co-written song can be anything from an idea to slight music change/phrase up to lyrics and or music. If someone changes the lyrics or music just on one line they must be credited as a co-writer.

So as far as I know Adam hasnt written any of the songs that made it onto his albums by himself. Of course there are many more songs that didnt make the albums so there could be lots that he has. Adam will of course though had the last word on what makes the album after discussions.

This is the case with the vast majority of artists.

Elton Johns co-writer Bernie Taupin wrote the lyrics to nearly all of his songs and Elton wrote the music therefore its co-written.

If I have any information incorrect someone will correct me.

Hope this helps!

Do they list the names in the order of who contributed the most to the song? Is the person who is listed first the person who wrote the most music and/or lyrics of the song?

I think Adam needs to write a song entirely by himself to get credibility as a songwriter. Co-writing, especially when there are three or four or more writers, doesn't seem to make an artist known as a songwriter. It is different for an artist like Elton John, who doesn't claim to write lyrics, but he writes great melodies for lyrics where the result is hit songs. I can never tell what influence Adam has had on any of his songs. I would like to see him write an entire song with lyrics himself so that I can know what Adam is capable of and what his musical and lyrical interpretation of a song could be.

Hi @sweetygirly

I believe that this is, on the whole, the case but it doesnt always happen.

As far as Adam writing a whole song Im not so sure it matters so much. A lot of artists co write because getting input from other writers can make for a better song. I do think, though, music listeners who are keen to discredit an artist looks for things like this.

And of course like I mentioned he may have written many but they just havent made the albums. 

When i heard about the unfortunate event that happened with Elton john and the fan who had to be taken off the stage, i could not help thinking what would of happened if Adam had of invited fans up to sing a song.... perhaps a bad idea lol.